Why is our sun being unactive?

It could become a major problem because less solar output could result in global cooling.

Vostok-ice-core.gif

Tell me folks, considering that trend, do you think that blue line is likely to go up? Or Down?

What would you put you money on?

Considering that it has plateued for far longer than in previous periods, don't you think that there may be something going on? Not only that, but we have added 40% more CO2, and over 150% more CH4 in about 160 years. Both the atmosphere and the ocean have measureable increases in temperature.

From just anthropogenic emissions, before this century is out, the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere will double. Given the release of CH4 from the Arctic Ocean clathrates, and CO2 and CH4 from the permafrost, it will likely be far more than that.
It is statements like that that ruin your credibility on the issue.

First of all, you do not know that annthropogenic CO2 emissions will double. And more importantly, the sound science indicates that it would be a good thing for mankind if it did.
You have to realize that ole crocks believes that if you turn off the burner, that the soup will boil harder because he put chili peppers in there.

Last edited:
It could become a major problem because less solar output could result in global cooling.

Vostok-ice-core.gif

Tell me folks, considering that trend, do you think that blue line is likely to go up? Or Down?

What would you put you money on?

Considering that it has plateued for far longer than in previous periods, don't you think that there may be something going on? Not only that, but we have added 40% more CO2, and over 150% more CH4 in about 160 years. Both the atmosphere and the ocean have measureable increases in temperature.

From just anthropogenic emissions, before this century is out, the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere will double. Given the release of CH4 from the Arctic Ocean clathrates, and CO2 and CH4 from the permafrost, it will likely be far more than that.

Any CO2 released from anywhere sinks to the ground, its heavier than air, this is why my feet are so hot all the time, global warming is a danger, the increased heat around our feet will encourage Athletes Foot.

CO2 is heavier than the air, CO2 also displaces oxygen, seems we should worry about suffocating more than a getting hot, of course we are never ever going to see the CO2 level rise to that point.

CO2, so little in the atmosphere its impossible to prove any effect, not even in a real life experiments.

Now Muhammed, would you care to show us some real scientists that are stating that? Everything that I read from scientists states just the opposite.

Here's a study from Stanford that says warmer is better

Damages and Benefits of Warming

Here's a PNAS study that confirms it for small critters.

Global warming benefits the small in aquatic ecosystems ? PNAS

Here's a CNN report from a Russian Climatologist who says the cost savings in heating materials alone will far outweigh any costs of GW

Global warming? Cool!, climatologist says – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Here's a general study from icecap that details some of the benefits of GW.

http://icecap.us/images/uploads/MK_CCSP_Benefits.pdf

That is a very small number out of the hundreds that say likewise.

Now Muhammed, would you care to show us some real scientists that are stating that? Everything that I read from scientists states just the opposite.

Here's a CNN report from a Russian Climatologist who says the cost savings in heating materials alone will far outweigh any costs of GW

Unless you source Wikipedia I am afraid you have a big fight on your hands.

Unless you source Wikipedia I am afraid you have a big fight on your hands.

Yes I know. But olfraud wanted "real" scientists (not that he could identify one were they to stand right next to him) so I posted some real ones.

Forum List

Back