Why is polygamy wrong?

Dude, exceptions don't negate the rules. Pussyfoot all day long around it if you like -the bible is a device designed to rul4e, and in the main, by fear. You have no idea how powerful that is, and has been over the ages.

But I don't think you really care about truth. You just want to make yourself look superior by pointing out by alleged stereotyping, like you're playing some kind of "gotcha".

(Excuse me while I vomit)

Get a life dude, and get real with Xianity as a fear base control grid, sugar-coasted with talk of love.

Let’s face it. christianity is a slave religion. it teacher to fear a master, yet perversely tells you to love said master. the babe is old school Orwellian doublespeak.

Sure some people, who call themselves Christian, have a relationship with Jesus that seems to circumvent all scripture, which is fine...thee ones I know just consider the book to be series about people trying to understand WTF is going on? Dude, exceptions don't negate the rules. Pussyfot all day long around it if you like -thebible is a device desigened to rul4e , and in the main, by fear. You have no idea how powerful that is, and has been over the ages.

But I don't think you really care about truth . you just want to make yourself look superior by pointing ount by alleged sterotypig, like you're playing some kind of "gotcha"..

(excuse me while i vomit)

get a life dude, and get real with Xianity as a fear base control grid, sugar-coasted with talk of love.

let's face it. christianity is a slave religion. it teacher to fear a master, yet perversely tells you to love said master. the bibe is old school orwellian doublespeak.

sureso some people, who call themselves christian, have a relaionship with Jesus that seems to circumvent all scripture, which is fine...thee ones i know just consideer the book to be sories about peole tryng to understnad WTF is going on?

Repeating yourself now I see.

The New Testament is not about a vengeful God at all. Now you want to talk FEAR, check out the Jewish God and the Muslim God. ( which is really just different versions of the Christian God.)

Over dinner tonight the question came up why is polygamy wrong, why does the state interfere? Why do we consider it taboo? As a liberal I have a hard time with the state telling me how to live my life. I can understand taxes or laws that prevent harm but polygamy? Thoughts?

Of itself there's probably nothing wrong with it, but it will be considered to be inappropriate in western industrialised societies simply because it's not necessary.

Of itself there's probably nothing wrong with it, but it will be considered to be inappropriate in western industrialised societies simply because it's not necessary.

There are lots of Unnecessary things in Western Society. Polygamy is frowned on because of the Christian religion.. However since the State is involved in Marriage because of property and such, polygamy would be a can of worms to code into law.

What happens if there are 2 husbands and 4 wives in a polygamy marriage with each other and one of the parties decides to leave? Who gets the kids? Who gets what assets? Who gets what money every month paid to them for the split? A CAN of worms indeed.

And yet Texas has not made a single case yet. I wonder why that is? After spending all that money, illegally imprisoning adult females as children and illegally seizing 450 kids ( 30 of which were not even kids at all). They so botched what might have been a case involving several teenage girls they have no legal standing anymore on any of the cases.

Because Texas is fucking nuts, I expect.

Texans are welcome to their concept of families values, of course.

There are lots of Unnecessary things in Western Society. Polygamy is frowned on because of the Christian religion.. However since the State is involved in Marriage because of property and such, polygamy would be a can of worms to code into law.

What happens if there are 2 husbands and 4 wives in a polygamy marriage with each other and one of the parties decides to leave? Who gets the kids? Who gets what assets? Who gets what money every month paid to them for the split? A CAN of worms indeed.

I a suppose in those jurisdictions where it's legal there would be some info.

Anyway, as I said, it's not necessary in western socities so it's probably moot.

sorry- poor late nighe editing job. but i believe the salient points are still discernible.

Ya, NT has stuff about 'you'll be punished' as well. And besides....most NT's I see are still hooked to that OT.

Hey- if God of the Bible is what you believe in, you SHOULD be afraid. He's a BAAAD motherfucker.

"
The New Testament is not about a vengeful God at all. Now you want to talk FEAR, check out the Jewish God and the Muslim God. ( which is really just different versions of the Christian God.)"

LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL

Same God, dude.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Does someone pay you to post here, just to have easy targets?

Gotta be. Nobody could really be that ridiculous.

Thank you. Too bad we aren't welcome to ban abortion. oh ya--it's that double standard thingy again.

I object to the Federal government deciding that issue to be frank.

I object to it for the same reason I object to the Feds busting medical marijuana clinic in California.

"
The New Testament is not about a vengeful God at all. Now you want to talk FEAR, check out the Jewish God and the Muslim God. ( which is really just different versions of the Christian God.)"

LOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL

Same God, dude.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Does someone pay you to post here, just to have easy targets?

Gotta be. Nobody could really be that ridiculous.

You should get paid by comedy Central for most of your posts.

sorry, what?

i was still laughing over that "different gods" thing.

somebody should tell all the Jews, Christians and Muslims that you figured out what they didn't.

great stuff man, great stuff:cuckoo:

sorry, what?

i was still laughing over that "different gods" thing.

somebody should tell all the Jews, Christians and Muslims that you figured out what they didn't.

great stuff man, great stuff:cuckoo:

Are you really that retarded? Tell a Muslim that Allah is really the Jewish God and see what happens.

