Why is polygamy wrong?

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Over dinner tonight the question came up why is polygamy wrong, why does the state interfere? Why do we consider it taboo? As a liberal I have a hard time with the state telling me how to live my life. I can understand taxes or laws that prevent harm but polygamy? Thoughts?

no need to. i was right the first time, ya racist.

besides...god of the bible is an asshole. that has nothing to do with the many fine people I know who tragically feel compelled to try to make his happy.

Try again. I was spot on the first time.

Now, God being a prick has nothing to do with all the poor souls who feel compelled to try to make him happy. I know plenny of nice Christian folks.

But the rules? God? Asshole.

And please- in a theology premised on eternal damnation for disobedience, don't try to disown the fear factor. It's disingenuous in the extreme.

You know that the definition of bigamy is having one wife too many?

Some of us think that's the definition of matrimony, too.

Polyamy?

Why does every polygamist sect seem, upon further investigation, to be nothing more than a pederast ring, run by men, to take advantage of young teen-age girls via mind control and high fencing?

I can't say why polygamy is wrong. But I can tell you that the polygamists always seem to be.

And why do they always seem to pretend that GOD told them fucking children and keeping their families/concubine imprisioned was okay?

That annoys me, too. Leave God out of your sordid perversions.

Theoretically, I can't see much of an argument against multiple marriange arrangements...between consenting adults.

This latest batch that made the news seem to be monsters who kept ~ and worse much worse ~ brainwashed children to be their sex slaves.

They are a threat to women and and affront to men.

Maybe that's why most people aren't real supportive of polygamists.

They're creeps.

Last edited:
Claiming Christians are afraid of God is bigoted. Thought you might catch the connection but--no luck.

It's not bigoted at all. "God Fearing" Christians, is quite a common term of endearment.

Plus, you ever read the Bible?

Nuff said.

It's not bigoted at all. "God Fearing" Christians, is quite a common term of endearment.

Plus, you ever read the Bible?

Nuff said.

"God fearing" Christian is simply one old cliched way of describing certain TYPES of Christians. Yes I've read the Bible. Term of endearment.:lol:

Ok. Be a baby if it makes you happy. But I enough about Christians to know fear of God is a HUGE part of their relationship to God. Once upon a time, I was even one of the leaders of the campus ministry at my University...led programs and everything.

I'm not insulting you to point out that very basic truth. You can't read the Bible as tell me God doesn't use intimidation and threat of force as primary means of gaining compliance from his flock.

You can play "poor sensitive me" if you want. or you can be honest.

Your choice.

Ok. Be a baby if it makes you happy. But I enough about Christians to know fear of God is a HUGE part of their relationship to God. Once upon a time, I was even one of the leaders of the campus ministry at my University...led programs and everything.

I'm not insulting you to point out that very basic truth. You can't read the Bible as tell me God doesn't use intimidation and threat of force as primary means of gaining compliance from his flock.

You can play "poor sensitive me" if you want. or you can be honest.

Your choice.

ahhhh a burned out Christian. Nuff said. There's hope if you can get through it but I know how hanging on to those resentments can be so comforting.

Actually, I never was a Christian. I just had a lot of respect for the Priest involved, and enjoyed the human aspects of what we did.

But let me get this straight...you are not a Christian, but you feel some need to be their champion, as if any real Christian would deny they have any fear of God?

Are you honestly going to tell me God of the Bible never threatened eternal damnation for those who can not follow his directions?

Or are you just one of those PC nitwits who feels a need to be everyone's champion, even when in this case, you are WAAAY off base?

Nah.

prolly just not very informed.

Actually, I never was a Christian. I just had a lot of respect for the Priest involved, and enjoyed the human aspects of what we did.

But let me get this straight...you are not a Christian, but you feel some need to be their champion, as if any real Christian would deny they have any fear of God?

Are you honestly going to tell me God of the Bible never threatened eternal damnation for those who can not follow his directions?

Or are you just one of those PC nitwits who feels a need to be everyone's champion, even when in this case, you are WAAAY off base?

