Why is 'pro-terrorist' considered a democratic position?

Then when Bill attempted to protect the American people, the Retards refused to let his legislation pass, refused to take Bills investigations seriously, & are responsible for 911.

You'll need to be more specific than that.

Exactly what legislation?

When, who, and how did anyone not take his investigations seriously?

Another point, I notice the Retards are no longer interested in "saving face" anymore, but want desperately to get out of the ME? Sounds like they are supporting terrorists to ME, and wanting to embolden the enemy. You know in your heart we must stay there and continue the two US troop KIAs a day, or we are going to be called chicken for running off like the Russians did in defeat.

Who is advocating cutting and running from Afghanistan or Iraq?

PS: Do me a small favor and please don't use that disgusting word for mentally handicapped people. I work with handicapped people and it's not very becoming for a Liberal to be so intolerant by it's usage.

Last edited:
Then when Bill attempted to protect the American people, the Retards refused to let his legislation pass, refused to take Bills investigations seriously, & are responsible for 911.

You'll need to be more specific than that.

Exactly what legislation?

When, who, and how did anyone not take his investigations seriously?

Another point, I notice the Retards are no longer interested in "saving face" anymore, but want desperately to get out of the ME? Sounds like they are supporting terrorists to ME, and wanting to embolden the enemy. You know in your heart we must stay there and continue the two US troop KIAs a day, or we are going to be called chicken for running off like the Russians did in defeat.

Who is advocating cutting and running from Afghanistan or Iraq?

PS: Do me a small favor and please don't use that disgusting word for mentally handicapped people. I work with handicapped people and it's not very becoming for a Liberal to be so intolerant by it's usage.

While I agree with you and do not use that word, I have two things to say about your post. 1) Good luck with that and 2) you have probably just encouraged an influx of the usage of that word... don't say, I did not warn you.

Immie

I post troll bait and it morphs into a sincere and interesting discussion.

I can't decide if that makes it an epic win or an epic fail. :eusa_think:

failwin.jpg

While I agree with you and do not use that word, I have two things to say about your post. 1) Good luck with that and 2) you have probably just encouraged an influx of the usage of that word... don't say, I did not warn you.

Immie

Thank you :clap2: ....and I already considered that.

However, the usage of it only reflects very poorly upon the person using it.

Immie

Agreed, but trust me, most don't consider that when they use it.

Immie

Immie

Agreed, but trust me, most don't consider that when they use it.

Immie

Oh well, I've never been one to shy away from standing alone for something I know is right.

I don't think in a civilized society there is ever a case where terrorism is excusable.

So when I hear "progressives" making excuses for it (usually blaming American policies) I tend to think they just might be a tad soft on the whole idea.....maybe that's just me, eh?

Or when you get news of another terror attack, the Liberals (the MSM) always warn us not to jump to conclusions....despite the hypocrisy that they jump to conclusions whenever they think they just might be able to pin it on a right-leaning culprit (ie: Arizona shootings).

Right now the Germans are calling the attack on our Airmen a terror attack, but he Administration is being slow to just come out and say the obvious.

Heck, they don't even want to call them terror attacks anymore!!!

And you don't work for the State Department, where every word uttered by the United States has the possibility of putting us in even greater jeopardy.

So saying they are "man-made disasters" instead of terror attacks somehow lessens it?

I seriously doubt that ANYTHING we label them would make one iota of difference to the actual terrorists.

Maybe so, but I think the more we trivialize organizations like al Qaeda by not making them heroes in the eyes of new or potential recruits is a wiser approach.

This isn't the first political message board I've been a member of.

Ward Churchill and Jeremiah Wright are only two public examples that I can actually show a link to.

But the fact is that I heard (or read) "progressives", just normal everyday people, excuse acts of terror usually by blaming America in some fashion.

They also vehemently attacked Bush for measures he took to keep us safe....everyone knows that.

Indeed when the US invaded Iraq, there were plenty of people who saw that event as being a recruitment tool to be used by al Qaeda, and we were correct. That wasn't "supporting" terrorists, but it was not "supporting" the US strategy against terrorism either.

You also I'm sure realize that Al Qaeda attacked us first while Bill Clinton was in office.