Of course we know the three religions all use parts of the same religious material and in fact are viewing the same God in different ways, but I do not suggest you explain that to a Muslim.

Nor will faithful Jewish people accept that the God in the New Testament is their God as that would require they accept that Jesus was his son.

You are a dumb shit.

Are you really that retarded? Tell a Muslim that Allah is really the Jewish God and see what happens.

Of course we know the three religions all use parts of the same religious material and in fact are viewing the same God in different ways, but I do not suggest you explain that to a Muslim.

Nor will faithful Jewish people accept that the God in the New Testament is their God as that would require they accept that Jesus was his son.

You are a dumb shit.

Jews will agree that the God is the same God, just that Jesus, was not the messiah.

Duh.

And I have friends who are muslim. We talk about this. IT's also clear as day in the Koran....SAME GOD.

Trust me. You're FOS.

The state shouldn't interfere with polygamy so long as the marriages are not state marriates. It's only illegal if a person is doing it under false pretenses; i.e., marrying one woman in one state while still having a wife in another. But it's none of the state's business if a man has 15 wives, provided he isn't marrying them under false pretenses.

I think it's wrong per the NT because it breeds discontent in families. I think it was acceptable in the OT because the population warranted it, and to have a strong tribe you needed lots of kids. Also it developed bonds with other factions.

And Christians should be afraid of God, anyone in their right mind would be if they grasped how powerful and righteous he is, but they should also love him. Because although we're disgusting vile creatures, he still loves us and has always loved us, and has provided wonderful things for us, and will provide yet more wonders before all is said and done.

Last edited:
The Old Testament was to show us how shitty we really are....

We have affairs, commit adultery, have the Adultress's husband killed cuz she is having your baby, kill brothers, are not thy brother's keeper, Steal....kidnap, have babies with the maid because your wife can't have one, and all kinds of crapola in the old testament....that would never be tolerated in today's westernized societies....

God just points this out to us....how imperfect we are by nature.....and he repremands, but no matter what, somehow we never repent to the degree necessary....in simple terms! lol

In the New Testament, we are given Hope....speaking from a professed Christian's perspective....there is a New Message...the Good News it was called, which showed us that the God of the Old Testament, wasn't as mean or strict as we thought He was....but is a Loving and forgiveful God, who sent only begotten Son....for saving us from ourselves or own self destruction....by giving us an example, in Himself only as His Son, of what it would be like to live a perfect life as a human too!

Thru Faith in Christ, we are saved from ourselves....

However, Faith, without "works" is dead..... meaning, this is not a free sin for all situation, and no matter what...you get the golden pass thru the Pearly Gates....

If you truely have Faith, then works and good deeds will follow...not sinfree though, no one is and this is what the old testament points out IMHO.

----------------------------------------------------

Regarding polygamy.....it is not a healthy relationship for most of the women participating. I say this, because they are not free to do as they please, and they are not considered EQUAL to men....

This type of living DOES NOT fit in to our country, the land of the free, where both men and women are equal.

In addition to this, making polygamy legal requires the tax payer to pay for ALL OF THE WIVES of one man's Social security check, even if none of them ever worked, they all would be eligible for all government programs that pertain to a spouse, only one guy have a kazillion of them...

There is nothing that stops anyone from HAVING a relationship with multiple partners, and if they want to call those partners wives, fine and dandy with me..... just don't take on that supposed wife before the legal age to do such and if this is an Elder in a church or a school teacher of theirs or anyone of "responsibility" in their community, and the age difference is greater than 10 years, you gotta wait till she's 18.... unless given legal permission in Texas law, as it stands now....

Personally, I think children reared to believe they should marry an elder man from their church at the age of 16, when he has several other wives already is bordering on child abuse and sexual slavery to these young girls....but heh, whatever!

care

On the other end of the spectrum are the families which raise their kids to think it's okay to have multiple partners while they're underage, and okay to have multiple kids with different fathers at a young age. Or who raise their kids to think it's okay to have sex with whomever, then get abortions.

On the other end of the spectrum are the families which raise their kids to think it's okay to have multiple partners while they're underage, and okay to have multiple kids with different fathers at a young age. Or who raise their kids to think it's okay to have sex with whomever, then get abortions.
Who are these people? I've never met anyone with those views.

That's because you've never been to an abortion clinic, or counseled underage girls who are pregnant, or worked in detention, or worked in treatment. There is a whole population of people who think it's perfectly normal for girls to get pregnant, drop out, and continue getting pregnant. I have clients who have 3-4 different fathers for their kids. None of whom pay child support. I have clients who started their families at the age of 13. I have clients where every girl in the family had her first baby before 16.

You've never met them because you're insulated from them in your world. Therefore you don't think they exist. They do.

Bigot.
Actually, it happens much more in the blue states, dear. Inner cities and all that. Where welfare moms are pimping out their daughters for drugs.

Forum List

Back