why is Romney better?

please give me a reason to vote for this guy.. (not that he's NOT Obumba!) why is he Better than Ron Paul???? :confused:

He is better than Paul because he can unseat Obama. There just aren't enough people to vote green to get their man elected. All voting green does is split the vote. Voting green won't get Obama out of office.

Paul and his followers are running out of time to convince the rest of the GOP that America doesn't have the right to go around the world blowing the shit out of other sovereign countries we don't like, destroying thousands of American military families and wasting trillions of dollars.

Not holding my breath here. Republicans LOVE that stuff.

What in the world makes Paul's followers think they can pull this miracle off?

please give me a reason to vote for this guy.. (not that he's NOT Obumba!) why is he Better than Ron Paul???? :confused:

He is better than Paul because he can unseat Obama. There just aren't enough people to vote green to get their man elected. All voting green does is split the vote. Voting green won't get Obama out of office.

so if i think Obumba is a Terrible president (and i do) but, i think Romney is also a Terrible choice........ i should just stay home on election day? :confused:

Ron Paul is not someone that most conservatives can vote for. He's associated himself with racists. He makes China look positively enlightened when it comes to xenophobia. No matter how much one agrees with libertarian ideals, he's not the man.

Like it or not, Paul is not a viable candidate to unseat Obama. If Hillary isn't the new VP choice, Romney can beat Obama.

so if i think Obumba is a Terrible president (and i do) but, i think Romney is also a Terrible choice........ i should just stay home on election day? :confused:

Like all Americans, you should do some serious soul searching and do what you know is right. If you think Obama being re-elected is right then stay home or vote for a third party candidate or vote for him. If you think Obama being re-elected is wrong, then vote for Romney.

If you have studied the track record and ideology of both men, and still think there is no difference between the two or they would be equally bad, I think you haven't done enough homework on the subject yet.

Last edited:

I don't give a shit what you do on election day. If you want Obama out of office, only a republican can beat him. Facts are facts.

I don't give a shit what you do on election day. If you want Obama out of office, only a republican can beat him. Facts are facts.

^what a Bitch.. Jeeeezzzzuzz!

Ron Paul is not someone that most conservatives can vote for. He's associated himself with racists. He makes China look positively enlightened when it comes to xenophobia. No matter how much one agrees with libertarian ideals, he's not the man.

Like it or not, Paul is not a viable candidate to unseat Obama. If Hillary isn't the new VP choice, Romney can beat Obama.

I would vote Hillary over Romney for PRESIDENT. But not as a running mate to Obama. I will cast no vote in any direction that will make it more likely that Obama will stay in office. That includes 'green.'

Romney is better than Ron Paul...

1) He has more leadership experience in business and running a state.
2) His foreign policy won't be fallback to the CONUS and surrender the world to our enemies like Ron Paul.
3) He won't gut the military like Ron Paul.
4) He will cut the size of the Federal Govt but he won't take a chainsaw to it like Ron Paul which would cause more harm than good.
5) He won't legalize drugs like many Paulbots support.....take a look at Amsterdam's change of heart on selling drugs in the red light district.

And that assume the rest of Congress would actually go along with Paul's kook agenda even if Paul got elected. There would be no chance in hell of that.

I would vote Hillary over Romney for PRESIDENT. But not as a running mate to Obama. I will cast no vote in any direction that will make it more likely that Obama will stay in office. That includes 'green.'

Agree, but many moderates would.

You need a reason other than Ron Paul won't be running in November? If so, just go ahead and vote for Paul anyway. it might just make a difference.

I don't know that Romney is at all any better than Ron Paul.

However. . . .

Based on their respective track records alone, Romney simply has the better track record and credentials to be POTUS. Ron Paul has been largely marginalized in the House of Representatives and has not been able to convince his colleagues to pass any significant piece of legislation. He does consistently vote conservative, however, and yes, he would likely be the same guy as POTUS that he has been all these years. But with no ability to persuade either the people or the Congress, he won't be able to get much done.

Romeny has a very good track record of working with people of diverse opinions and getting things done.

I don't believe either man would spend the people's money on lavish personal projects or events.

I think both men would use executive orders appropriately to undo the damage Obama has done with executive orders.

I don't know whether Romney will really push to significantly shrink the size and scope of government, but I do not think he will push to increase it either. The more Tea Party approved members of Congress we can elect to support him, the better chance we have to fix the economy faster.

I do know that Ron Paul would not be able to get the consent of Congress to do the draconian cuts he pledges to make immediately, and he could do a great deal of harm if he should unilaterally do some of that too quickly.

There is non of the more seemingly nutty fruit loops quality to Romney that Paul has been accused of and that kept me from supporting him in the primary races.

I have a great deal of respect for Ron Paul and believe he is a good, decent, honorable, man.
I have a great deal of respect for Mitt Romney and believe he is a good, decent, honorable man.

Either would be head and shoulders above Barack Obama. And I would vote for either, or any of the other GOP hopefuls in the general election. I can't imagine what Obama might do now to persuade me that he would actually be any different in a second term.

Please articulate the ideological differences between Hillary Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama. Can't? How about policy differences? Can't? What differences can you articulate?

Hmmmmm?

I don't know that Romney is at all any better than Ron Paul.

However. . . .

Based on their respective track records alone, Romney simply has the better track record and credentials to be POTUS. Ron Paul has been largely marginalized in the House of Representatives and has not been able to convince his colleagues to pass any significant piece of legislation. He does consistently vote conservative, however, and yes, he would likely be the same guy as POTUS that he has been all these years. But with no ability to persuade either the people or the Congress, he won't be able to get much done.

Romeny has a very good track record of working with people of diverse opinions and getting things done.

Bull.

I don't believe either man would spend the people's money on lavish personal projects or events.

Nor does Obama.

I think both men would use executive orders appropriately to undo the damage Obama has done with executive orders.

What damage?

I don't know whether Romney will really push to significantly shrink the size and scope of government, but I do not think he will push to increase it either. The more Tea Party approved members of Congress we can elect to support him, the better chance we have to fix the economy faster.

That is ridiculous.

I do know that Ron Paul would not be able to get the consent of Congress to do the draconian cuts he pledges to make immediately, and he could do a great deal of harm if he should unilaterally do some of that too quickly.

Oh? How would he do that?

There is non of the more seemingly nutty fruit loops quality to Romney that Paul has been accused of and that kept me from supporting him in the primary races.

What "quality" attracts you to Mitt? Steadfastness?

I have a great deal of respect for Ron Paul and believe he is a good, decent, honorable, man.

As is Obama.

I have a great deal of respect for Mitt Romney and believe he is a good, decent, honorable man.

Mitt is hardly honorable.

Either would be head and shoulders above Barack Obama. And I would vote for either, or any of the other GOP hopefuls in the general election. I can't imagine what Obama might do now to persuade me that he would actually be any different in a second term.

That is stupidity talking. You are a dummy.

He is white and ....er.........uhum.....ahh.......well........cough.......and I feel that my food stamps will be protected.

I also believe that he will invade iran. iran needs to be invaded because KBR and Halliburton need the revenue.

Esther La Vista , dude.

He is white and ....er.........uhum.....ahh.......well........cough.......and I feel that my food stamps will be protected.

I also believe that he will invade iran. iran needs to be invaded because KBR and Halliburton need the revenue.

Esther La Vista , dude.

You're the racist.

Esther La Vista , dude.

You're the racist.

Really?

What is the signifcant different between Obama and Romney?

Aren't they owned by the welfare/warfare state party?

Esther La Vista , dude.

thanks for the Laugh! this Forum has too many LAME people.. :cool::lol:

Forum List

Back