Why is Obama perceived as weak?

Obama is weak.

He's all talk and no action.

Obama says mandates won't work. Obama signs a healthcare law that relies on a mandate.

Obama says Afghanistan is the war we should be fighting. Obama submits a timetable for withdrawl.

Obama says we must be fiscally responsible. Obama increases the deficit by 1.5 trillion dollars.

Obama says no more earmarks, Obama signs bills chocked full of earmarks.

Obama says one thing, then at the first sign of opposition he capitulates.

Afterwards he gives a pretty speech on how that was his plan all along.

Bush signed the Iraq pullout agreement and Obama couldn't even get the troops out at a Bush pace.

Obama had one war going on when he took office and immediately escalated the fighting and war-spending.

The threats towards Iran have continued.

Sounds like same ol same ol to me, warmongering and nation building. This man should be a hero to those in favor of a neoconservative foreign policy.

Why?....because his threats are empty...

Because he has essentially told Iran they are free to develop their nuclear weapons....

Because he bowed and scraped and apologized for America...

Because he sent 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan but then announced that pullout will begin in 18 months...

Because he has given the green light to Hamas and the Paletinian Authority to confront Israel...while he browbeats Israel...

Because the Brotherhood rioters in Egypt have no fear of any recrimination from Obama...

Because in a speech in Egypt he blamed the West for all the problems with Islam...

Thanks Rush for taking time away from your busy radio schedule to post on my thread.

So far, his threats and Bush's threats towards Iran have been the same thing, empty but who knows what could be coming.

I'd love to see the quote of him telling Iran to go ahead and get nukes, I've seen plenty of him saying the exact opposite.

No he apologized for Bush, standard p-r stuff for the political parties. Same thing Bush did in not blaming Clinton for killing enough people (even though more Iraqi's died from Clinton policies than Bush policies).

Good spin on how escalating warmongering is weak.

Lol wow, yes I'd love to see the quote of him saying "Hamas go get'm!" Have we stopped filling the Israeli gov'ts pockets with our taxpayer dollars under Obama? Hell no and we never will, same as under Bush.

The Egyptian revolution cares more about Egypt than the US, believe it or not, sounds crazy I'm sure.

I need to see your quotes Rush, but again thanks for joining my thread.

So....for all intents and purposes...Obama is another Bush.

If I recall...hjis entire campaign was him running AGAINST one who thinks like Bush

Why?....because his threats are empty...

Because he has essentially told Iran they are free to develop their nuclear weapons....

Because he bowed and scraped and apologized for America...

Because he sent 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan but then announced that pullout will begin in 18 months...

Because he has given the green light to Hamas and the Paletinian Authority to confront Israel...while he browbeats Israel...

Because the Brotherhood rioters in Egypt have no fear of any recrimination from Obama...

Because in a speech in Egypt he blamed the West for all the problems with Islam...

Thanks Rush for taking time away from your busy radio schedule to post on my thread.

So far, his threats and Bush's threats towards Iran have been the same thing, empty but who knows what could be coming.

I'd love to see the quote of him telling Iran to go ahead and get nukes, I've seen plenty of him saying the exact opposite.

No he apologized for Bush, standard p-r stuff for the political parties. Same thing Bush did in not blaming Clinton for killing enough people (even though more Iraqi's died from Clinton policies than Bush policies).

Lol wow, yes I'd love to see the quote of him saying "Hamas go get'm!" Have we stopped filling the Israeli gov'ts pockets with our taxpayer dollars under Obama? Hell no and we never will, same as under Bush.

The Egyptian revolution cares more about Egypt than the US, believe it or not, sounds crazy I'm sure.

If I recall...hjis entire campaign was him running AGAINST one who thinks like Bush

How the hell did you get "for all intents and purposes...Obama is another Bush" from what you quoted????

Obama wildly escalated a war started under Bush's watch, if Obama is weak what does that make Bush?

But didn't Obama say that he was going to draw down the war effort? But when he took heat, he had to go in a different direction.

Couldn't I just say he was afraid to escalate the fighting in Afghanistan and spin that into Bush being weak?

I don't understand your fixation on the war effort. A President is not strong or weak based on how many troops he sends overseas. It's about weathering the heat, pulling opposing sides together, and striking the compromises that allow the country to still move forward productively. You have to be able to pull the trigger, and Obama has not been able to do that.

How the hell did you get "for all intents and purposes...Obama is another Bush" from what you quoted????

Bolded in red and font change.

That's how.

The real question is....how did you NOT get that from what I quoted!

Last edited:
As a leader, I don't think he's "weak" as it's implied persay, I just don't like his agenda/policies. I believe he is misguided. I didn't vote for him and will vote against him.

I actually think he comes across pretty well, articulate, straightforward. And his heart may very well be in the right place according to his views.

I could never do the job either of course. Sometimes in our pride, we are able to freely critisize others before putting ourselves in their shoes and then find ourselves hyprocrites. (Or I know I have) Being the leader of the freeworld while horrific chaos is all around us - to me, would be unimaginable. I don't think any "weak" person in the way its implied could handle it. Does he sway back a forth a bit? Perhaps, but if I was one who was really trying to help others, trying to be a leader, perhaps I would sway too. Trying to hold this nation together while everything else is going on - I cannot imagine.

