Why is Prostitution Illegal???

Why is this practice , which is older than time itself , Illegal in almost every State in this country???

Who's "Rights" are being violated if two consenting adults engage in sex , and one is paid for the service??

Its because this isn't an issue of "what the heck, its been around for thousands of years and hey its all about sex and that is a private issue as President Clinton somehow proved by degrading the White House and gettting blowjobs from an intern and then later perjured himself so he could get a lawsuit settled in his favor and all that somehow "proved" its just a "private issue", right?". Just which one of you lying ass, two-faced liberal nutjobs want to try and convince the rest of us you'd still believe that if it had been BUSH who had done that while President, huh? Sometimes the hypocrisy just leaves me breathless.

Prostitution is an issue of whether society itself BENEFITS from the practice or not and whether it harms a particular segment of the human population that is involved or not. Hard to argue that selling the bodies of some people in society so that the bodies of the opposite sex who happen to be much wealthier can get their rocks off somehow benefits all of society - and keep a straight face, isn't it? I couldn't even keep a straight face while typing that one sentence. Yeah, yeah there is male prostitution but prostitution through the ages has overwhelmingly been females who see no other way of providing for themselves in life except for selling their bodies for cold cash. And the men who think so little of the other half of the human race that they have no qualms about the females they degrade, pay for, barter for -and sell into sexual slavery.

If life is all about "he who has the most orgasms, gets to win", then this topic doesn't even make sense to some people on this thread, does it? But I'm not among those who think life is just a meaningless event and therefore whatever some whore asks in exchange for a blowjob is the equivalent of the Holy Eucharist.

You liberal nutjobs ever stop to think that if life is really a random and meaningless event -how horribly and inexplicably ironic it is that the highest form of life in the known universe has spent its entire existence trying to discover the meaning of life?

I'm a Liberal nutjob???? ROTFLMFAO......

You're the one talking about how "Society" benefits......as a "Whole".....by not allowing some people to excercise their liberties.

Spoken like a true communist.

Its not our jobs to determine what is right or wrong for anyone to do (if they arent violating someones rights) in respect to the common good.....the Constitution say's nothing about that.

Prostitution by consenting adults in no way violates the Constitution......regardless of how I personally feel about it. The sad thing about Democracy is that if 51% of people dont want the other 49% to have a right to do something....they are subject to that rule.

With your logic....if enough people thought piercings or tattoos on individuals were a detriment to society somehow , their right to do so could theoretically be taken away by majority rule.

P.S. - Try not to confuse Liberal with Liberty.....the difference is there is no Agenda for me.....

Last edited:
Why is this practice , which is older than time itself , Illegal in almost every State in this country???

Who's "Rights" are being violated if two consenting adults engage in sex , and one is paid for the service??

Who said anyone's rights were violated? When did that become the only allowable standard for making something illegal?

If you want to know why you can't pay for some nookie instead of having to get by on your looks and charm, I suggest you ask your local government what their reasoning was. I'd suspect every place's story is a bit different.

I think its illegal because of a combo of a few things:
(1) And foremost, RELIGION! Religion is all about the family, against sex out of wedlock and sex for procreation rather than for pleasure. I think the reason countries like America make it illegal is primarily on religious grounds regardless of what they say about preventing disease.

Well, thank you, Billy Graham. Never mind that whole God thing. Religion is REALLY about regulating sex. Guess they threw that whole supernatural bit in there just for kicks. :cuckoo:

(2) AIDS and other STDs: Although I think I can make a good argument that legalization would reduce the spread. The come thinking is that if you prevent prostitution, then the spread will decrease. I think its flawed logic, but too bad too many politicians don't think so.

Or the voters they answer to.

(3) Exploitation of women: People see prostitution as exploiting women. To some extend its true, but I think women in illegal prostitution are more prone to be exploited than in legal prostitution.

Know a lot of hookers, do you?

How many prostitutes have you known, Luissa? Most of them started out by being forced. They almost always have sexual abuse committed against them when they were very young, which warps their judgment and their egos. Only a tiny percentage willingly and happily stepped into that condition.

