• Because the New York Times tells me so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am in favor of legalizing Polygamy

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • I dunno

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I take the Rodney Dangerfield argument. Why do you want two women? SO they have someone to talk to when you're done?

I take the Rodney Dangerfield argument. Why do you want two women? SO they have someone to talk to when you're done?

I dont; one mother-in-law is plenty enough for me.

But on what moral/legal/constitutional basis does our government deny this basic human right to three consenting adults?

None of those reasons are sufficient.

The answer is because plural marriage is only valid when God commandments. When He doesn't command it, it's not allowed.

We are in a period where it's been prohibitted. Should God decide that we should engage in it for some reason, He can freely command otherwise.

The Bible is silent on God's will for man at the present. That's ultimately why the Bible is not enough. Because if the Bible is true, we have to live off every word that proceeds from the Mouth of God. We are told to seek wisdom and knowledge from His hands. If we deny that God continues to reveal His will, we are in essence, denying the message contained in the Bible.

God is the God of the Living, not the dead.

The Bible is silent on God's will for man at the present. That's ultimately why the Bible is not enough. Because if the Bible is true, we have to live off every word that proceeds from the Mouth of God. We are told to seek wisdom and knowledge from His hands. If we deny that God continues to reveal His will, we are in essence, denying the message contained in the Bible.

Which is why we have the Magisterium and that I am a Catholic.

See the poll

Its not wrong as long as they are all consenting adults, if I want to marry both of my girlfriends it should be only my business.

I must prefer to see a man marry two women and take responsibility for them and his children then I would to see him knock up two women and run away from responsibility.

Of course, as both of those options are prohibitted by the Lord, I would most prefer to see neither.

See the poll

Its not wrong as long as they are all consenting adults, if I want to marry both of my girlfriends it should be only my business.

I must prefer to see a man marry two women and take responsibility for them and his children then I would to see him knock up two women and run away from responsibility.

Of course, as both of those options are prohibitted by the Lord, I would most prefer to see neither.

Even if its technically illegal its still going on, I used to see a cougar in California who was married to a rich Jewish guy from Los Angeles, she claimed this guy wanted 2 wives and she was the second one, he moved her in the home and everything and did a little ceremony all that, he just didn't get a marriage license. Theres nothing stopping me from having a ceremony with my 2 wives and us living together like man and wives, the marriage certificate from the court house is just a piece of paper.

Most of these arguments against are based on religious precepts, but what about secular arguments for or against polygamy?

Most of these arguments against are based on religious precepts, but what about secular arguments for or against polygamy?

As predicted, the acceptance homosexuality of as "normal" has led to the acceptance of other forms of deviancy as normal. Next will be pedophilia (lowering the age of consent), then they will legalize prostitution..

Last edited:
Polygamous marriage is bad for society. If the Alpha Males acquire all of the females, the Beta Males have nobody to civilize them into leading productive lifestyles.

As predicted, the acceptance homosexuality of as "normal" has led to the acceptance of other forms of deviancy as normal. Next will be pedophilia (lowering the age of consent), then they will legalize prostitution..

Pedophilia is wrong because a child can't give meaningful consent.

As for Polygamy... I'm not seeing what the problem is, exactly. We have polygamy now, except one mate is called the "Wife" and the other one is called the "mistress".

For legalizing prostitution, again, since the prostitution laws are barely enforced, I'm not seeing the benefit to having a law. It seems kind of silly to prosecute someone for taking money when its no crime if they do it for free.

None of those reasons are sufficient.

The answer is because plural marriage is only valid when God commandments. When He doesn't command it, it's not allowed.

We are in a period where it's been prohibitted. Should God decide that we should engage in it for some reason, He can freely command otherwise.

Ah, so Polygamy is only okay when your imaginary sky friend says it's okay.

"No, seriously, honey, I had a talk with God this morning, and he totally said I should marry our maid, too!"

"Now, Joseph Smith, there you go making stuff up again!"

d87_mr.jpg

"and God said I was a General, too... Weeeeeee"

Considering most guys have trouble handling just one woman, isn't haveing more than one asking for trouble?

Probably....

But that's really not the conversation here.

The conversation is, should the government outlaw it? Not whether it's a good idea or not.

Pedophilia is wrong because a child can't give meaningful consent.

As for Polygamy... I'm not seeing what the problem is, exactly. We have polygamy now, except one mate is called the "Wife" and the other one is called the "mistress".

For legalizing prostitution, again, since the prostitution laws are barely enforced, I'm not seeing the benefit to having a law. It seems kind of silly to prosecute someone for taking money when its no crime if they do it for free.

They will argue that 18 years is too old for consent. First they will lower the age of consent to 16, then to 14 then to puberty. This is what they will do. It is very predictable. They will incrementally "normalize" all forms of sexual deviancy.

They will argue that 18 years is too old for consent. First they will lower the age of consent to 16, then to 14 then to puberty. This is what they will do. It is very predictable. They will incrementally "normalize" all forms of sexual deviancy.

Ummm.. not really.

If anything, the law has increased the age of consent to marriage, not decreased it. In the 19th century, it used to be very common for 14 year olds to get married (albeit usually to other 14 year olds after a pregnancy).

There's really no movement to lower the marriage age. In fact, women are putting off marriage until they are older and older.

Median Age at First Marriage, 1890–2010 — Infoplease.com

Ummm.. not really.

If anything, the law has increased the age of consent to marriage, not decreased it. In the 19th century, it used to be very common for 14 year olds to get married (albeit usually to other 14 year olds after a pregnancy).

There's really no movement to lower the marriage age. In fact, women are putting off marriage until they are older and older.

Median Age at First Marriage, 1890–2010 — Infoplease.com

Gay activists like Kevin Jennings, Obama's safe school czar, are pushing to lower the age of consent.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back