Why is nobody talking about the illegal imprisonment of Kaci Hickox?

The government has had the constitutional power to quarantine individuals for decades. This statement from a lawyer debunks the nonsense you continue to post.

I've said it umpteen times but you don't seem to get it so I'll say it again. Arresting individuals is constitutional. But not all arrests are themselves constitutional. The difference? Probable cause. You're entire tirade in all of this has been nothing more than emotional outlashing.

Your entire tirade started with a lie by saying there was illegal imprisonment. No one was arrested and no one was put in prison. A perfectly legal and reasonable quarantine was what happened.

health care workers returning from Ebola affected countries all have a small but nonetheless actual possibility of infection

we do not know at what point a person becomes contagious

and it has been demonstrated that we can not trust the

good will of those returning to self monitor

the quarantine is a must

The United States is an Ebola infected country.

Not yet, but Science is your forte'

STANFORD, Calif. (AP) -- Top medical experts studying the spread of Ebola say the public should expect more cases to emerge in the United States by year's end as infected people arrive here from West Africa, including American doctors and nurses returning from the hot zone and people fleeing from the deadly disease.

But how many cases?

No one knows for sure how many infections will emerge in the U.S. or anywhere else, but scientists have made educated guesses based on data models that weigh hundreds of variables, including daily new infections in West Africa, airline traffic worldwide and transmission possibilities.

This week, several top infectious disease experts ran simulations for The Associated Press that predicted as few as one or two additional infections by the end of 2014 to a worst-case scenario of 130.

News from The Associated Press

Not yet, but Science is your forte'

:wtf: Do you have a brain tumor? You're raging about Ebola cases in the United States, but turn around and say that there aren't any?

I didn't say anything. I posted an article quoting scientists with the link.

"This week, several top infectious disease experts ran simulations for The Associated Press that predicted as few as one or two additional infections by the end of 2014 to a worst-case scenario of 130."

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

In life, members of project America have names. Her name is Kaci Hickox.

kaci.jpg

Members of project America also have rights. They have the right to move about and live their lives without the government arbitrarily arresting and imprisoning them without good cause. Or, as a wiser man once said: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. So why is nobody talking about Kaci Hickox? Why has nobody objected? Why is it that no one has blinked an eye? That Kaci Hickox can be arrested and imprisoned without warrant, without probable cause, without so much as a sneeze or even a whisper is testament of the power of Ebola fever--that most dangerous of diseases whereby fear dissolves all reason and love for liberty.

This is the United States of goddamned America! Is there none left who cherish their liberty?

Not one false conservative who claims to abhor over intrusive government has said a thing. Nor one Democrat who allege to stand guard against abuses the states may make against the principles of our federal protections. None can seem to give care of what this portends of the freedom of every single citizen. I challenge you now, look upon the face of Kaci Hickox and ignore this travesty of justice.

Could be because she's a sociopath who having exposed herself to ebola, a deadly Hemorrhagic Virus... and whose lack of sufficient means to reason to provide her the means to understand that such represents an inherent threat to everyone else. Thus she fails to recognize the responsibilities that sustain her rights... and we, the Americans don't give a red rats about her subjective NEEDS.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

kaci.jpg

Members of project America also have rights. They have the right to move about and live their lives without the government arbitrarily arresting and imprisoning them without good cause. Or, as a wiser man once said: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. So why is nobody talking about Kaci Hickox? Why has nobody objected? Why is it that no one has blinked an eye? That Kaci Hickox can be arrested and imprisoned without warrant, without probable cause, without so much as a sneeze or even a whisper is testament of the power of Ebola fever--that most dangerous of diseases whereby fear dissolves all reason and love for liberty.

This is the United States of goddamned America! Is there none left who cherish their liberty?

Not one false conservative who claims to abhor over intrusive government has said a thing. Nor one Democrat who allege to stand guard against abuses the states may make against the principles of our federal protections. None can seem to give care of what this portends of the freedom of every single citizen. I challenge you now, look upon the face of Kaci Hickox and ignore this travesty of justice.

Could be because she's a sociopath who having exposed herself to ebola, a deadly Hemorrhagic Virus... and whose lack of sufficient means to reason to provide her the means to understand that such represents an inherent threat to everyone else. Thus she fails to recognize the responsibilities that sustain her rights... and we, the Americans don't give a red rats about her subjective NEEDS.

Yer funny. She has put two very accomplished "tough guy" governors in their place. Who is next?

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

kaci.jpg

Yer funny. She has put two very accomplished "tough guy" governors in their place. Who is next?

Nature... Nature is next... Who will put her and the rest of the 'Ebola isn't need for concern' crowd into the "MORONS OF THE UNIVERSE" isolation zone.

You know what that is... That's the place where NONE of you idiots will admit to EVER HAVING CLAIMED that 'Ebola isn't need for concern'. Feigning that you ALWAYS took the otherwise OBVIOUS threat as seriously as it always SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKEN.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

kaci.jpg

Nature... Nature is next... Who will put her and the rest of the 'Ebola isn't need for concern' crowd into the "MORONS OF THE UNIVERSE" isolation zone.

You know what that is... That's the place where NONE of you idiots will admit to EVER HAVING CLAIMED that 'Ebola isn't need for concern'. Feigning that you ALWAYS took the otherwise OBVIOUS threat as seriously as it always SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKEN.

I'll have some of whatever he's having!

I wonder.....have any people had a change of heart on this issue yet? Anyone who initially supported quarantining this nurse now believe that was not necessary?