The 911 Commission later agreed that his approach to dealing with terrorism was weak. The wall that his administration erected between the CIA, NSA, and FBI actually caused our intelligence agencies not to share information that may well have prevented 911.....remember "connecting the dots"? Treating terrorism as a law enforcement issue only was also very lame. We also now know that his administration called-off air strikes that would have killed Bin Laden. The Clinton years saw our intelligence agencies gutted of "on the ground" intelligence because he didn't like the fact that sometimes you have to deal with unsavory characters to glean intelligence.

These are things that make one wonder about how serious Liberals are about combating terror.

You obviously want to rehash that whole thing. Sorry, I pass, except the say that the 911 Commission also had plenty to criticize the Bush administration in its handling of the warnings.

The Obama Administration can't even use the "t-word" when someone shouts "Allah Akbar" Nuff said?

It means God is Great in Arabic. :confused: So now everyone who speaks some version of Arabic is a terrorist? That's surprising coming from you, Chanel, one of those on the right with more common sense than some of the others.

Why is 'pro-terrorist' considered a democratic position?

It's not. It is merely a way for Republicans to mask their many failures:

Letting Bin Laden go
Bringing down the world economy with their failed policies
Turning Iraq into a hard core right wing Fundamentalist Islamic Theocracy
Destroying America's credibility with the rest of the world
Terrorizing Americans with fear and lies

In fact, considering what they have done to this country, to an outside observer, they would appear to be on the side of the terrorists. Republican's damages has far more reaching effects and will take many years to recover from. Worse, if the Republican base were honest, they would take a step back and take a good, long and hard look at what their leadership has done.

Watch the name calling come pouring in. But the denials backed by hard evidence, not so much. They know what they've done. But these people can't let go of their fantasies if their views on education and science are any example.

Terrorists are for the subjugation of women and the fusion of church and state. That is more like the other party

The Obama Administration can't even use the "t-word" when someone shouts "Allah Akbar" Nuff said?

It means God is Great in Arabic. :confused: So now everyone who speaks some version of Arabic is a terrorist? That's surprising coming from you, Chanel, one of those on the right with more common sense than some of the others.

No Maggie. Speaking Arabic is not terrorism. Speaking Arabic while committing an obvious act of terrorism is. I was referring to Major Hassan who shouted "Allah Akbar" as he massacred a group of innocent people. President Obama asked us not to "jump to conclusions", remember?

Pro Terrorist is a Dem position because theLibTuRDS are delusional.

The overwhelming majority of Dems who are LibTURDS are under the delusional impression that if they indicate their affection for Terrorists these Muslim Swine will return their affection.

LibTURDS are delusional idiots.

That's the way it is. That is the way these idiots think.

It's democrats that want terrorist trials in normal court rooms in New York City rather than military tribunals one be one reason, imo.....

It's democrats that want terrorist trials in normal court rooms in New York City rather than military tribunals one be one reason, imo.....

lol i love this flipped talking point....

Yeah. Thats an argumentFAIL, con talking-point. Out of the ENTIRE THREE cases tried:

Trial by military commission of the Guantanamo detainees
Three cases had been commenced in the new system, as of June 13, 2007. One detainee, David Matthew Hicks plea bargained and was sent to Australia to serve a nine-month sentence.[6] Two cases were dismissed without prejudice because the tribunal believed that the men charged had not been properly determined to be persons within the commission's jurisdiction on June 4, 2007, and the military prosecutors asked the commission to reconsider that decision on June 8, 2007.[7] One of the dismissed cases involved Omar Ahmed Khadr, who was captured at age 15 in Afghanistan after having allegedly killed a U.S. soldier with a grenade. The other dismissed case involved Salim Ahmed Hamdan who is alleged to have been Osama bin Laden's driver and is the lead plaintiff in a key series of cases challenging the military commission system. The system is in limbo until the jurisdictional issues addressed in the early cases are resolved.