Besides which, in purchasing the services of a prostitute, you are renting a human body, to do whatever you want to it. And that is slavery. Prostitutes (in the US) are generally drug addicts for one of two reasons...they became addicted and then fell into prostitution as a way to pay for their habit...or they started using drugs to make prostitution more palatable.

In addition, prostitution lends itself to slavery in the most traditional way....men and woman control groups of women, rent or sell them, and make money of the proceeds. I have worked with a woman whose earliest memories are of her mother holding her down when she was about 3 years old while a man had sex with her. In return, her mother received money and drugs. At the age of 9 she was sold by her mother to an old man, and lived with him, completely hid from the world, for the next 7 years, until the man ended up in the hospital, and the hospital staff upon his death asked her who she was.

She had no identity, had never been to school, had no social security card. She had never been to a doctor, and at 16 all her teeth were gone. They had to conduct a long drawn out investigation to even figure out what her name was.

This was in the US, and it's not uncommon. We have slaves smuggled across our borders all the time, and forced into prostitution in this country. They're throw away people. They use them to smuggle drugs in (children who are smuggled across with bags of dope in their guts. YOUNG children.) then sell them into prostitution until they die or are killed.

We should never, ever support trafficking in human misery and death, and that's what prostitution is. Whether it's legal or illegal.
Their lifestyle might have forced them to choose prostitution but I would have to say a majority chose it to pay for their drug fix.

And I wonder how they ended up so addicted to drugs that they felt the need to sell their bodies for them.

And giving the fact I used to see at least five a day, I would say I know a few.

I've seen the Ice Capades, but I don't think that means I actually KNOW Brian Boitano.

We have a mile stretch here on sprague avenue where they work and I worked at the Kmart that was at the end of their mile for four years. The serial killer we had killing prostitutes would tie Kmart bags around their head and used to come through my line.

So what? You saw some on the street, and that makes you an expert on their lives? I saw the tiger at the zoo, but I don't think that makes me a veterinarian.

And as for them being molested as a child, what women hasn't been!

What the Hell is THAT supposed to mean?

If you have regulations which you can when it is legal, it would for one cut down on the women being taken advantage of or killed. Being illegal is obviously not doing anything for problem now. Go to Vegas, they don't have to face the problems the prostitutes in other parts of the country have to face because they have to do it illegally!

Oh, yeah, because legalizing prostitution is somehow going to make it harder for serial killers to find them and whack them. And Vegas hookers are living life on easy street, I'm sure. :cuckoo:

Our body is sacred. Moreover, the constitution protects human dignity. If we engage in paid sex then what is left of us? It's not like other legal services where we could just engage on it. Our body is not a commodity.

Of course our body is a commodity. I'm being paid right now to be here and talk on the phone. The people I'm talking to have financial issues and I try to help them solve their problems. What would be the big difference if it was guys that wanted to get off and I talked to them to help them solve that problem? I don't get how there's some magical line that says it's ok to sell yourself to do this but not that. Anyone that trades their time/skill for money is whoring themselves out.

Sorry, but being paid to go to work and talk on the phone is not your body being a commodity. You're selling your time and conversation, and possibly thought. As for paid phone sex, that already is legal, because again, that's not your body being a commodity. And no, selling your work effort is not "whoring yourself out". Little weak on the concept, obviously.

You don't get how there's a line between acceptable and unacceptable? So you think if anything is acceptable legal behavior, then everything should be, because all lines are just arbitrary?

I feel kind of sorry for you that you value yourself and physical intimacy so little that you really think allowing another human being inside your body is equivalent to telemarketing or credit counseling or whatever your job title is.

F' if I know. If I could have become a stripper at 16 I would have done it. What would have been the problem? Is my body mine, or not?

Prostitution spreads disease. these young and/or older women and in some cases men could easliy be taken advantage of. something like a womens body or mens body being put up for sale to be fucked is so vile.

If we legalize we can force the johns to wear condoms thus lowering the spread of disease.

Condoms have got what, an 89% effectiveness rate? And how are you going to "force" them all to wear condoms? Are you going to station a Sex Police officer next to every bed to check?

