why is Obama holding America hostage just so he can browbeat the rich?

The issue is we are shifting to a country that spends far more than during the 90's, on military and welfare. The reason many here and Obama himself claim we need to raise taxes is to pay for the deficit, and their "fair share." The "fair share" is of course their fair share of the deficit.

However when asked to provide an approximate number on new revenues on this proposed tax increase most flat out ignore the question. The real answer is it would create very very very little amounts in new revenue. So little that you are still left with well over 1 trillion in annual deficit spending. even a 10 to 1, cuts vs taxes by dollars would not get the annual deficit under 1 trillion. Literally 100 to 1 on cuts VS taxes increases would be in the realm of closing the annual deficit gap. And you would still need a few hundred billion to get there. This is all based of course on IF ALL the “new revenues” are spend 100% only on bringing down the deficit. Hell, Dems are busy starting news wars and raising military spending to record highs, so what are the odds they would use the revenues to pay down a growing deficit.

The conversation is based on either ignorance by many on "the left" (and Obama,) or pure bigotry by those (and Obama) that want to scapegoat "the rich" much like Hitler did to the jews. Taxing more actually does not even kinda sorta fix the problem and "the rich" are paying far more federal taxes (by %) than the poor and in many cases the middle class.

Now all the “taxes for the rich only!!!!!!” people will see is "HITLER!!!" despite it being identically the same and true.

Okay that does nothing to answer the question so I'll ask another one, how does raising the marginal rate on income above 250,000 by 3% scapegoat anyone on any level much less to the level that the Nazi scapegoated the European Jews for the horrible depression Germany experienced in the post WWI?

Throughout history, politicians have needed scapegoats to rally the masses for support.
Obama is using the "rich do not pay their fair share" as his rallying cry. And he has the lemmings in lockstep.

I will agree that the President rally cry has been for the rich to "pay a little more". However I don't think the tax rates of the 90's browbeats anyone and I certainly don't believe the high income earners are being singled out like the Jews were when Hitler took over Germany. That comparison is completely inappropriate to the point of being laughable.

Because the economy is in the circumstances that it is in, raising taxes at this time, will be disastrous.

Obama raising taxes on The Rich in order to help the economy is like an arsonist showing up at a fire he set and trying to put it out with a flame thrower.

Forum List

Back