Why is Obama administration suing Arizona sheriff?

LilOlLady, the DOJ is suing the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office because they are withholding documents that have been requested, especially arrest reports, and because Sheriff's Office employees have been instructed not to speak with the DOJ without a lawyer present.

Right, wrong or indifferent, IMO the DOJ is 100% correct. The documents they want are in the public's view...by what right can they be withheld from anyone requesting them, nevermind the DOJ? As for telling every employee they are "represented by counsel" to quell speech, that blows too.

I'm not happy about the litigation, but I still think DOJ will win. We do not have secret county police in this country; in the normal course, only certain investigative and personnel files should be withheld from view.

You can find a list of those arrest on the Maricopa Sheriff site and DOJ can get them any time they want them and the sheriff department do not have to release them. Maricopa Sheriif Dept is being harrassed by the DOJ department. I don't think Arpiao can be intimidated. He is doing what the Federal Government allow and encourage him to do. Proving racial profiling will be hard. Sheriff Joe do not make mistakes.:clap2:

Plus those he arrest are turned over to ICE and they take it from there. Get the report from them.:eusa_hand:

http://www.mcso.org/

Last edited:
It will all come out in the dirty laundry. And the feds will be smack in the middle of it all.

Plain and simple

because he is effective!

I hope Obama and all his ilk rot in Hell for it too

Thats right... I said it!

This reminds me of the Gestapo methods.

Yes you are right asking people you feel may be illegals for proof they have the right to be in this country and are not in violation of our laws. Is Exactly the same as what the Gestapo did. :) NOT!

The Fact is he is not doing Anything that US border Patrol Agents do not do all the time. Period.

The Real issue here is the Left simply do not want our Laws enforced in anyway. They will attack any attempt to do so.

I know it may not be PC to say this, but when you are in an area where 99.9% of all illegals are Hispanics, who usually do not speak English well. There is nothing wrong with targeting said demographic when looking for illegals. They are not going around randomly asking people for their papers, AS THE BORDER CONTROL CAN LEGALLY DO. They are doing crime sweeps, looking for prostitution, Drug Dealing, and other crimes, and when they get someone who clearly speaks little English, and has no ID to show. They pick them up for being in the country illegally. Which is nothing more than our laws being enforced.

I know the left has convinced us all the Profiling is Racism, but it is not true.

Racism is a feeling of superiority over another Race Based on race alone.

Profiling by race when looking for Illegals in the American SW is not Racism, it is fucking common sense.

Last edited:
They are suing because those in Arizona who had the audacity to hope that we are a nation of laws does not fit in with Obamas agenda.

Why is Obama administration suing an outspoken Arizona sheriff?
:cuckoo:
Some blame 287(g) for giving Arpaio and other local law enforcement agencies across the country the authority to go after illegal immigrants. The program, part of the Immigration and Nationality Act created in 1996, emerged from obscurity after the 9/11 attacks and later morphed into federal-local immigration enforcement whose goals prioritized the arrest and deportation of illegal immigrants charged with crimes.

More than 70 local law enforcement agencies in 26 states are part of 287(g), which has recorded about 118,500 deportations, according to Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Since 2007, 287(g) has allowed the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office to help identify and oust more than 26,000 people living in the United States illegally – the highest tally in the country. Second to Maricopa, Los Angeles County helped deport nearly 14,000 illegal immigrants.

Joe Arpaio: Why is Obama administration suing an outspoken Arizona sheriff? - Yahoo! News
All your rhetoric might be interesting, but the answer to the question is he is refusing to cooperate with a federal investigation into allegations of discrimination and illegal searches and seizures by the department. He's lucky he wasn't arrested.
How can you have an illegal search on an illegal alien? Stop feeling for the illegal aliens. The sherrif is right, the u.s. gov't. is not doing it's job and is blatantly breaking it's own law supporting illegals and he is only doing their job.

I have to admit, the DOJ seems to me to be abusive. There's "prosecutorial discretion"and then there's "abuse of process". If they aren't over the line by now, they are sure as hell near it.

And it pisses me off that I am sitting in Cuyahoga County, where every pol and county contractor is apparently a criminal, but we cannot get these kinds of resources from the feds. Fuck Cleveland (and Chicago, New Orleans, Seattle, etc.). The rights of citizens mean nothing when an illegal alien may have been racially profiled in Arizona.
There is no such thing as racial profiling in the Arizona law. Being retire law enforcement if I pulled over a hispanic in this country I would first ask him or her for their drivers license like I would anybody. If they did not have one I would then check their citizenship. It is not racial profiling, it is doing their job. If they do not like it, then get out of my country.

Many of you don't get it - OBAMA WANTS TO BE A DICTATOR! Pure and simple. WAKE UP AMERICA!

Why is Obama administration suing an outspoken Arizona sheriff?
:cuckoo:
Some blame 287(g) for giving Arpaio and other local law enforcement agencies across the country the authority to go after illegal immigrants. The program, part of the Immigration and Nationality Act created in 1996, emerged from obscurity after the 9/11 attacks and later morphed into federal-local immigration enforcement whose goals prioritized the arrest and deportation of illegal immigrants charged with crimes.

More than 70 local law enforcement agencies in 26 states are part of 287(g), which has recorded about 118,500 deportations, according to Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Since 2007, 287(g) has allowed the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office to help identify and oust more than 26,000 people living in the United States illegally – the highest tally in the country. Second to Maricopa, Los Angeles County helped deport nearly 14,000 illegal immigrants.

Joe Arpaio: Why is Obama administration suing an outspoken Arizona sheriff? - Yahoo! News

Because they can. And it diverts attention from other agendas he tries to slide through, and it helps retain the Hispanic vote. It's all about power and control. He cares nothing for traditional American values or the people of America. He apologies for us to other nations, who see him as weak and inept just as the majority of Americans do.

Forum List

Back