This was debunked last year as a straw man. Its a way for conservatives to sound like tough military- types when, in fact, few opf them are:

# Mitch McConnell, the current Republican leader in the U.S. Senate: did not serve.
# Bill Frist,, the former Republican leader in the U.S. Senate: did not serve.
# Trent Lott, the former Republican leader in the U.S. Senate: avoided the draft, did not serve.
# Saxby Chambliss: did not serve. "Bad knee" He defeated tripelegic Democratic war hero Max Cleland by questioning his patriotism!
* Don Nickles: did not serve.
* Rick Santorum: did not serve.
* John Ashcroft: did not serve. Seven deferments, to teach business.
* Richard Shelby: did not serve.
# Phil Gramm: did not serve.
# Spencer Abraham: did not serve.
# Jon Kyl: did not serve.
# John Engler: did not serve.
# William Cohen (who became Sec. of Defense for Clinton): did not serve.
# Newt Gingrich – sought graduate school deferment, (too smart to die).
# Majority Leader Dick Armey – avoided the draft, did not serve.
# Majority Leader Tom Delay – avoided the draft, did not serve.
# Majority Leader John A. Boehner – did not serve.
# Jack Kemp: did not serve. "Knee problem," although continued in NFL for 8 years.
* G.O.P. Leader Roy Blunt: did not serve.
* Bob Ney: did not serve.
* David Dreier: did not serve.
* Tim Hutchison: did not serve.
* Christopher Cox: did not serve.
* Dana Rohrabacher: did not serve.
* John M. McHugh: did not serve.
# JC Watts: did not serve.
# Vin Weber: did not serve.
# Bob Barr: did not serve.
# Mark Souder: did not serve.
# Walter Jones: did not serve.
# Katherine Harris: did not serve. .
# Mitt Romney, former governor of Massachusetts, and since presidential candidate: did not serve.
# Arnold Schwarzenegger: AWOL from Austrian army base.
# Marc F. Racicot, former Montana governor and attorney general, Bush reelection chairman and former head of the Republican National Committee
# Don Rumsfeld: served in Navy (1954-57) as flight instructor.
# Kenneth Starr : sought deferment (for psoriasis).
# Bill Bennett : sought graduate school deferment, (too smart to die).
# Ted Olson, (Starr's assistant, and since Solictor General)

Neocons:

* Karl Rove: did not serve.
* Paul Wolfowitz: did not serve.
* Richard Perle: did not serve.
* Douglas Feith: did not serve.
* Eliot Abrams: did not serve.
* Ari Fleischer: did not serve.
* Andrew Card: did not serve.
* Ken Adelman: did not serve.
# Wayne LaPierre did not serve.
# Don Evans: did not serve.
# Michael Ledeen: did not serve.
# Frank J. Gaffney, Jr. did not serve.
# John Bolton: did not serve.
# Rudy Giuliani: did not serve.
# George Pataki: did not serve.

* John G. Roberts, Jr.: did not serve.
* Samuel Alito: did not serve.
# Antonin Scalia: did not serve.
# Clarence Thomas: did not serve.

The LIBERAL John Paul Stevens is the only current justice who DID serve full time, (in the Navy during the 3 worst years of WW II), while the moderate Anthony Kennedy was a member of the California Army National Guard for a year (1961).

# Rush Limbaugh – sought deferment (because of a cyst on his tail end).
# (Rush's conservative brother) David Limbaugh: did not serve.
# George Will – sought graduate school deferment, (too smart to die).
# Pat Buchanan – sought deferment (for bad knee).
# Pat Robertson – his US Senator father got him out of Korea as soon as the shooting began.
# John Wayne obtained deferments (but to his credit, it was for good, not superficial, reasons.
* Sean Hannity: did not serve.
* Bill O'Reilly: did not serve.
* Matt Drudge: did not serve.
* Steve Forbes: did not serve.
* Tony Snow: did not serve.
* Michael "Savage" Weiner: did not serve.
* Brit Hume: did not serve.
* Roger Ailes: did not serve.
* Chris Matthews: did not serve.
* Neil Boortz : did not serve.
* : did not serve.
# Paul Gigot: did not serve.
# Bill Kristol: did not serve.
# Ralph Reed: did not serve.
# Michael Medved: did not serve.
# Charlie Daniels: did not serve.
# Anne Coulter: did not serve.
# Jerry Falwell: did not serve.