As for weakness in humanity, it's my belief that we all can be weak; and its not a "cut down", its not a bad thing, it's just reality. We all mess up, but we are all learning, and we all get humbled at times and learn through life. Rather, I think it may be arrogant of us to say we are not subject to weakness.

That's how.

So....apologizing for Bush's actions, or lack thereof, is being another Bush????

Campaigning for POTUS is a whole different ball of wax from actually being Potus.

Nothing is cut and dried or black and white.

There are always unintended consequences for everything you do. This is something OL'BO has learned in the last two years.

Gitmo is a case in point. He was all for closing it until he became POTUS and realized he has nowhere to put the detaineees. No one wants them. Unintended consequences. So Gitmo remains open.

Being POTUS must seem like trying to negotiate a minefield at times.

Not a job I would want. Not on your life.

That's how.

So....apologizing for Bush's actions, or lack thereof, is being another Bush????

Lol.....what are you reading? Just words?

Read it again...and this time read it with an oipen mind and not with a mind that it trying to find fault in a post of mine.

How the hell could you not? Everything I've posted in this thread has been about the similarities and at times mirror images between the 2.

The only difference I've seen is Obama isn't as good at fearmongering his own public like Bush did with the "terror" alerts and the color system. But he has 6 more years to get there.

That's how.

Read it again...and this time read it with an oipen mind and not with a mind that it trying to find fault in a post of mine.

I am not trying to find fault in your post. I am just trying to figure out if you believe Obama is nothing more than another Bush....

Hopefully there will come a time where people realize rhetoric and speeches don't matter.

If Obama agrees to meet face to face with some people Bush wouldn't meet with, but makes the same demands face to face that Bush made on camera, what difference does it make?

If the same stuff goes on, why the hell does it matter what's said? Actions>Words

Obama is weak.

Obama says mandates won't work. Obama signs a healthcare law that relies on a mandate.

Obama says Afghanistan is the war we should be fighting. Obama submits a timetable for withdrawl.

Obama says we must be fiscally responsible. Obama increases the deficit by 1.5 trillion dollars.

But he DID invite J. Lo to the White House for the Superbowl so he could watch that booty during the commercial breaks.

I am not trying to find fault in your post. I am just trying to figure out if you believe Obama is nothing more than another Bush....

Me?
Not at all do I think that.

I simply commented on someone elses post that comapred them as very similar in their actions.

And you were trying to find fault in my post....why?

Becuase your original question to me regarding my post was:

In essence...questioning my post and not questioning my sentiments.

There you go again Va...playing your childish games and then trying to make it that you are an innocent poster simply asking innocent questions.

Obama is weak.

I wouldn't call Obama weak. He is a politician and a good one. He will do whatever is needed to accomplish his goals. With the help of a democratic congress, he passed healthcare reform, something no president has done and few have even attempted. He also passed the most sweeping financial reforms in our history, extended unemployment twice, bailed out the financial industry and GM, passed the largest financial stimulus package in history, got the Salt treaty ratified, and abolished Don't Ask Don't Tell; all this in just two years. He of course, paid the price. He stomped all over Republicans in congress, alienated half the nation, and lost the House.

You may not like him, but it would be a mistake to regard him as a weak.

Obama is weak.

I wouldn't call Obama weak. He is a politician and a good one. He will do whatever is needed to accomplish his goals. With the help of a democratic congress, he passed healthcare reform, something no president has done and few have even attempted. He also passed the most sweeping financial reforms in our history, extended unemployment twice, bailed out the financial industry and GM, passed the largest financial stimulus package in history, got the Salt treaty ratified, and abolished Don't Ask Don't Tell; all this in just two years. He of course, paid the price. He stomped all over Republicans in congress, alienated half the nation, and lost the House.

He's weakened America.....therefore he's weak....

....or would you rather call it treasonous....???

Obama is weak.

Hi did not do anything that is treasonous.

In my opinion, he allwed his ideology trump reality and thus he has given America a weaker look to the rest of the world.

He truly believed that if we admit we werre what the world opted to see us as, they would forgive us and let us play their reindeer games.

Maybe...just maybe...if he said

"what you percieve as arrogance is not arrogance...We do not see oursleves as superior...but we see ourselves as a strong nation that is willing to offer assistance whenever and wherever possible...and whereas it may come acorss as arrogance, our intentions are good and by no means arrogant...and we will conentrate on adjusting our approach so our intentions are no longer misconstrued...."

Maybe we would not seem like we have our tails between our legs.

Like Biden said...President is not a learn on the job position.

Obama is weak.

Even if he had weakened American, that would not make him a weak president. History may judge him as poor president but not a weak president. Hitler lead the nation to destruction, but certainly was not a weak leader.

Even if he had weakened American, that would not make him a weak president. History may judge him as poor president but not a weak president. Hitler lead the nation to destruction, but certainly was not a weak leader.

True...

But people feared Germany...even during the waning months.

Forum List

Back