Nah.

prolly just not very informed.
I've never been a Christian either but even I'm scared of the God in the Bible. :eek:

Last edited:
I've never been a Christian either but even I'm scared of the God in the Bible. :eek:

Hey lady!

Ya, the main character of that book is a serious psychopath. I don't understand how an honest person can read any of it, and not
You should hear the stories my ex used to tell about the fire and brimstone chrches she was raised in .... her parents did everything from burning books, to banishing images of owls and snakes in their home....this was hardcore, ridiculous paranoia. But I also saw a more urbane version in my classmates. At the end of the day, these kids enjoyed a healthy fear of being punished in the afterlife for things they might do wrong in this life. And my Catholic relatives can tell you story after story of fear being used in their educational process...

It's just a simple fact.

The Bible is a virus.

Last edited:
You know that the definition of bigamy is having one wife too many?

Some of us think that's the definition of matrimony, too.

Polyamy?

Why does every polygamist sect seem, upon further investigation, to be nothing more than a pederast ring, run by men, to take advantage of young teen-age girls via mind control and high fencing?

I can't say why polygamy is wrong. But I can tell you that the polygamists always seem to be.

And why do they always seem to pretend that GOD told them fucking children and keeping their families/concubine imprisioned was okay?

That annoys me, too. Leave God out of your sordid perversions.

Theoretically, I can't see much of an argument against multiple marriange arrangements...between consenting adults.

This latest batch that made the news seem to be monsters who kept ~ and worse much worse ~ brainwashed children to be their sex slaves.

They are a threat to women and and affront to men.

Maybe that's why most people aren't real supportive of polygamists.

They're creeps.

And yet Texas has not made a single case yet. I wonder why that is? After spending all that money, illegally imprisoning adult females as children and illegally seizing 450 kids ( 30 of which were not even kids at all). They so botched what might have been a case involving several teenage girls they have no legal standing anymore on any of the cases.

ahhhh a burned out Christian. Nuff said. There's hope if you can get through it but I know how hanging on to those resentments can be so comforting.

Kudos on the hypocracy...

attempt to stereotype much?

And is it delicious being so very, very incorrect?

(to me it is!!!!)

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Over dinner tonight the question came up why is polygamy wrong, why does the state interfere? Why do we consider it taboo? As a liberal I have a hard time with the state telling me how to live my life. I can understand taxes or laws that prevent harm but polygamy? Thoughts?

i think men or women should be able to have as many partners as they like.....

they stupid should be able to be happy...

Dude, exceptions don't negate the rules. Pussyfoot all day long around it if you like -the bible is a device designed to rul4e, and in the main, by fear. You have no idea how powerful that is, and has been over the ages.

But I don't think you really care about truth. You just want to make yourself look superior by pointing out by alleged stereotyping, like you're playing some kind of "gotcha".

(Excuse me while I vomit)

Get a life dude, and get real with Xianity as a fear base control grid, sugar-coasted with talk of love.

Let’s face it. christianity is a slave religion. it teacher to fear a master, yet perversely tells you to love said master. the babe is old school Orwellian doublespeak.

Sure some people, who call themselves Christian, have a relationship with Jesus that seems to circumvent all scripture, which is fine...thee ones I know just consider the book to be series about people trying to understand WTF is going on? Dude, exceptions don't negate the rules. Pussyfot all day long around it if you like -thebible is a device desigened to rul4e , and in the main, by fear. You have no idea how powerful that is, and has been over the ages.

But I don't think you really care about truth . you just want to make yourself look superior by pointing ount by alleged sterotypig, like you're playing some kind of "gotcha"..

(excuse me while i vomit)

get a life dude, and get real with Xianity as a fear base control grid, sugar-coasted with talk of love.

let's face it. christianity is a slave religion. it teacher to fear a master, yet perversely tells you to love said master. the bibe is old school orwellian doublespeak.

sureso some people, who call themselves christian, have a relaionship with Jesus that seems to circumvent all scripture, which is fine...thee ones i know just consideer the book to be sories about peole tryng to understnad WTF is going on?

Forum List

Back