Why is the flip flopping of Mitt Romney not an issue?

Munin

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2008
I wonder why republicans and independents don't have an issue with the flip flopping of Mitt Romney or is it not important and am I exageratting the issue?

If I d have my brother saying 1 thing 1 day and 1 other thing every other day, I d have an issue trusting him. How do you know what he ll say and do as a president if he s so inconsistent?

And this is something else I really don't get: Is a Mormon really like any other Christian (as some people seem to believe)? I say this because GOP is the most religious Christian party, the only problem I see is that the holy book of mormons is not "the holy bible" but "the Book of mormon". I wonder if Mitt Romney will swear his inauguration on "the book of mormon" then, since he doesn't believe in the bible

Last edited:
I wonder why republicans don't have an issue with the flip flopping of Mitt Romney or is it not important and am I exageratting the issue?

For the same reason that liberals don't have a problem with the gross mis-handling of Benghazi: he's their boy and he's a lot better than the other no matter what.

I wonder why republicans don't have an issue with the flip flopping of Mitt Romney or is it not important and am I exageratting the issue?

If he has flip flopped so much, it's such a big deal and independents should see it as a good enough reason not to vote for him, then it's Obama and the democrats' campaigns' fault for not making that clear enough to them.

But in general, it's only wild partisans that make a big deal out of it. All politicians lie and all politicians say what's best for their (re)election effort.

I wonder why republicans and independents don't have an issue with the flip flopping of Mitt Romney or is it not important and am I exageratting the issue?

If I d have my brother saying 1 thing 1 day and 1 other thing every other day, I d have an issue trusting him. How do you know what he ll say and do as a president if he s so inconsistent?

And this is something else I really don't get: Is a Mormon really like any other Christian (as some people seem to believe)? The GOP being the most religious Christian party, the holy book of mormons is not "the holy bible" but "the Book of mormon". I wonder if Mitt Romney will swear his inauguration on "the book of mormon" then, since he doesn't believe in the bible

Please provide the specific "flip flops" with links to the source.

And this is something else I really don't get: Is a Mormon really like any other Christian (as some people seem to believe)? The GOP being the most religious Christian party, the holy book of mormons is not "the holy bible" but "the Book of mormon". I wonder if Mitt Romney will swear his inauguration on "the book of mormon" then, since he doesn't believe in the bible

They consider the opposition and make the better choice in favor of Romney. The real question is how could anyone vote for Obama knowing how piss poor of a job he has done for four years?

It's not an issue because it's a bunch of Horse shit peddled by the other side.

They both flip on issues. obama flips because his VP is an idiot. Romney flips because he is trying to be the president America wants. FEMA abortion etc

Please provide the specific "flip flops" with links to the source.

from the republican debate

well there are also a number of video clips, but this is of course a subjective campaigne like youtube video:
But still you can not fake what he said, they could ve been taken out of context but still: it does seem weird that so many news sources agree on it if it is not true (newspapers, tv news, ... )

lol, I even found that some dude made a whole website about it: http://www.whichmitt.com/

Well at least it s funny :p , sure I know all politicians flip flop. I think that it s only an idiot that never changes his mind because he thinks he s always right. But flip flpping all the time does seem to make you unreliable (at least if it is the case)

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Maobama has never said one thing and done another, can you say DOMA, can you say cut the deficit in half, can you say 5% unemployment by now, can you say 5% growth in GDP by now and I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

It was only important in 2004, when the RNC was selling flip-flops and purple heart band-aids. Now, it's a non-issue to them. They revel in their Hypocrisy.

Why do democrats and independents not have an issue with Obama going back on his word or is it not important?

Why do democrats and independents not have an issue with Obama going back on his word or is it not important?

They do I think, I think the issue was raised during the previous election about at least 1 time he flipped. But he didn't do it so much as Mitt Romney it seems as there aren't whole youtube videos that contain him doing it, if he had I m pretty sure that the republicans would have made them

EarthLink - Top News

Romney faces scrutiny on aid in storm's wake

"I believe that FEMA plays a key role in working with states and localities to prepare for and respond to natural disasters," Romney said in a statement supplied by his campaign Wednesday.

"Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that's the right direction,"

the flip flops are indeed an issue just before the election day - including the auto bailout Romney has now been caught red handed in distorting the truth ...

and very well may cost the Republicans the election for using deception to win votes.

Last edited:
That's because most people know that Obama is constantly and consistently lying.

If Romney's position isn't what the golden calf says his position is, then according to the minions he is flip flopping.

The problem is that Obama gets his positions wrong.

Romney hasn't flip flopped. Democrats say he did, but that doesn't mean he really did. It's not like he evolved as to same sex marriage the way obama has.

Forum List

Back