Anyone who initially supported quarantining this nurse now believe that was not necessary?

no

not everyone who is quarantined comes down with the disease

As she has said that she will violate her voluntary quarantine (she shouldn't have been trusted in the first place) the governor is sending the state police to make sure she keeps her word.
Maine seeks legal powers to force nurse into quarantine
The only reason she is in the news is because she sought attention for a lawsuit. I returned from that area a week ago. I have Ebola and am sick as hell. But I will be going to your local mall later to pick up some things. But I have not been on Fox news so I can guarantee no one including yourself is going to care I was there.

If you're serious you should be locked up.

If you're not serious, never mind.
Sorry for not responding sooner. As I said I have been sick. I currently am running a temperature so excuse any grammatical errors. If I was not serious I would not have said it. I was in Liberia two weeks ago now and I have the sniffles and a fever. So based on Fox News standards that means I have Ebola and should be locked up right? I went to the mall like I said. It was the Mall of America if you are interested. I must have sneezed around a few thousand people. So I guess we'll know in a couple of weeks when the outbreak happens. That aside I predicted none of the national media that I did not seek attention from would report on my post on this obscure forum. In the last four days they have not. And even giving the details as to where I have been I guarantee they still won't. Why? Because the whole panic is ratings driven.

If you had been there as a healthcare volunteer and were in contact with Ebola infected patients, you either have Ebola, the flu or a common cold. If it is Ebola, you will die in the next few days. The media does not fall for scams very often, but if you go to a Doctor for treatment, you will probably be tested for Ebola. Only a damned fool would not see his Doctor if what you say is true.
I dunno if they were a healthcare worker. But quit making crap up. If you have Ebola in a third world country only 50% die on average. That aside the elephant in the room remains. Why has no one from the CDC, CNN, FOX, MSNBC or anyone walking though the Mall that day reacted to their post? Answer is the regular folks don't consider it to be an issue. As far as the media goes it is a ratings driven story. There is no money or ratings to be had from some sick guy (or girl) on an obscure internets forum. If you believe this is not true and are as concerned as you claim, why have you not been our hero and reported it to the CDC? You could tell everyone how you got a thousand people quarantined and single handedly saved the US.

As she has said that she will violate her voluntary quarantine (she shouldn't have been trusted in the first place) the governor is sending the state police to make sure she keeps her word.
Maine seeks legal powers to force nurse into quarantine
The only reason she is in the news is because she sought attention for a lawsuit. I returned from that area a week ago. I have Ebola and am sick as hell. But I will be going to your local mall later to pick up some things. But I have not been on Fox news so I can guarantee no one including yourself is going to care I was there.

If you're serious you should be locked up.

If you're not serious, never mind.
Sorry for not responding sooner. As I said I have been sick. I currently am running a temperature so excuse any grammatical errors. If I was not serious I would not have said it. I was in Liberia two weeks ago now and I have the sniffles and a fever. So based on Fox News standards that means I have Ebola and should be locked up right? I went to the mall like I said. It was the Mall of America if you are interested. I must have sneezed around a few thousand people. So I guess we'll know in a couple of weeks when the outbreak happens. That aside I predicted none of the national media that I did not seek attention from would report on my post on this obscure forum. In the last four days they have not. And even giving the details as to where I have been I guarantee they still won't. Why? Because the whole panic is ratings driven.

If you had been there as a healthcare volunteer and were in contact with Ebola infected patients, you either have Ebola, the flu or a common cold. If it is Ebola, you will die in the next few days. The media does not fall for scams very often, but if you go to a Doctor for treatment, you will probably be tested for Ebola. Only a damned fool would not see his Doctor if what you say is true.
I dunno if they were a healthcare worker. But quit making crap up. If you have Ebola in a third world country only 50% die on average. That aside the elephant in the room remains. Why has no one from the CDC, CNN, FOX, MSNBC or anyone walking though the Mall that day reacted to their post? Answer is the regular folks don't consider it to be an issue. As far as the media goes it is a ratings driven story. There is no money or ratings to be had from some sick guy (or girl) on an obscure internets forum. If you believe this is not true and are as concerned as you claim, why have you not been our hero and reported it to the CDC? You could tell everyone how you got a thousand people quarantined and single handedly saved the US.
Only 50% die??:disbelief:

Only half die?

Guess you guys feel that only half of us should die and die quickly it appears.

Pretty pathetic buddy.

FYI, over 60% of everyone who contracts it dies. That's extremely high. That means in almost 70% of all cases it is fatal. If you catch it, chances are pretty good
.............you're a Deadman.

Wrap your brain around that bud.:hmpf:

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

Her name is Kaci Hickox.

kaci.jpg

We shouldn't care what this selfish, narcissistic bitch wants......she should simply be quarantined. End of story.

Only 50% die??:disbelief:

Only half die?

Guess you guys feel that only half of us should die and die quickly it appears.

Pretty pathetic buddy.

FYI, over 60% of everyone who contracts it dies. That's extremely high. That means in almost 70% of all cases it is fatal. If you catch it, chances are pretty good
.............you're a Deadman.

Wrap your brain around that bud.:hmpf:
Wrap your brain around the fact this thread isn't about Liberia. We're talking about here where hospitals aren't a bunch of tents in mud filled villages with dirty water. But on that point where those hospitals exist the death rate is lower than the 70%.

As far as the rest goes it is nonsense. I made no comment about doing nothing. Just the opposite.

Forum List

Back