Why is Mitt?

All I know is that Romney better start hitting hard and fast and not let up until the day after the election. Every day that President Obama is out there telling his lies, the more money he will collect and the harder it will be for Romney to even get close to winning the Presidency.

This country can not afford four more years of President Obama. Mitt Romney has to win as does the GOP needs to hold the house and take the Senate. All the damage the left has done needs to be fixed and quick.

Willard is a punk bitch that his own party doesn't even like. Obama is going to swiftboat Willard's ass all the way till' election day on him not showing his papers, and will give him the win.

So what year did you get out of prison?

The palace guards in the Obama friendly media are helping to protect their failure....They print all the lies that Pelosi, Reid, and Obama produce.....

Anyway, Mitt is a strong finisher. I have confidence that he'll close the deal. We'll get a huge boost of momentum from the Convention and the 6 weeks leading up to Election day will decide the deal.....

I believe you're correct that the press is making a difference in driving the debate topics. They are doing all that they can to try to keep Obama's negatives tamped down while ramping up any mistakes by Team Romney. I also agree with the following article that Republicans are much tougher on our candidate than the Democrats are. I wish that many conservatives would quit worrying so much about what the Democrats think of our candidate. They aren't going to vote for him anyway.

Separated and Unequal
By MARK HALPERIN | August 9, 2012

There has been barely a squawk from any significant and/or loud Democratic voice over Harry Reid’s tax accusations or the new Obama super PAC ad.

And yet when Romney spokesperson Andrea Saul makes some stray, random remark about health care, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, and Erick Erickson go code red in their criticism of Romney and his campaign.

Read more: Separated and Unequal | The Page by Mark Halperin | TIME.com

The ONLY things that matter is:

A. Romney does well in the debates
B. Romney has a lot of cash to spend in the last six weeks.

he has plenty of cash for ads......just hope they're good enough.....

That's why he has to do well in the debates. So he can drive those points home with ads in the final stretch.

Also, giving a good moving speech or two would help since Americans are motivated by entertainment.

I also agree with the following article that Republicans are much tougher on our candidate than the Democrats are.

Somehow I don't think the reason wingnuts flew into a rage yesterday when Romney's spokesperson praised Obama's health care policy was that they were worrying about what Democrats think of Romney.

I've been saying this for months. Most hardcore Romney supporters mock me for being impatient and such but Obama is winning the only battle that matters at the moment.....image.

I bumped one of my old threads tonight for this very reason. I truly believe Romney would be a better leader and far better for the economy. Sadly my influence doesn't go beyond my small group of family and employees.

If Romney doesn't get his grove on, and soon, he's done. Only a further crashing economy will save him at that point and that is bad news for all of us. All these libs that say we or I root for bad numbers on the economy are as dumb as the blind followers of Romney.

Get with the program Romney!

Whose image of Romney are you concerned about? MSNBC's? David Axelrod's? I've read a lot of your posts and I have to say that you seem to be spending your time being needlessly embarrassed and disappointed in Romney because he isn't playing the democrats game. Think back to the McCain campaign. McCain tried to change Democrats mind about himself and it just made him weak and whiny. I've been pleased to see Romney not acting like McCain. Let's not do the Democrat's job for them and bash our own candidate over the little things. If we beat up on our candidate, how do you think THAT image plays with independents?

I also agree with the following article that Republicans are much tougher on our candidate than the Democrats are.

Somehow I don't think the reason wingnuts flew into a rage yesterday when Romney's spokesperson praised Obama's health care policy was that they were worrying about what Democrats think of Romney.

Probably not, but there were better ways to handle the issue.

I've been saying this for months. Most hardcore Romney supporters mock me for being impatient and such but Obama is winning the only battle that matters at the moment.....image.

I bumped one of my old threads tonight for this very reason. I truly believe Romney would be a better leader and far better for the economy. Sadly my influence doesn't go beyond my small group of family and employees.

