Why is Olbermann trashing Bristol Palin?

Because Olberdouche takes his orders from the WH...they can't defend the Obama regime as far as getting the country's economy going now,they can't defend Obama period so the only thing they can do is attack and try to tear people down.As long as they can find something to attack Sarah on they will do so.
And If it's a quiet day on the Sarah front or if they already attacked her for most of the show the next best thing is to go after the kids.

Obermann controlled by Obama??? And nobody told General Electric??? Heads will roll...There will be blood!!!! :eek: :lol: :lol:

Sarah Palin was picked by the party. McCain wanted Lieberman or Tom Ridge for VP, but there would have been a huge fight on the convention floor if McCain didn't pick a conservative Christian. Sarah 'empty vessel' Palin destroyed herself when she clearly showed her lack of intelligence, competence and qualifications when she couldn't handle even simple soft-ball questions from the media.

Sarah, her clueless minions and right wing 'victimhood'
So that justifies attacks on her family?

Olbermann criticized Bristol for her Candie’s Foundation ad. It's public information, not private. Your victimhood is hanging out. Actually it was pretty funny. Olbermann said:

'She's the Candie's spokesperson for abstinence? She and her son? Because it's got to work this time? This is just like George Bush saying he kept us safe except for that 9/11 thing, that don't count. Bristol Palin, abstinence model...this time'
Actually, you leftist pukes have been attacking Palin's family since you heard of her. But you just keep pretending it's different. Somehow. It just is.

Olbermann criticized Bristol for her Candie’s Foundation ad. It's public information, not private. Your victimhood is hanging out. Actually it was pretty funny. Olbermann said:

'She's the Candie's spokesperson for abstinence? She and her son? Because it's got to work this time? This is just like George Bush saying he kept us safe except for that 9/11 thing, that don't count. Bristol Palin, abstinence model...this time'
Actually, you leftist pukes have been attacking Palin's family since you heard of her. But you just keep pretending it's different. Somehow. It just is.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbQwAFobQxQ[/ame]

Actually they only do it because it gets you whining and your panties twisted up.

Of course stupid Bristol thinking she's anyone's role model is amusing as well.. :lol:

Political scion Bristol Palin defended herself Thursday against an attack from MSNBC personality Keith Olbermann, who called her "the worst person in the world" because she preaches abstinence to teens even though she was an unwed teenager when she became a mom.
On her Facebook page, the former "Dancing With the Stars" contestant said she won't let Olbermann distort her message about the difficulties of teen pregnancy and that Olbermann is confused about what constitutes hypocrisy.
"In order to have credibility as a spokesperson, it sometimes takes a person who has made mistakes," she wrote. "Parents warn their children about the mistakes they made so they are not repeated. Former gang members travel to schools to educate teenagers about the risks of gang life."
Bristol Palin Defends Herself Against Olbermann

The real question is this: Why is Olbermann trash-talking 20-year-old mother whose not running for any office on national television- for trying to encourage others to be wiser than she was?

Bristol Palin has a good point. While she didn't say so in so many words, I have to agree: Olbermann is just being a dick and needs to get over whatever issues are leading him to trash this young woman on the air to feel better about himself.

Excellent points.

Actually they only do it because it gets you whining and your panties twisted up.

Of course stupid Bristol thinking she's anyone's role model is amusing as well.. :lol:
I think you left out the first step: A Palin says something, and you lefties start whining and getting your panties twisted up.

You know, like Olbermann did. :lol:

So...That interview was the moment when Sarah displayed what a double talking moron she really is and America ...That is the America that thinks critically decided that no way in hell she is presidential material and frankly we were offended she was put in that position.

Sarah is not a "bad" person. She is a stupid christian fundimentalist that went real far on good looks and a snappy winky campaign "show". She was forced by her nomination way past her personal capabilities and it was laid bare.

I believe what agrivates many is that she is taking advantage of foolish people and riding her "popularity" to the bank. I am very tired of this caliber of Republican.

So...That interview was the moment when Sarah displayed what a double talking moron she really is and America ...That is the America that thinks critically decided that no way in hell she is presidential material and frankly we were offended she was put in that position.

Sarah is not a "bad" person. She is a stupid christian fundimentalist that went real far on good looks and a snappy winky campaign "show". She was forced by her nomination way past her personal capabilities and it was laid bare.

I believe what agrivates many is that she is taking advantage of foolish people and riding her "popularity" to the bank. I am very tired of this caliber of Republican.
Ahhh. So THAT makes it okay to attack her family.

