Why is Prostitution Illegal???

and we might just find that at least people in the old world knew when they were enslaved Diuretic.....

The word slavery is so misused in the US now. Really ... what's next ... Breathing Slavery ... Food Slavery ... Sleep Slavery ...

KittenKoder The word slavery is so misused in the US now. Really ... what's next ... Breathing Slavery ... Food Slavery ... Sleep Slavery ...

so does the word 'whore' or 'prostitute' Kitten....

dick-cheney.jpg

Many of our labels are misused in the US. The time it's a problem is when they are misused for political agenda, then it becomes dishonesty.

You know.....I've been to quite a few places where prostitution was legal. Spain, Italy, Turkey, just to name a few......

Interestingly enough, the places where it was legal, they had health cards you could ask to see, and they weren't exactly slaves either. In Catania Sicily, they have a place that is around 4 or 5 blocks in area, and it is nothing but buildings where women rent out the rooms. At around 4 or 5 in the afternoon, you see women coming to the area, with duffel bags, and dressed like the person down the street. They walk into their place, and 30 min later, they are sitting out front wearing sexy gowns and open for business. It stays like that until around 1:00 am, and then, they go back in, change back into regular clothes, and then go home for the night.

Oh yeah.......the police do foot patrols through the area......

Is there anything wrong with prostitution? No. It is the attitude that was started in this country with the Puritans.

Should it be legal? Yep.
BS....was the EXPERIANCE memorable?.....:lol:

Actually, yeah......it was.

Best experience came from Alicante Spain. Look for the clubs that have "dance" over their door.

Went into a really nice one once. Paid the equivalent of around 25 bucks, and watched a burlesque show (with a REALLY nice fan dancer), as well as had a really nice woman share a drink with me just before she banged my brains out.

Nice place, actually.

Ya know.......I've always found it a good thing to know what the words that people are throwing around mean.......

pros⋅ti⋅tute
   /ˈprɒstɪˌtut, -ˌtyut/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [pros-ti-toot, -tyoot] Show IPA noun, verb, -tut⋅ed, -tut⋅ing.
–noun
1. a woman who engages in sexual intercourse for money; whore; harlot.
2. a man who engages in sexual acts for money.
3. a person who willingly uses his or her talent or ability in a base and unworthy way, usually for money.
–verb (used with object)
4. to sell or offer (oneself) as a prostitute.
5. to put to any base or unworthy use: to prostitute one's talents.
Origin:
1520–30; < L pr&#333;stit&#363;ta, n. use of fem. of pr&#333;stit&#363;tus, ptp. of pr&#333;stituere to expose (for sale), equiv. to pr&#333;- pro- 1 + -stit&#363;-, comb. form of var. s. of statuere to cause to stand + -tus ptp. suffix; see status

Related forms:
pros&#8901;ti&#8901;tu&#8901;tor, noun

Synonyms:
1. call girl, streetwalker, courtesan; trollop, strumpet.

And.......

whore - 9 dictionary results
Sponsored Links Dirty Girls in your Area
Connect with 2,498 Bad Girls in your Area. Easy & Free to Join!
Singlesnet.com
whore
&#8194; &#8194;/h&#596;r, ho&#650;r or, often, h&#650;&#601;r/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hawr, hohr or, often, hoor] Show IPA noun, verb, whored, whor&#8901;ing.
–noun
1. a woman who engages in promiscuous sexual intercourse, usually for money; prostitute; harlot; strumpet.
–verb (used without object)
2. to act as a whore.
3. to consort with whores.
–verb (used with object)
4. Obsolete. to make a whore of; corrupt; debauch.
Origin:
bef. 1100; ME, OE h&#333;re; c. G Hure, ON h&#333;ra; akin to Goth hors harlot, L c&#257;rus dear
who're
&#8194; &#8194;/&#712;hu&#601;r/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hoo-er] Show IPA
contraction of who are: Who're the people at the next table?
Usage note:
See contraction.

Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.
Cite This Source
whore (hôr, h&#333;r) Pronunciation Key
n.

1. A prostitute.
2. A person considered sexually promiscuous.
3. A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.

intr.v. whored, whor·ing, whores

1. To associate or have sexual relations with prostitutes or a prostitute.
2. To accept payment in exchange for sexual relations.
3. To compromise one's principles for personal gain.

[Middle English hore, from Old English h&#333;re; see k&#257;- in Indo-European roots.]

Word History: Derivatives of Indo-European roots have often acquired starkly contrasting meanings. A prime example is the case of the root *k&#257;-, "to like, desire." From it was derived a stem *k&#257;ro-, from which came the prehistoric Common Germanic word *h&#333;raz with the underlying meaning "one who desires" and the effective meaning "adulterer." The feminine of this, *h&#333;r&#333;n-, became h&#333;re in Old English, the ancestor of Modern English whore. In another branch of the Indo-European family, the same stem *k&#257;ro- produced the Latin word c&#257;rus, "dear." This word has several derivatives borrowed into English, including caress, cherish, and charity, in Christian doctrine the highest form of love and the greatest of the theological virtues. · Another derivative of the root *k&#257;- in Indo-European was *k&#257;mo-, a descendant of which is the Sanskrit word for "love," k&#257;ma&#7717;, appearing in the name of the most famous treatise on love and lovemaking, the Kamasutra.

Now that you know the definitions of the word, think about this.......

People in DC are whores and prostitutes.

People who work for a living are whores and prostitutes.

The only question is, what kind of things do you whore yourself out for?

Me? Sex, money, pot and booze.

In today's world, I am surprised it costs money to have sex or good sex?

:confused: Sorry, don't get that.

Well, it appears to me, that sex is a dime a dozen now, if a guy wants it, he can get it, whether in person with someone he knows, someone he doesn't know that he picks up in a bar, or with someone he picks up on the net and goes the cyber route...it doesn't appear to be too hard of a venture, compared to the days when I grew up...

And perhaps it is not this younger group or single group of people that are these frequent users of prostitutes (but infrequent ones if at all) because their generation seems to be experiencing what is called a "free sex" generation.

And the people really using the Prostitutes for sex, is really a trade that services Married men....

And this is what the government does not want to promote, because of the risk of passing on aids or vd to their innocent of the act, pregnant, spouse or child to be.

I realize legalizing might seem like it would solve all, but it won't...there will still be streetwalkers that don't make it in to the hall of fame brothel, due to their drug use or not wanting to go public, like girls paying their way through college by it, on the QT.

just some thoughts...

No stigma should be attached to sex workers........

After all.....Yeshua consorted with whores.

ummm, if memory serves, at least in the case of the adulteress whore, he told her that her sins were forgiven, NOW SIN NO MORE..... ;)

And with the woman that shed her tears and washed His feet with them...was a repentent woman as well...

yes, Jesus came here for sinners, not for the righteous....so, of course he hung out with them!!! :D

Just to add to the discussion from what I hear all the states that have it banned, did it before birth control was mainstream.

Well, as a German (Prostitution in Germany is not only legal, no, our Prostitutes have something approaching a trade Union), legalizing prostitution (Beeing a Pimp is forbidden though, the rationale beeing that most prostituion related crime did not come from prostitutes or their customers but from the "pimps", also, pimps should be redundant if prostitution is legal) did not lead to a more amok runs, receiving gods judgement or an incredible moral degeneration.

From what I head about the subject in the US, I am inclined to believe that it is a bit cheaper in Germany.

You know.....I kinda wish that they would do that here in the US. Would cut down on a lot of crime, as well as give the government something else to generate revenue, as well as allows those that are willing (dudes as well as dudettes, gotta be equal here), to earn an honest living, why the fuck not?

Besides........in the places where it's legal, the brothels are MUCH nicer!

Forum List

Back