Why is Romney having such a hard time nailing down the nomination?

lol, see what I mean folks?

too funny

I just don't know how we are going to back Romney. I like the man.

Not being horrid here, but cripes. The left and Obama are going to have a hey day with him having something like 150 plus great grandmothers or that they baptised in death Marilyn Monroe and Adolf Hitler. Let alone Tim McVeigh and Ted Bundy.

Oh shit. Dead in the water.
Toast, we are toast. I think it's just been reported that they baptized Princess Diana as well.

Let them. Let them attack Mormonism. It can hold it's own. It sure didn't help Stephen Douglas.

No. Let them continue to attack religion. Meanwhile we can focus on the issues.

Of course they will . . . Bill Wright and BLT was off-limits, 20 years in the pew? Pffft, of no consequence, totally irrelevant.

But this? Wait, this is different . . . somehow it just is.

Right, lefties?

:rolleyes:

I've done promotion for most of my life. And I've been damn good at it. I'm telling you here and now when I am watching stories break internationally about Romney and his past present and future we are going to have problems.

Big ones. Really mother trucking big ones.

This is such a pity. I actually admire the man and his financial expertise and this man literally saved the Olympics and his critics be damned, but oh my the DNC are prepped for bear against him on his Mormon faith.

We're toast.

Mormon vs. 20 years of 'God damned America'. Ok, let the games begin.

That talking point didn't work 4 years ago; don't expect it to work any better now.

BLITZER'S BLOG: Will Michigan voters swing in Romney

Why is Mitt flailing like a 8th grade cheerleader?

Are you listening to Romney's acceptance speech? It's hilarious. The promises based on nothing sane and all the sheeple cheering bullshit. Hilarious!

That's rich... coming from the dope that was brainwashed by "Hope 'n Change".

You gotta admit. Obamas done a pretty decent job considering the multiple disasters Republicans handed him.

I've done promotion for most of my life. And I've been damn good at it. I'm telling you here and now when I am watching stories break internationally about Romney and his past present and future we are going to have problems.

Big ones. Really mother trucking big ones.

This is such a pity. I actually admire the man and his financial expertise and this man literally saved the Olympics and his critics be damned, but oh my the DNC are prepped for bear against him on his Mormon faith.

We're toast.

I dont doubt your expertise. I hope I havent said anything to make you think that. Im quite confident you are good at it.

I havent seen any stories breaking internationally. And quite frankly im not sure they matter. Because it's Americans who will be voting and it's the domestic media that we need to watch. Regardless, the media will turn on Romney and Mormonism the second he wins the nomination (If he does). I dont doubt that.

And as a Mormon, I can attest to you that Mormonism can more than withstand the attacks. And I am fairly confident Romney can as well. In fact, I am willing to predict that the more the left attacks Mormonism to attack Romney, the wider the margin of victory Romney will have.

Most attacks on the Mormon Religion comes from the right. They believe Moroms belong to a cult and that Mormonism isn't a true religion. Did I really have to tell you that? Something so well known?

Are you listening to Romney's acceptance speech? It's hilarious. The promises based on nothing sane and all the sheeple cheering bullshit. Hilarious!

You gotta admit. Obamas done a pretty decent job considering the multiple disasters Republicans handed him.

You have a very odd definition of a "pretty decent job". Personally, I dont consider the economy on the brink of collapse and the world on fire as a "pretty decent job"

Most attacks on the Mormon Religion comes from the right. They believe Moroms belong to a cult and that Mormonism isn't a true religion. Did I really have to tell you that? Something so well known?

Doesnt matter how well known a lie is, doesnt make it less a lie.

You have a very odd definition of a "pretty decent job". Personally, I dont consider the economy on the brink of collapse and the world on fire as a "pretty decent job"

Really? The economy is on the brink of collapse?

Wanna explain why the stock market closed above 13,000 yesterday?

Really? The economy is on the brink of collapse?

Wanna explain why the stock market closed above 13,000 yesterday?

Because the stock market is run by speculation and not necessarily economic strength.

[
He didn't actually say "I like to fire people". He said "I like to be able to fire people"... and I agree with him. If someone is an incompetent ass, or steals from me, or breaks the law while working for me... I'd like to be able to fire them too.

I've had to fire employees for valid reasons, and frankly, I've never liked it. I've had to fire vendors for valid reasons, and I've never liked it.

Even if you accept what he said was valid (which I don't, it was a stupid point. Most of us can't fire our insurance carriers and still won't be able to under his plan) the fact he used the word "like" shows he's a a rich douchebag who likes using his money to push people around.

But with his win of a whopping 3% (in the state he was born in, after outspending his opponent 5-1, against a guy whose open about his religous nuttiness, who was polling in single digits three months ago) will pretty much end any talk of brokered conventions or geting someone in there who might be likable.

Here's my two cents why Romney can't nail down the nomination.

There's an old joke about a marketting campaign for Dog Food. They had the best packaging, the most clever commercials, a really clever marketting strategy. But sales very quickly flopped.

After the company did some research, they discovered the reason why. The Dogs won't eat it.

Romney's problem is, other than the 1%, there's really no one he appeals to. He has no natural consituency. He doesn't talk about his time as governor because he might as well have been a democrat during that time.

Both he and Santorum say they are against gay marriage or abortion. But you know Santorum really means it, but Romney is just saying what he thinks you want to hear. For folks who are for abortion or gay marriage, Romney doesn't win their vote because they think he's kind of a phony and a fake.

Oh, he'll probalby get about 45% of the vote, because he's not Obama. But he's no leading a movement, and he's not inspiring people the way Reagan or Obama did.

And that's why he'll lose. The Dogs won't eat it.

Doesnt matter how well known a lie is, doesnt make it less a lie.
The attacks come from anti Romney supporters in the GOP.

Forum List

Back