Why is Obama perceived as weak?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
Bush signed the Iraq pullout agreement and Obama couldn't even get the troops out at a Bush pace.

Obama had one war going on when he took office and immediately escalated the fighting and war-spending.

The threats towards Iran have continued.

Sounds like same ol same ol to me, warmongering and nation building. This man should be a hero to those in favor of a neoconservative foreign policy.

Obama's greatest problem is that he has no backbone. He was elected on the premise of rocking the boat. But he was instantly backed into a corner by a short little red headed skeleton from California and was "persuaded" to toe her line as if it were his own. He wants waves made, but is too afraid to make them himself. That is why he is weak.

Bush signed the Iraq pullout agreement and Obama couldn't even get the troops out at a Bush pace.

Obama had one war going on when he took office and immediately escalated the fighting and war-spending.

Sounds like same ol same ol to me, warmongering and nation building. This man should be a hero to those in favor of a neoconservative foreign policy.

One war?

Why? because he talked big of change and then just kept doing things like Bush did.

Not exactly.

Bush broke treaties and faith with the world.

Obama attempted to restore both. For the most part, it's worked. But alot still needs to be done.

Why? because he talked big of change and then just kept doing things like Bush did.

Not exactly.

Obama attempted to restore both. For the most part, it's worked. But alot still needs to be done.

Obama ran on a platform of changing the way things are done in Washington.

He didn't.

He doubled down on it instead.

Obama's greatest problem is that he has no backbone. He was elected on the premise of rocking the boat. But he was instantly backed into a corner by a short little red headed skeleton from California and was "persuaded" to toe her line as if it were his own. He wants waves made, but is too afraid to make them himself. That is why he is weak.

Obama wildly escalated a war started under Bush's watch, if Obama is weak what does that make Bush?

Couldn't I just say he was afraid to escalate the fighting in Afghanistan and spin that into Bush being weak?

Not exactly.

He didn't.

That's ridiculous. And it's the same meme, that when gets played over and over seems to be "reasonable" and not partisan. But it's not..and it's bullshit.

Upon entering office, Obama immediately recinded torture and secret prisons.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/23/us/politics/23GITMOCND.html

He also made it clear that the United States would not use nuclear weapons as a first strike option..a clear break with the Bush administration. He acknowledged "Operation Ajax" and offered the Iranians a path to negotiations in regards to normalizing relations.

Gone is the bellicose tenor of the Bush administration toward the international community.

Not exactly.

He didn't.

That's ridiculous. And it's the same meme, that when gets played over and over seems to be "reasonable" and not partisan. But it's not..and it's bullshit.

He also made it clear that the United States would not use nuclear weapons as a first strike option..a clear break with the Bush administration. He acknowledged "Operation Ajax" and offered the Iranians a path to negotiations in regards to normalizing relations.

Gone is the bellicose tenor of the Bush administration toward the international community.

You avoided what I said....yet used my quote.

Read up on the campaign...

Obama's platform of "change" was based on his promise that he would "change the way things are done in Washington"...referring to the excessive spending, the lobbyists, the back room deals...the partisanship...the old boys club.

One war?

The Iraq pullout was signed before Obama took office, I have no idea why people credit Obama for ending that war.

Actually I do have an idea. Republicans don't want to be seen as "war enders", as the longest war possible is what's best for their p-r and the Democrat p-r machine does want to be seen as war enders to make it seem like their diplomats.

I gotta give them both credit, their p-r campaigns work very well with the images the citizenry and media have of the leaders of the 2 parties.

Why?....because his threats are empty...

Because he has essentially told Iran they are free to develop their nuclear weapons....

Because he bowed and scraped and apologized for America...

Because he sent 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan but then announced that pullout will begin in 18 months...

Because he has given the green light to Hamas and the Paletinian Authority to confront Israel...while he browbeats Israel...

Because the Brotherhood rioters in Egypt have no fear of any recrimination from Obama...

Because in a speech in Egypt he blamed the West for all the problems with Islam...

He didn't.

You avoided what I said....yet used my quote.

Read up on the campaign...

Obama's platform of "change" was based on his promise that he would "change the way things are done in Washington"...referring to the excessive spending, the lobbyists, the back room deals...the partisanship...the old boys club.

There was much more involved in the "change" Obama was referring to then what you have corralled it to be.

And Obama attempted to change the BAU..and by in large, he wasn't successful. But that was one part of his agenda. Had he spent all his energy focusing on it..nothing would have gotten done. So instead, he went with it and focused on the other parts of the agenda.

Adaptation, in my book, is recognizing what you can't and can change. And success is acheived by going with what works.

So you're for Obama setting the policy and punishment of rioters in Egypt?

Wow. That's insane.

One war?

The Iraq pullout was signed before Obama took office, I have no idea why people credit Obama for ending that war.

Actually I do have an idea. Republicans don't want to be seen as "war enders", as the longest war possible is what's best for their p-r and the Democrat p-r machine does want to be seen as war enders to make it seem like their diplomats.

I gotta give them both credit, their p-r campaigns work very well with the images the citizenry and media have of the leaders of the 2 parties.

Neither Iraq or Afghanistan were sold as wars that were intended to go on for a decade or so..and cost billions. President Obama could have pulled a "Nixon" and doubled down on Iraq. Instead he kept by the agreements and began pulling out combat troops.

Because he has essentially told Iran they are free to develop their nuclear weapons....

Because he sent 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan but then announced that pullout will begin in 18 months...

Because he has given the green light to Hamas and the Paletinian Authority to confront Israel...while he browbeats Israel...

Because the Brotherhood rioters in Egypt have no fear of any recrimination from Obama...

Because in a speech in Egypt he blamed the West for all the problems with Islam...

Because he has essentially told Iran they are free to develop their nuclear weapons....Aren't they free to do so? Who are we to tell other countries what they can and cannot do? Additionally, I would love to see your quote from Obama "essentially telling them they are free to develop nuclear weapons"

Because he bowed and scraped and apologized for America...No. Obama apologized for America's previous poor actions in the world. I.e., invading Iraq and disturbing the whole of the ME without probably cause.

Because he sent 30,000 more troops to Afghanistan but then announced that pullout will begin in 18 months...While I completely disagreed with bolstering our forces in an unwinnable military exercise, I don't see how this equates to him being weak?

Because he has given the green light to Hamas and the Paletinian Authority to confront Israel...while he browbeats Israel...Quote please.

Because the Brotherhood rioters in Egypt have no fear of any recrimination from Obama...Why should they? The problems in Egypt, are Egypt's problems. Why should they fear the United States?

Because in a speech in Egypt he blamed the West for all the problems with Islam. Quote please.

Thanks Rush for taking time away from your busy radio schedule to post on my thread.

So far, his threats and Bush's threats towards Iran have been the same thing, empty but who knows what could be coming.

I'd love to see the quote of him telling Iran to go ahead and get nukes, I've seen plenty of him saying the exact opposite.

No he apologized for Bush, standard p-r stuff for the political parties. Same thing Bush did in not blaming Clinton for killing enough people (even though more Iraqi's died from Clinton policies than Bush policies).

Good spin on how escalating warmongering is weak.

Lol wow, yes I'd love to see the quote of him saying "Hamas go get'm!" Have we stopped filling the Israeli gov'ts pockets with our taxpayer dollars under Obama? Hell no and we never will, same as under Bush.

The Egyptian revolution cares more about Egypt than the US, believe it or not, sounds crazy I'm sure.

I need to see your quotes Rush, but again thanks for joining my thread.

Forum List

Back