Why is Obama still asking for money?

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]
I just got this e-mail 2 minutes ago. All of the ads are going, he's overflowing with cash and yet he's still asking for money? I don't get it. Can someone please explain this to me. What does he intend to do with the money the election is over?

David --

When you look back on Election Day years from now, you'll tell your friends and family that this was the moment you helped make history.

You could also have a story to share about how you were right in the middle of it at the big Election Night event in Chicago.

You could be one of 5 first-time donors to go backstage on Election Night, as long as you give -- in any amount -- before Sunday at midnight.

If you're selected, you and a guest will be flown to Chicago, put up in a hotel, and given a front row seat to history.

And if you make a donation of $30 or more today, you'll also receive a "Change the World" T-shirt:

This election will come down to what we do -- or don't do -- in the next few days.

John McCain and the Republican National Committee had $20 million more in the bank than our campaign and the DNC combined as of October 15th. They are pouring it into crucial battleground states, and we're facing an onslaught of negative attacks.

Your support will have a huge impact.

Step up during this historic moment, and you could be there on Election Night.

Will you donate $30 or more today?

As a bonus, we'll send you a special edition Change the World T-shirt:

https://donate.barackobama.com/frontrowtee

Everything we've worked nearly two years for will be decided between now and Tuesday, November 4th.

Let's make history,

Obama for America

P.S. -- If you can't make a donation, you can help get us across the finish line by volunteering to help get out the vote:

http://my.barackobama.com/november

[/FONT]

Paid for by Obama for America​
This email was sent to: [email protected]
To unsubscribe, go to: http://my.barackobama.com/unsubscribe
open.gif

I wondered that myself David.

I know he's putting on a massive GOTV effort in key battleground states and he's now running ads in states he didn't have them in before.

I just got this e-mail 2 minutes ago. All of the ads are going, he's overflowing with cash and yet he's still asking for money? I don't get it. Can someone please explain this to me. What does he intend to do with the money the election is over?

David --

When you look back on Election Day years from now, you'll tell your friends and family that this was the moment you helped make history.

You could also have a story to share about how you were right in the middle of it at the big Election Night event in Chicago.

You could be one of 5 first-time donors to go backstage on Election Night, as long as you give -- in any amount -- before Sunday at midnight.

If you're selected, you and a guest will be flown to Chicago, put up in a hotel, and given a front row seat to history.

And if you make a donation of $30 or more today, you'll also receive a "Change the World" T-shirt:

This election will come down to what we do -- or don't do -- in the next few days.

John McCain and the Republican National Committee had $20 million more in the bank than our campaign and the DNC combined as of October 15th. They are pouring it into crucial battleground states, and we're facing an onslaught of negative attacks.

Everything we've worked nearly two years for will be decided between now and Tuesday, November 4th.

Let's make history,

Obama for America

P.S. -- If you can't make a donation, you can help get us across the finish line by volunteering to help get out the vote:

[/FONT]

open.gif

Apparently he's having a hard time budgeting. Is that an important thing?

I wondered that myself David.

I know he's putting on a massive GOTV effort in key battleground states and he's now running ads in states he didn't have them in before.

Right, but we've got 72 hours left. He's got hundreds of millions of dollars already. The ads have already been bought and paid for. I don't get why we need to keep giving him money...

David --

Let's make history,

Obama for America

[/FONT]

open.gif
But that is a nifty t-shirt. Seriously David, the signposts are there.

But that is a nifty t-shirt. Seriously David, the signposts are there.

LOL

if David does not want the nifty tee shirt:

Looky here from DavidS email he revieved::

"You could be one of 5 first-time donors to go backstage on Election Night, as long as you give -- in any amount -- before Sunday at midnight."

It frekkin sounds like one of those letters you get from Ed McMahon--

"Hey David you could be a lucky winner of ten million dollars-- just return the matching magazine stamp before midnight March 30...."

:eusa_eh:

Right, but we've got 72 hours left. He's got hundreds of millions of dollars already. The ads have already been bought and paid for. I don't get why we need to keep giving him money...

Fork over the cash. You are either selfish or unpatriotic and you better get used to those labels. Mr. Hope and Change is so going to rock yur world.

Point them out to me - maybe I'm blind.

Maybe, just possibly, he is not the man you pictured? You should have serious reservations about the money and so many more things. Seriously, I didn't expect any reflections from the left for at least a year or so. Perhaps I underestimated some people?

the money will be gone. his gotv effort is massive, they have also contracted taxis to shuttle voters to and from polling locations on demand. joe scarbourough conservative host of the morning joe says off the record the gop is stating total dominance in the gotv effort by Obama team in florida. I am sure they want to expand the effort across the rest of the battleground states. I get the emails practically every other day. I have donated a pretty penny to Obama and Tinklenburg the canidate running against Michelle Bachman.

Maybe he will help his brother who is living in poverty with the left over money or maybe his aunt who is living here illegally and in poverty. Oh wait maybe he will clean up his district in Chicago that is a slum. Hmmmm so many possibilities.

because a) he has to pay off hillary's debt. b) he has to pay off biden's debt; and c) the excess goes into a warchest to be determined later and can be used either to fund other democratic campaigns (I believe) or be used toward a re-election effort.

it's huge leverage.

I'm sorry, who said you NEED to do anything? I haven't given more money, even though I received the email.

and hundreds of millions? wow... I think you overestimate his bank account or underestimate how much he's spending in staff alone in the battleground states. He's apparently got no less than 40 offices in each battleground state, with staff on hand not to mention advertising both print and media....

I'm sorry, who said you NEED to do anything? I haven't given more money, even though I received the email.

and hundreds of millions? wow... I think you overestimate his bank account or underestimate how much he's spending in staff alone in the battleground states. He's apparently got no less than 40 offices in each battleground state, with staff on hand not to mention advertising both print and media....
Obama will still lose, he will need the extra money to fly back to Kenya:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
obubble.jpg

Thank you for the responses. It's interesting. Again, my question about what Obama will do with the left over money, if any.

Forum List

Back