According to republicans, "Yes"

http://www.salon.com/news/1998/06/25newsb.html

So....when a man becomes a father, he can pretty much put his children a distant second? Third?

Cool.:cool:

No!:eusa_shhh:
But it is a mother's job to be there, that is what we are here for, and why we produce hormones while pregnant to help us with that.
Also, I had a father who was a salesman and gave up money ie commissions so he could coach us in sports and be there for school functions. My dad was on booster club, and an officer in the booster club the whole time I was in school. When I was in junior high he was a treasure in my booster club, and VP for my brother's high school booster club, along with being an officer in his Kiwana's group.
You bitch about your kids teachers, but do you give Palin a pass?
My child is either a month older or younger than her child, her child has downs, while my child is DD but just has delays. For the last couple months I have had to do quite a bit for his therapy because he is going to be three.

Luissa, I'm sorry to learn that you have a special needs child, and you obviously very much care about seeing he gets the very best of whatever he needs to achieve everything he is able to. It seems to have been very quickly forgotten by many that one of the things Palin ran on was more and better programs for special needs children - which would by extension also help their parents.

I'm sure you realize that I rarely agree with your political stances but I do agree with some of the posts you have made on this thread. Yes, a mother should put her children first always as should a father. It’s unfortunate that many of our children are put on a back burner by one or both of their parents. That’s the result of all the women’s liberation movement. They have played women like a fiddle. Abortion has nothing to do with women having control over their bodies - it’s a means of getting rid of something that stands in the way of professional achievement. And that has been extended to our children who no longer have to have parental notification or anything else. Our children have been essentially taught that they, in all their young wisdom are perfectly capable of making such a huge decision on their own - they don’t need any parental input. Bristol Palin made a mistake and got pregnant, she made her own decision regarding abortion. Believe me, she and her mother both would have worse criticism had she aborted. Palin’s detractors would have had a heyday.

Think about this. If you had a 13 year old daughter who got knocked up by the 15 year old love of her life would you like to be left in the dark - never informed about her condition? What would be your reaction if something went terribly wrong in the process and she died?

Women’s rights activists are NOT extended to ALL women. They have a specific type of woman they in their midst - and it does not include idiot stay-at-home moms.

Once the baby is out of the womb, where is the right to life movement? No where to be found granny. Children being 'put on the back burner' is the result of economics. The one income family is almost extinct due mostly to policies, union busting and a concerted attack on the middle class by conservatives and Republicans. The Contract with America turned out to be a Contract ON America.

The abortion myth...Evangelicals had no problem with Roe v. Wade and abortion. The first opposition came from Catholics not Protestants. Even the Southern Baptist Church advocated for legal abortion in some circumstances as late as the mid-70’s. It was the rise of fundamentalism among Protestants and an opportunistic alliance in 1980 between the Reagan campaign and the Moral Majority that turned abortion into a political issue of broad national interest. Religious Right did not come together in response to the Roe decision. What got them going as a political movement was the attempt on the part of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to rescind the tax-exempt status of Bob Jones University because of its racially discriminatory policies.

Abortions will continue with or without legality. The only thing that will change is women will die due to back room abortions instead of a medically safe procedure.
ref, ref

The supreme court ruled long ago that public figures have few if any rights when it comes to liable and slander. Sarah offers nothing of value as a candidate so what remains is her just "cashing in" on the free shot she was so fortunate to stumble onto that placed her on this media pedistal. This flack she relishes as the backlash is so lucrative is totally her call. Is the whole thing distastefull? Of course it is. Since she is not nor ever will be a candidate she can go back to Alaska and the news cycle will go on nicely without her. She has stretched her 15 minutes of fame for over two years and many millions of dollars. She and her kids respond to all of the negative comments and of course they know it would all stop if they didn't respond to it. Do you really think Bristols "dancing with the stars" was based on "talent"? These people are taking every possible advantage of thier little chance at the spotlight. No..I do not feel sorry for them.

No!:eusa_shhh:
But it is a mother's job to be there, that is what we are here for, and why we produce hormones while pregnant to help us with that.
Also, I had a father who was a salesman and gave up money ie commissions so he could coach us in sports and be there for school functions. My dad was on booster club, and an officer in the booster club the whole time I was in school. When I was in junior high he was a treasure in my booster club, and VP for my brother's high school booster club, along with being an officer in his Kiwana's group.
You bitch about your kids teachers, but do you give Palin a pass?
My child is either a month older or younger than her child, her child has downs, while my child is DD but just has delays. For the last couple months I have had to do quite a bit for his therapy because he is going to be three.