If Romney doesn't get his grove on, and soon, he's done. Only a further crashing economy will save him at that point and that is bad news for all of us. All these libs that say we or I root for bad numbers on the economy are as dumb as the blind followers of Romney.

Whose image of Romney are you concerned about? MSNBC's? David Axelrod's? I've read a lot of your posts and I have to say that you seem to be spending your time being needlessly embarrassed and disappointed in Romney because he isn't playing the democrats game. Think back to the McCain campaign. McCain tried to change Democrats mind about himself and it just made him weak and whiny. I've been pleased to see Romney not acting like McCain. Let's not do the Democrat's job for them and bash our own candidate over the little things. If we beat up on our candidate, how do you think THAT image plays with independents?

I'm worried about the only image that counts. The one the public percieves.

And McCain tried to play nice, nothing more.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Your only mirror on that image right now is coming from the MSM that is invested in portraying him negatively. The only way right now to get the positive image out is for those that want Romney to win, to project that image.

Rich dilettant who thought it would be a lark to run for President for 6 years?

a_backus_i.jpg

Rich dilettant who thought it would be a lark to run for President for 6 years?

a_backus_i.jpg

Successful businessman who understands that Obama is fast on his way to driving this economy over the cliff. We saw Obama's business sense with Solyndra. Haven't ALL the green energy businesses he gave his campaign bundlers our money for gone bankrupt? A man who will be able to get the first budget we've had in more than three years passed.

McCain was a wimp who kept his real attack dog (Palin) on a too short leash....

Romney hasn't tried to 'play nice' but he also hasn't gone ballistic either....his responses to their various accusations haves been pretty level-headed....i'm hoping his future VP will do lots of the nasty attack legwork for him...letting him remain "presidential"....

in any case....who's paying attention in August.......? (except for us political addicts)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Why is Mitt Romney allowing President Obama to dictate the issues and how Mitt Romney runs his campaign?

Because Romney is weak and incompetent. Based on the disaster that is his campaign thus far, it’s easy to imagine the disaster his administration would be.

Technically, he's not the Republican nominee yet. So he is still campaigning to be that. Given that goal, he's run an excellent campaign.

Obama will be the focus after the convention. I'm not sure you're gonna like what's in store.

• Thanks
Why is Mitt Romney allowing President Obama to dictate the issues and how Mitt Romney runs his campaign?

The biggest reason he is on the run, dihonesty. It is his own fault for flip flopping so often that he has taken both sides on every issue. Then you have his lies about Bain capital and his time there. You couple that with the fact he is not really liked, and he is relying on not being Obama for support from his own party and he has to defend himself. On top of that he has probably surrounded himself with yes men all of his life and this has caused him to be piss poor at a real argument, and huis lack of high end political argument has not helped him much at all.
I notice this a while back, how everything that Romney does is usually in response to something that the President says or does. He is allowing the President to talk about what the President wants and Romney can't get a word in at all. By the time Romney comes out with a response, President Obama and his people are on to the next thing which knocks Romney back on his heels yet again.

Again this goes back to his big selling point. His campaign has been based on the idea he is not obama, which means you have to let Obama take the lead and then disagree with him. It is the problem with running a pure anti-campaign. Also, when one of your accomplishments is the implementation of a policy your people have demonized you opponent for you really can't take credit for what you did. When your other big accomplishment is also your bain then you can't even rely on that record. Romney cannot even stand on the fact he goes to church like other republicans do because that would be advertising he is a mormon, and his party is full of hate towards mormons.
Dear Mitt,

Get your head out of your ass and forget about what the President is doing. Start attacking everything, EVERYTHING that President Obama has done. From his church and Rev. Write

This cannot be done because the right has chosen to identify Obama as a secret muslim. Advertising he goes to a christian church and hammering him for it undermines your biggest attack on him. Also, McCain already did this and failed with it, and he was a much stronger candidate than mittens is. He was christian and a war hero. Mitt is a muslim who dodged the draft by going to france to recruit for his cult. Obama will turn this on him fast, and then he will be on the fence again when he declares obama is a christian and people start bringing up the facts about his religion and his family. You do know his family moved to mexico to avoid US restrictions on polygamy, right? That is already out there by his father's own admission, and he certainly doesn't want that in the news.
to his mentors to his time as Senator to his time as a community organizer to the economy to unemployment to healthcare.

