Why is Olbermann trashing Bristol Palin?

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
Political scion Bristol Palin defended herself Thursday against an attack from MSNBC personality Keith Olbermann, who called her "the worst person in the world" because she preaches abstinence to teens even though she was an unwed teenager when she became a mom.
On her Facebook page, the former "Dancing With the Stars" contestant said she won't let Olbermann distort her message about the difficulties of teen pregnancy and that Olbermann is confused about what constitutes hypocrisy.
"In order to have credibility as a spokesperson, it sometimes takes a person who has made mistakes," she wrote. "Parents warn their children about the mistakes they made so they are not repeated. Former gang members travel to schools to educate teenagers about the risks of gang life."
Bristol Palin Defends Herself Against Olbermann

The real question is this: Why is Olbermann trash-talking 20-year-old mother whose not running for any office on national television- for trying to encourage others to be wiser than she was?

Bristol Palin has a good point. While she didn't say so in so many words, I have to agree: Olbermann is just being a dick and needs to get over whatever issues are leading him to trash this young woman on the air to feel better about himself.

I saw something about this too. It is mean-spirited; Olbermann clearly wouldn't be attacking this chick except that Sarah Palin is her mom. Not good, not good at all.

Did anyone see the Commercial? Bristol is with one of the Jersey Shore boys.

While I think Olbermann has better fish to fry..the commercial is terribly hypocritical.

The real question is this: Why is Olbermann trash-talking 20-year-old mother whose not running for any office on national television- for trying to encourage others to be wiser than she was?
she's not encouraging others to be wiser than she was, she's promoting her mom's brain dead theory of keep it your pants. If Bristol was supporting waiting for marriage, and teaching kids about condoms, birth control, STD, breaking sexual myths then maybe she wouldn't get picked on.

• Banned
when did Buttemia become a sexist?

:eusa_eh:

American Trolling League
Rejected

We regret to inform you that your submission has been rejected. Your trolling is simply not up to ATL standards. USMB requires all trolls to be registered with the ATL and to have current ATL certification to ensure quality. In accordance with the Terms of Use and applicable rules, regulations, and standards, you are ordered to CEASE AND DESIST your activities until you are able to meet ATL standards and acquire certification.

Sincerely

James Beukema
Master Poe, American Trolling League

she's not encouraging others to be wiser than she was, she's promoting her mom's brain dead theory of keep it your pants. If Bristol was supporting waiting for marriage, and teaching kids about condoms, birth control, STD, breaking sexual myths then maybe she wouldn't get picked on.

Ah.. the liberal .. I'm a lousy parent, I can't control them, let the government do it for me, I give up approach..

Well obviously it only has to do with who her mother is. His intentions are to damage Sarah Palin. Back when McCain picked her when virtually no one knew who she was the left scrambled to destroy her. McCain/Palin lost the election, and she was supposed to be forgotten. The problem is Palin has substance in her beliefs (much in contrast to McCain), so she actually gained a whole lot of popularity. This drives the fringe left absolutely nuts, she is supposed to be an afterthought at this point, much like other losers like John Edwards.

All the fringe has left now is to attack her family members.

She would have been picked on just the same. Some on the left were saying that Trigg was her child and not Sarah's. It what the libs do.

Well obviously it only has to do with who her mother is. His intentions are to damage Sarah Palin. Back when McCain picked her when virtually no one knew who she was the left scrambled to destroy her. McCain/Palin lost the election, and she was supposed to be forgotten. The problem is Palin has substance in her beliefs (much in contrast to McCain), so she actually gained a whole lot of popularity. This drives the fringe left absolutely nuts, she is supposed to be an afterthought at this point, much like other losers like John Edwards.

All the fringe has left now is to attack her family members.

Yup.. just feeding the left their Palin Pablum...:lol:

Political scion Bristol Palin defended herself Thursday against an attack from MSNBC personality Keith Olbermann, who called her "the worst person in the world" because she preaches abstinence to teens even though she was an unwed teenager when she became a mom.
On her Facebook page, the former "Dancing With the Stars" contestant said she won't let Olbermann distort her message about the difficulties of teen pregnancy and that Olbermann is confused about what constitutes hypocrisy.
"In order to have credibility as a spokesperson, it sometimes takes a person who has made mistakes," she wrote. "Parents warn their children about the mistakes they made so they are not repeated. Former gang members travel to schools to educate teenagers about the risks of gang life."
Bristol Palin Defends Herself Against Olbermann

Bristol Palin has a good point. While she didn't say so in so many words, I have to agree: Olbermann is just being a dick and needs to get over whatever issues are leading him to trash this young woman on the air to feel better about himself.

Because he is a moron?

HUH? What is brain dead about teaching kids to remain virgins until marriage?
Or at least until they turn 21.
Or how about just not making babies until they are married?
Obviously kids are getting the message at least somewhat. Teen pregnancy is down significantly, especially in suburban and rural school districts.

Olbermann is suffering the realization that whatever relevance he once had is gone. Why anyone is quoting this putz is a mystery.
Olbermann should rename himself "Over"mann.
He has no job. He has no career. He should have stayed in sports broadcasting.
Now he couldn't find a broadcasting job in Glendive, Montana. Whih just happens to be THE smallest TV/Radio market in the country.

I saw something about this too. It is mean-spirited; Olbermann clearly wouldn't be attacking this chick except that Sarah Palin is her mom. Not good, not good at all.

Agreed, now if he talked about her horse style of dancing and how politics kept her in the running on the dancing show.

didn't she call people faggots?
didn't she roll her eyes at a lady when she said she was a teacher, even though her grandfather is a teacher?
Don't feel bad for the spoiled brat. I used to, when her mom first starting running, but I no longer do.

HUH? What is brain dead about teaching kids to remain virgins until marriage?
Or at least until they turn 21.
Or how about just not making babies until they are married?
Obviously kids are getting the message at least somewhat. Teen pregnancy is down significantly, especially in suburban and rural school districts.

Olbermann is suffering the realization that whatever relevance he once had is gone. Why anyone is quoting this putz is a mystery.
Olbermann should rename himself "Over"mann.
He has no job. He has no career. He should have stayed in sports broadcasting.
Now he couldn't find a broadcasting job in Glendive, Montana. Whih just happens to be THE smallest TV/Radio market in the country.

It doesn't work, that's why it's brain dead.

If you want proof that it doesn't work, look at how it worked with Bristol the Unwed Mother

And rural states have higher rates of teen pregnancy than more urban states. Red states are higher than Blue States.

Last edited:
didn't she call people faggots?
didn't she roll her eyes at a lady when she said she was a teacher, even though her grandfather is a teacher?
Don't feel bad for the spoiled brat. I used to, when her mom first starting running, but I no longer do.

Good point she is a celebrity now and opened herself up for cirticism and paperatzi lifestyle stuff.

But Oblerman should not really be wasting time on celebs.

Agreed, now if he talked about her horse style of dancing and how politics kept her in the running on the dancing show.

Tell us about it.. Twinkle Toes

I used to dance really well.
Can dance now at all though, do well to walk with crutches.

Forum List

Back