Why is the age of unbiased journalism over?

Cronkite unbiaseed? LOLOL

That's funny. He hated the US so much he called Tet for the NVA and had he been alive he would have said the Hessians kicked Washington's ass at Trenton

Cronkite LOL

That's some funny shit

To be absolutely honest, I simply cannot listen to the ravings of either of these guys, Beck or Oberman, for more than a couple minutes. I suppose some would call them passionate. It feels more like hateful to me.

It feels like "white noise" to me.

To be absolutely honest, I simply cannot listen to the ravings of either of these guys, Beck or Oberman, for more than a couple minutes. I suppose some would call them passionate. It feels more like hateful to me.

Two suggestions:

First, listen to people before you label them.

Second, evaluate them by what they say and not how you feel.

Otherwise, it's difficult to learn because quite frankly, the truth generally isnt a pleasant thing.

Two suggestions:

Otherwise, it's difficult to learn because quite frankly, the truth generally isnt a pleasant thing.

I have watched Beck and the other emo pundits long enough to form an opiniion on them.

Two suggestions:

I have watched Beck and the other emo pundits long enough to form an opiniion on them.

Well thats good because

1) I wasnt talking to you

and

2) I said listen. Not watch.

Two suggestions:

Well thats good because

and

Nit picking technicalilties.

Well thats good because

and

Nit picking technicalilties.

11314118.thb.jpg

Two suggestions:

Both of these guys seem to be gunuinely smart and very glib. They have a pretty solidly predictable set of conclusions as they speak. Oberman more so than Beck, but still...

They both just make me uneasy. They seem to be in attack mode all the time.

That's why I like Maddow and don't like Olbermann. Maddow seems, in my opinion, to have more of a "trying to reason out the truth" style. Of course that could all be in the manner of presentation...but just my opinion.

So the question becomes...

if good arguments have at least some level of unbiasedness...

and most news outlets today are insanely biased...

where do all of you go for your logic?

I get unspun info and access to sources as a freelance writer that is not available to the public. I think it's a shame because it would be really helpful for people - whatever side of the spectrum you happen to be on.

If I want to get specific information, I can request it via a certain site and generally get a response within 24 hours, from reliable, accurate, unbiased sources. It's very handy.

Interestingly, I am also a member of a website for freelancers specializing in certain areas - one of which is politics. There is currently a project open from a particular group looking for people to get paid to blog and post on forums about the positive side of the healthcare bill. I haven't bid on that job - because it's against my political beliefs and, more importantly, I don't think that people should be being paid to post about this kind of thing. It corrupts the information, in my view. Basically, the client will tell the provider what they want to say and give a list of sites etc they want the information posted on. To me, this stinks.

Forum List

Back