WHY is some spot in the BCS title game automatically

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
reseverde for the SEC chamP

Its like the SEC champ is automatically in one of the spots.

fix

glad the BCS will be history

reseverde for the SEC chamP

Its like the SEC champ is automatically in one of the spots.

fix

glad the BCS will be history

Because an SEC team has been in the top 2 in the BCS rating every year for 6 years. And those teams didn't have a spot reserved for them. They earned it.

If someone else has a better team, they will earn the spot.

But I agree that the BCS needs to go. We need more playoff spots though. But then we run the risk of having 2 SEC teams in the Championship game again. And people will whine.

Would the crummiest NFL team win the BCS?

Talking about teams like the Raiders.

Would the crummiest NFL team win the BCS?

Talking about teams like the Raiders.

Best in college football against the worst of the pros? I think there have been some college teams that could beat them. I doubt the worst pro teams could have scored on Alabama's most recent BCS championship team.

I might be wrong, but I don't think the top SEC teams play many good OOC road games.

They might draw a decent team at home OOC, but I can't remember anything for LSU, 'Bama, and Florida (The Gators haven't left the state of Florida OOC since the 'Cuse gave them a nice beat down 20 years ago)

This is why I don't think 2 SEC teams should play each other in the title game.

Then again, you don't see alot of the other major programs int he other conferences going on the road OOC either so the point may be mute.

Thankfully, we will have a fledgling playoff system soon, hopefully expanding to 8 teams soon thereafter.

Forum List

Back