Why is the Army targetting children for recruitment?

And what is the overwhelming majority of young Democrats doing? Last I checked, we're ALL Americans.

Something only those on the left seem to need reminding of eveyday.

I'm perpetually perplexed as to why Republicans think that those who don't believe in the Iraq war should sign up to die for it before 30 million able bodied Republican civilians who DO believe in it sign up.

Misleading semantics. And last I checked, the left has almost an exclusive use monpoly on playing them.

Was the thread title "US Military Accepting More Enlistment Waivers" I wouldn't be in it. But that would be stating the truth rather than misleading the reader to believe actual standards have ben lowered and any neanderthal need just make his "x" on the contract.

For all practical purposes, it is the same thing. Given that it is close to not meeting its numbers, the military lets some more people join who, in other times, would not have qualified. Okay. So it does not technically lower the standards for everyone across the board. Still, the military did make allowances. It “cut corners”.

For all practical purposes, it is the same thing. Given that it is close to not meeting its numbers, the military lets some more people join who, in other times, would not have qualified. Okay. So it does not technically lower the standards for everyone across the board. Still, the military did make allowances. It “cut corners”.

As previously pointed out, it is not "the same thing." The waivers have been available since post-draft recruiting began. Many things affect the numbers, and not just a war.

It's harder to recruit when a Democrat is President. It's easier to pick and choose during a drawdown that had been going on during the 90s. Just examples.

I'm sure in the present, the numbers ARE affected by the war; however, the practice of handing out medical, moral and intelectual waivers has been going on for decades.

I'm perpetually perplexed as to why Republicans think that those who don't believe in the Iraq war should sign up to die for it before 30 million able bodied Republican civilians who DO believe in it sign up.

Your statement is based on the assumption that all "Republicans" support the Iraq War. Are you also assuming all conservatives are Republicans?

And what of those who did not support the decision to invade Iraq, but DO support finishing what we started?

What about Republicans/conservatives who don't really support Bush, but saw him as a leser evil than the two buffoons presented by the Dems in 2000 & 2004?

And while you did not call me a Republican specifically, your statement can be read that way since I am the who asked the question, so let me clear something up for you right now ..

I am not and never have been a member of the GOP. I have been however at one time a member of the Democrat Party.

Your statement is based on the assumption that all "Republicans" support the Iraq War. Are you also assuming all conservatives are Republicans?

And what of those who did not support the decision to invade Iraq, but DO support finishing what we started?

What about Republicans/conservatives who don't really support Bush, but saw him as a leser evil than the two buffoons presented by the Dems in 2000 & 2004?

And while you did not call me a Republican specifically, your statement can be read that way since I am the who asked the question, so let me clear something up for you right now ..

I am not and never have been a member of the GOP. I have been however at one time a member of the Democrat Party.

Your an independant?

Which way do you normally vote?

Your an independant?

Which way do you normally vote?

I have voted Republican since 1980; which, means exactly nothing.

To address where I think you are going .... way back when, I was a Hawk Democrat. My beliefs haven't changed .... the rug just got pulled out from under me and the many others that made the exodus in 1980.

If the Democrats have a better candidate than the Republicans, I'll vote for him/her. Don't see that happening this time around.

I have voted Republican since 1980; which, means exactly nothing.

To address where I think you are going .... way back when, I was a Hawk Democrat. My beliefs haven't changed .... the rug just got pulled out from under me and the many others that made the exodus in 1980.

If the Democrats have a better candidate than the Republicans, I'll vote for him/her. Don't see that happening this time around.

well said.....pick the person not the party.....i have never voted the party line....don't belong to one....

I was raised in a family of Democrats. Most of them still are. When Jimmy Carter imasculated the party, I left.

dads family was right of fallwell and politicians .... mom's was left of obama and southern .... was always lying to 1/2 of em....

was apolitical for the first 35 years of my life ....

And I also based it on the assumption that the sun would rise today and that their is an objective reality. I would say we can also safely assume the Pope is a Catholic, at least in these modern times.

Either way, anyone who supports the war, regardless of party, should sign up if they have never served and are able to. But I guarantee that if you wanted to find the highest percentage of war supporters you'd head to the College Republicans, not the College Democrats.

Forum List

Back