Luissa, I'm sorry to learn that you have a special needs child, and you obviously very much care about seeing he gets the very best of whatever he needs to achieve everything he is able to. It seems to have been very quickly forgotten by many that one of the things Palin ran on was more and better programs for special needs children - which would by extension also help their parents.

I'm sure you realize that I rarely agree with your political stances but I do agree with some of the posts you have made on this thread. Yes, a mother should put her children first always as should a father. It’s unfortunate that many of our children are put on a back burner by one or both of their parents. That’s the result of all the women’s liberation movement. They have played women like a fiddle. Abortion has nothing to do with women having control over their bodies - it’s a means of getting rid of something that stands in the way of professional achievement. And that has been extended to our children who no longer have to have parental notification or anything else. Our children have been essentially taught that they, in all their young wisdom are perfectly capable of making such a huge decision on their own - they don’t need any parental input. Bristol Palin made a mistake and got pregnant, she made her own decision regarding abortion. Believe me, she and her mother both would have worse criticism had she aborted. Palin’s detractors would have had a heyday.

Think about this. If you had a 13 year old daughter who got knocked up by the 15 year old love of her life would you like to be left in the dark - never informed about her condition? What would be your reaction if something went terribly wrong in the process and she died?

Women’s rights activists are NOT extended to ALL women. They have a specific type of woman they in their midst - and it does not include idiot stay-at-home moms.

Once the baby is out of the womb, where is the right to life movement? No where to be found granny. Children being 'put on the back burner' is the result of economics. The one income family is almost extinct due mostly to policies, union busting and a concerted attack on the middle class by conservatives and Republicans. The Contract with America turned out to be a Contract ON America.

The abortion myth...Evangelicals had no problem with Roe v. Wade and abortion. The first opposition came from Catholics not Protestants. Even the Southern Baptist Church advocated for legal abortion in some circumstances as late as the mid-70’s. It was the rise of fundamentalism among Protestants and an opportunistic alliance in 1980 between the Reagan campaign and the Moral Majority that turned abortion into a political issue of broad national interest. Religious Right did not come together in response to the Roe decision. What got them going as a political movement was the attempt on the part of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to rescind the tax-exempt status of Bob Jones University because of its racially discriminatory policies.

Abortions will continue with or without legality. The only thing that will change is women will die due to back room abortions instead of a medically safe procedure.
ref, ref

Those right-to-lifers are too busy signing laws to kill babies

Euthanasia: President Bush and Texas Law | Texas Right to Life

George W. Bush had signed into law the Texas Advanced Directives Act in 1999. According to this Act, if a doctor or hospital should decide to refuse lifesaving treatment to a patient for whatever reason, the patient is allowed ten days to find an institution or caregiver who will provide such treatment and so save his or her life. During that ten-day period the patient must be given life-sustaining treatment. The charge of hypocrisy arises from the fact that under existing law, if the patient in question cannot find alternative care, then all treatment is denied and the patient dies a tragic and painful death.

Salon Newsreal | A joke too bad to print?
Can you find where I've defended that sort of thing? Good luck. You'd be more likely to find where I've said family is off-limits.

Nevertheless, you reveal something interesting: Instead of rising above the behavior you condemn, you choose to wallow in it. And this gives you the moral high ground...how, exactly?

Salon Newsreal | A joke too bad to print?
Can you find where I've defended that sort of thing? Good luck. You'd be more likely to find where I've said family is off-limits.

Nevertheless, you reveal something interesting: Instead of rising above the behavior you condemn, you choose to wallow in it. And this gives you the moral high ground...how, exactly?

Can you find where I criticized Bristol before she became a public figure?

I didn't think so

I didn't think so
She became a public figure when her mother was nominated to run as VP, not for anything Bristol did.

Do you think that made her fair game?

I didn't think so
She became a public figure when her mother was nominated to run as VP, not for anything Bristol did.

Can you find where I criticized Bristol before she became a spokesperson for the abstinence movement?

Or will you just wimp out and find another way to ask the same question?

I didn't think so

The "public" did not elevate Sarah Palin to the national spotlight. She chose to accept a nomination for VP out of the clear blue Alaska sky. She knew her capabilities yet procceeded on as if she was equal to the task. It is her responsibility to protect her children and when she made the decision to enter national politics with all indicators screaming that she would fail and end up a "spectical" she put her own children at risk.

Blaming the public for gawking at an accident on the freeway is stupid.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back