Prostitution spreads disease. these young and/or older women and in some cases men could easliy be taken advantage of. something like a womens body or mens body being put up for sale to be fucked is so vile.

If we legalize we can force the johns to wear condoms thus lowering the spread of disease.

Condoms have got what, an 89% effectiveness rate? And how are you going to "force" them all to wear condoms? Are you going to station a Sex Police officer next to every bed to check?

Whats the difference......we already have sex police bringing in hookers all the time.

The last time I cheked, number of STDs in the USA per population was higher than in Germany, I do not think that illegalising prostitution does a lot to stop the spread of STDs.

Correlation does not equal causation. In other words, please prove a definitive link between legalized prostitution and your country's STD rates, rather than simply assuming that one must be the cause of the other.

Whats the difference......we already have sex police bringing in hookers all the time.

Well, one difference is that it would require a hell of a lot more Sex Police.

And if you can't defend the dumb shit suggestion, just don't post. Don't waste my time with "It doesn't matter." It already doesn't matter to me, because prostitution is going to remain illegal, and some of us are going to be able to get laid and some of us are going to be out of luck.

We make it law, we make it law to pay taxes thus you can say the government is forcing you to pay taxes, of course no government agent is going to stand by you making sure you file taxes. However should the government find out you didn't pay taxes you'll face the unholy wrath of the IRS.

Same thing applies (just replace IRS with something more relevant).

Last edited:

no one's rights are being violated. It should, therefore, be legal.

It already doesn't matter to me, because prostitution is going to remain illegal, and some of us are going to be able to get laid and some of us are going to be out of luck.

Wow a psychic, please do tell me what the future holds. How's the crime rate, are they still making James Bond movies, are there flying cars and has 4chan collapsed on itself yet?

Seriously though why bother posting here if you don't care? If you're bored I can recommend other places to go to.

And do you think prostitution should be illegal or not? All you've done is try to refute points and not bring up anything new.

If you have regulations which you can when it is legal, it would for one cut down on the women being taken advantage of or killed. Being illegal is obviously not doing anything for problem now. Go to Vegas, they don't have to face the problems the prostitutes in other parts of the country have to face because they have to do it illegally!

Oh, yeah, because legalizing prostitution is somehow going to make it harder for serial killers to find them and whack them. And Vegas hookers are living life on easy street, I'm sure. :cuckoo:

Have you seen some of the Nevada brothels? Some of them have gates, cameras, security guards and everything. An illegal brothel can't have all that because it needs to be low-profile.

Well, one difference is that it would require a hell of a lot more Sex Police.

And if you can't defend the dumb shit suggestion, just don't post. Don't waste my time with "It doesn't matter." It already doesn't matter to me, because prostitution is going to remain illegal, and some of us are going to be able to get laid and some of us are going to be out of luck.

Wow.....little touchy tonight???....jesus.

Really....what difference does it make?? How many fucking things do you people want to keep or make illegal that are truly not harming anyone?? Huh??

The more laws you keep in place due to majority rule....the less power we have as a people. People are going to do what they want...and that is it.....regardless of laws put in place to regulate us. How many police officers do you want to PAY to patrole around regulating a fucking buisiness that is older than time?? Huh? How many police officers do you want pulling people over and performing illegal searches on vehicles cuzz they "Swore they smelled weed"??? Why do I have to be subjected to a fucking DUI checkpoint when I've drank nothing but water for the night???

Get real....this law is BS...just like 98% of them out there.

It has nothing to do with me wanting to get laid either. Never have I paid for sex. I think it is disgusting.....but how I feel about it doesnt matter.

Last edited:

We make it law, we make it law to pay taxes thus you can say the government is forcing you to pay taxes, of course no government agent is going to stand by you making sure you file taxes. However should the government find out you didn't pay taxes you'll face the unholy wrath of the IRS.

Same thing applies (just replace IRS with something more relevant).

We make it a law? You mean the way we made it a law that you couldn't sell sex? But this whole thing is about people ignoring the law, thus the need to just legalize it. They didn't obey the no prostitution law, but they're going to obey the wear a condom one? And if your attitude is, "We pass a law, and then some people will just ignore it", that's not going to do much to curb disease, is it?

Forum List

Back