His one term as senator and his inexperience with the executive branch are no longer valid attacks as he has 4 years of experience and presidential record to back him on. Good attack for McCain, but it failed then,. and it is piss poor now. His time as a community organizer is not a fail point. he has succesfully brought the economy into recovery and even saved GM which is a popular american company. Unemployment has been dropping since the recovery. Obama actually did something about the healthcare system that was screwing a lot of people, and now people are seeing the benefits obamacare has. It was also declared constitutional so they cannot even attack that. oh, and let us not forget Romney started the mandate in MA, and he even claimed it was important for the survival of the insurance companies. Now you have his people telling others that had one of the people who Romney laid off at bain been in MA where they had the mandate his wife would have lived. All of those arguments are failing or have failed.
Hit one, then two days later hit another then three days later hit another then after a day go back to the first thing but with different facts.
Only a republican would think facts change as per the day.
Mitt, you have the money. The longer you wait, the harder it's going to be to get your message across. The President is changing people's minds by telling lies and misleading the people causing them to forget that there are no jobs, the economy sucks, that healthcare is going to cost the American taxpayer trillions upon trillions of $.

problem is that those are the lies.
Seriously, it's time to start campaigning. Let's get it going! DANM!

Your friend,
CrazedScotsman

Mitt is doomed. unless obama fucks up big time he is in deep trouble. All those argument have failed, and Obama still has not finished with dirt on Mitt. Obama has already spent four year being attacked, and the republicans are just making shit up now. meanwhile obama keeps coming up with real shit, and romney keeps fucking up like with his trip to europe and isreal.

good luck with your guy. Don't get too bothered in november, and remember there is only four more years and perhaps the dems won't have a good candidate in 2016.

Romney hasn't tried to 'play nice' but he also hasn't gone ballistic either....his responses to their various accusations haves been pretty level-headed....i'm hoping his future VP will do lots of the nasty attack legwork for him...letting him remain "presidential"....

in any case....who's paying attention in August.......? (except for us political addicts)

McCain was a wimp eh?

The guy volunteered to fight in Vietnam, endured torture and when he had a chance to get out of the Vietnamese hell hole he balked..and let the guys that were there longer go home first.

Yeah..real wimp.

Unlike Romney..who when his turn came to bat to fight for his country..he protested to have the government tap other men to do that..and went to France instead..to annoy the French about Mormonism.

Gotta love it.

Mitt Romney had an entire very long primary season to define himself to voters without interference from the Dems. But during that period he was too busy pandering to the far right to spend any time actually defining who he is and what he believes.

Right about the day he locked up the nomination, the Obama campaign and liberal groups went ahead and provided the definition of Romney for voters, and the Romney's campaign response was so impotent that the Obama definition stuck - and it now defines him in the mind of most Americans.

Part genius on the Obama supporters part, part pure incompetence and blindness to reality on Romney's part. The man is running against an 8.3% unemployment rate and some of the most pessimistic Americans in history...and getting his ass kicked. How embarrassing...

I think the problem- as I've stated elsewhere, is that you think you can give people enough reasons to vote against Obama, they will vote for your guy by default. It doesn't work that way.

McCain lost because he supported wars that were massively unpopular and the economy tanked while his party was at the helm. It had nothing to do with how mean he was going to be against Obama. He would have just looked shrill and mean-spirited by doing so.

The kind of people who get upset about Reverand Wright were going to vote for McCain, anyway. They'll vote for Romney, anyway, ignoring some of the religous stuff Romney believes in is far crazier than Wright.

YOu can give me good reasons all day as to why Obama doesn't really deserve a second term. I might even agree with some of them. You have given me very few reasons why Romney would be better, and frankly, his secrecy on stuff makes me wonder what he's hiding.

New Topics

Forum List

Back