Why Is Secession Such an Anathema to the Left?

For people who actually respect the constitution, trying to remove an entire state full of people from it's protection is the blackest treason. Why else would a bunch of neo-confederates try to break away? So they can finally get rid of those pesky parts that grant equal rights and protection to people they really want to fuck over and keep down.
Which is why 'secession' is un-Constitutional, it seeks to take an American's citizenship from him against his will; as is the case with a citizen's fundamental rights, whether or not one retains his citizenship is not subject to acts of state government, popular vote, or majority rule.

Wrong. If a state secedes, all the residents who want to remain American citizens do so. Does flying to Mexico remove your American citizenship?

This is the most bogus argument of all.
All horse, no chattel.

Secede the fuck already.

And shut the hell up/

Spare me the infantile taunts. "I dare ya!" is the rhetoric of a 5-year-old.

Lets say that the southern states seceded.....all that would do is to have chumps like Trump, declaring that we should build a "great, great wall" along the Mason-Dixon line.
Yeah, but that would be to keep the Yankees out of Florida and South Carolina.

For people who actually respect the constitution, trying to remove an entire state full of people from it's protection is the blackest treason. Why else would a bunch of neo-confederates try to break away? So they can finally get rid of those pesky parts that grant equal rights and protection to people they really want to fuck over and keep down.
Which is why 'secession' is un-Constitutional, it seeks to take an American's citizenship from him against his will; as is the case with a citizen's fundamental rights, whether or not one retains his citizenship is not subject to acts of state government, popular vote, or majority rule.

Wrong. If a state secedes, all the residents who want to remain American citizens do so. Does flying to Mexico remove your American citizenship?

This is the most bogus argument of all.
All horse, no chattel.

Secede the fuck already.

And shut the hell up/

Spare me the infantile taunts. "I dare ya!" is the rhetoric of a 5-year-old.
Said the toddler with his middle finger in the air.

Secession is an act of treason. The Secessionists had better be prepared to pay the piper.

There you have it. Totalitarians masquerading as Liberals. Wake up, America!
You know.... when our Founders revolted - they knew they were committing treason.

Difference is: they won.

Winning is everything.

Which proves nothing. Again, you're pushing the "might makes right," theory of morality.
It proves that secession, a political fit of pique, is treason.

Yeah, but that would be to keep the Yankees out of Florida and South Carolina.

Perhaps....but if FL or SC were NOT part of the U.S., what would keep those "Yankees" from opting to retire (even more so) to central and south American countries?

Isn't secession the ultimate expression of self-determination? Why are those on the Left so opposed to allowing a difference of opinion? Conservatives think liberals are idiots and would be happy to have them go somewhere else, but the reverse is certainly not true. Liberals want to enforce their conformity on everyone and recoil at the thought of allowing others to follow a different path.

Is this due to an underlying totalitarian streak that are present in most "progressive" policies, or is it a fear of competition from other ideas? As an out-of-state conservative I had no problems with Romneycare in Massachusetts (as long as I didn't have to pay for it). So why is it you liberals are so opposed to school vouchers in states where you don't live? Why must every policy be dictated by the federal government?

What are you afraid of?

Come on dude, how are those lazy ass, tit suckers ever gonna run an economic engine in their society, without the Republican / Responsible capitalist class of the Conservatives / Republicans??

I mean you have to look no farther than their shit holes, Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore and Cincinnati ..........

[Snip]
Democrats Run America's Ten Poorest Cities
By Onan Coca / 25 September 2013 / 165 Comments

Here it is in its entirety…

What do the top ten cities with the highest poverty rate all have in common?

DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP!

Detroit, MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn’t elected
a Republican mayor since 1961;

Buffalo, NY (2nd) hasn’t elected one since 1954;

Cincinnati, OH (3rd)… since 1984;

Cleveland, OH (4th)… since 1989;

Miami, FL (5th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

St. Louis, MO (6th)…. since 1949;

El Paso, TX (7th) has never had a Republican Mayor;

Milwaukee, WI (8th)… since 1908;

Philadelphia, PA (9th)… since 1952;

Newark, NJ (10th)… since 1907.

Einstein once said, “The definition of insanity is doing
the same thing over and over again and always
expecting different results.”

Democrats Run America s Ten Poorest Cities - Eagle Rising

Isn't secession the ultimate expression of self-determination? Why are those on the Left so opposed to allowing a difference of opinion? Conservatives think liberals are idiots and would be happy to have them go somewhere else, but the reverse is certainly not true. Liberals want to enforce their conformity on everyone and recoil at the thought of allowing others to follow a different path.

Is this due to an underlying totalitarian streak that are present in most "progressive" policies, or is it a fear of competition from other ideas? As an out-of-state conservative I had no problems with Romneycare in Massachusetts (as long as I didn't have to pay for it). So why is it you liberals are so opposed to school vouchers in states where you don't live? Why must every policy be dictated by the federal government?

What are you afraid of?

Come on dude, how are those lazy ass, tit suckers ever gonna run an economic engine in their society, without the Republican / Responsible capitalist class of the Conservatives / Republicans??

I mean you have to look no farther than their shit holes, Detroit, Chicago, Baltimore and Cincinnati ..........

[Snip]

DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP!

How many of those cities are in RED-run states???

What are you afraid of?

[Snip]

DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP!

What are you afraid of?

[Snip]

DEMOCRAT LEADERSHIP!

Perhaps you should read the linked article where it talks about responsibility falls at the city level not federal.

There are plenty of Republican / Conservative cities in those so called Red-run states who are not on that list or in the same boat.

Your point again??

Forum List

Back