Why is religion introduced at such a young age?

LuvRPgrl said:
Its my opinion that is one event our finite brains are not , at least now, capable of comprehending. If there was a time there was nothing, then there would always be nothing, according to our line of logic. Somewhere it must break down.

To continue it, if there is something, then there must have always been something, and that goes into infinity,

Isnt one of the scientific laws that matter can neither be created nor destroyed, only changed?

Hence, the spiritual existence of God, must be a non physical entity, and He converted some of that entity into physical existence.

Hold on, my brain is starting to hurt.

I think the point manu is making is the same one I tried to make, and you as well. Evolution is the continual change of life to adapt to an ever-changing environment. It is not a theory of origin, but the uneducated anit-religious try to use it as an argument and Creationism.

Creationism: theory

The Big Bang, the unlikely coming together of just the correct amount of energy and matter to form life as we know it, etc : theory.

Neither are based on factual evidence at the level which we egotistical humans understand.

And I completely agree with your statement concerning man's finite mind/knowledge. Based on the argument that if it cannot be proven with factual evidence as accepted by Man, the argument implies that Man is, in fact God because anything beyond the limit of Man's intellect is discarded as myth.

Jeez .... no MY brain hurts too ..... :scratch:

Intelligent design isn't considered a science because it claims that there is an invisible being that made things. That is a spiritual belief and should be seperated from scientific discussion. God and science can co exist but you can' t disprove evolution with spirituality. You have to do it with hard scientific evidence. Until someone does that then evolution will be accepted as it should be.

This is where you have ID wrong. ID does not require that the creator be a spiritual being. It leaves open the possibility that we are the incredibly complex creation of a highly advanced alien culture. Hell, the organic nanites that drive our very cells are too complex for an accident, so if this is what's true, those guys must have taken a long time thinking us up.

Hobbit said:
This is where you have ID wrong. ID does not require that the creator be a spiritual being. It leaves open the possibility that we are the incredibly complex creation of a highly advanced alien culture. Hell, the organic nanites that drive our very cells are too complex for an accident, so if this is what's true, those guys must have taken a long time thinking us up.

I know that it also considers the possibility of an alien being creating us. The point is that there is no proof of this alien being doing this. If there is absolutely no proof for something then it isn't science. The premise of ID is just to arbitrarily make up something and say that it might have happened that way. Even if they are right it isn't science.

MOD HAT ON

All,

There have been quite a few threads in here that have, as of late, devolved into a evolution vs. ID debate. Might I suggest that ID and evolution be limited to one thread, so that other threads stay on topic. This will allow everyone to discuss different topics. Thanks!

MOD HAT OFF

Powerman said:
I know that it also considers the possibility of an alien being creating us. The point is that there is no proof of this alien being doing this. If there is absolutely no proof for something then it isn't science. The premise of ID is just to arbitrarily make up something and say that it might have happened that way. Even if they are right it isn't science.

Im looking at gop jeffs hat and wondering what this thread was about anyways:)

So, powerman, your assertion is that if there is no proof of something then it cant be science? Uhh, wasnt there at one time no proof that germs caused disease?

What you actually mean to say is we either dont have any proof now, or we have some but you arent willing to acknowledge it.

Forum List

Back