Why Is Merely POINTING OUT Racism Worse Than ACTUAL Racism To So Many on The Right??

Why do so many on the Right feel this way?

Anyone...?

It wouldn't be, except that 99% of the racism accusations coming from the left aren't actually racism. If someone criticizes Obama then they are labeled racist by the left. With the exception of the very very few militant white supremists still slithering around out there, there is very little ACTUAL racism going on.

But so many on the Right keep saying the worlds holds no more meaning because of it's misuse and abuse.

So what is it? Either its still a very powerful word, allegation, or it isn't.

To me, it remains a powerful word that should be used sparingly, and only when there is sufficient evidence to justify it.

Those who are are quick to find racism are the ones that are racist.

Thanks for identifying yourself and what you stand for with that lovely Avatar.

:thup:

Thanks for proving my point.

My avatar is a Confederate battle flag and part of my heritage. If you weren't such an ignorant racist you would know that many blacks fought for the south.

It always amazes me the ignorance of the people who point to that flag and automatically think racism.

Your analogy is as weak as your mind.
The anology is spot on.

And the only flag that Americans should be so proud of is the old stars and stripes.

That flag stands for the racism, prejudices, lifestyle and pride of the Segregated South.

why do you condone racism? wassamatter? cat got your tongue?

Discussing racism with that assclown is a demonstration in futility.... he has proven himself to be a racist POS.

And to think I considered him a friend at one time... sad if ya ask me.

Republicans long for the days when in a group of 10 guys, 9 were bigots and 1 was a liberal. Today we outnumber the right wing bigots 8 to 2 or 7 to 3 at best. They outnumber us 6-4 down south.

Anyone...?

It wouldn't be, except that 99% of the racism accusations coming from the left aren't actually racism. If someone criticizes Obama then they are labeled racist by the left. With the exception of the very very few militant white supremists still slithering around out there, there is very little ACTUAL racism going on.

Let me ask you a question. Do you consider the quote in this linked post to be racist?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-relations-racism/220037-is-this-racist.html#post5176490

In response to your post, I think things are significantly better than they've ever been. However, I've seen a lot of people make racist comments in regards to the Trayvon Martin case. I find it pretty disheartening, to be honest.

Republicans long for the days when in a group of 10 guys, 9 were bigots and 1 was a liberal. Today we outnumber the right wing bigots 8 to 2 or 7 to 3 at best. They outnumber us 6-4 down south.

I long for the day when you will finally realize your own stupidity and shut the fuck up. :eusa_whistle:

One must first investigate before they can find.
:eusa_shhh:

Most just make the jump

I agree, some people do jump, without being sure where they're jumping. It's a pretty reactionary thing.

On the flip side, a poster here has made egregiously racist statements over the past couple of days, and then accused me of being a racist for pointing out the fact that his posts are racially biased.

It is what it is. Most people don't want to touch the sticky subject of race.
Most white people I'd say. Black folks are quite prepared and ready to discuss this topic.

I believe that the reason you listed is perhaps the same reason why so many whites, particularly on the right seems to be of the belief that Obama is the most racially divisive President in history.

You see, with finally having a black President, race is constantly in your face. So many white folks, particularly on the right, his internalized and/or interpreted that as Obama being the racially divisive one, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

A clear example is when Obama made a totally correct, proper and related statement saying that IF he had a son he would look like Trayvon. That is a true statement, Trayvon did actually look more like our President than he did any of his own parents. The President made a statement that was proper and also deferring to the victim's parents in the time of grief. Yet, the RepubliCON$ managed to turn and twist that into a racist and/or racially divisive statement.

The truth of the matter is, just about everything and anything Obama says will be racially divisive to those people, simply due to it coming from Obama's mouth...the first black President.

But so many on the Right keep saying the worlds holds no more meaning because of it's misuse and abuse.

Stop with the blanket statements, Marc, and name names.

What is so wrong with being tired of being called a racist for the slightest thing?

If I was to tell you that our local KFC is in the black, you'd focus on the race aspect rather than the economical implications.

:eusa_hand:

Last edited:
It always amazes me the ignorance of the people who point to that flag and automatically think racism.

Oh, that's right. It's "history not hate."

Yeah. Interestingly enough, though, the people who'd choose that as an avatar on an online forum are almost all racist fucktards.

Coincidink? I think not.

But according to many on the right, the term has been so misused, that it no longer has any meaning and/or holds any more weight.

So why the outcry for merely POINTING racism out?

Very confusing...:cuckoo:

I think that most people are rightfully wary of being labeled as racists, because that shit can fuck you up.

I mean, look what it did to Shirley Sherrod's life.

In essence, it's a label that can destroy you professionally, and which can be very difficult to disprove. In essence, in many cases, people who are accused of racism are assumed to be guilty until they prove themselves innocent. And, there isn't any kind of objective standard for how it's applied.

If someone makes racist comments, I'm going to point out the fact that their comments are racist. But, I don't think people clearly understand even what the term means right now, they're just deathly afraid of being labeled and professionally destroyed.

Let me clue you in here. You take claims by some people that say racism has no meaning, and you take claims by COMPLETELY different people that being accused of racism is hurtful, and you mash them together and tell us that it's the same people.

Is it clear now?

Thanks for identifying yourself and what you stand for with that lovely Avatar.

:thup:

Thanks for proving my point.

My avatar is a Confederate battle flag and part of my heritage. If you weren't such an ignorant racist you would know that many blacks fought for the south.

It strengthens my opinion that it's racist people who find racism where it none exist.

If you mention Obama and fried chicken or watermelon... etc..in the same sentence a racist will say that it was racist to say such a thing.

I think that most people are rightfully wary of being labeled as racists, because that shit can fuck you up.

I mean, look what it did to Shirley Sherrod's life.

In essence, it's a label that can destroy you professionally, and which can be very difficult to disprove. In essence, in many cases, people who are accused of racism are assumed to be guilty until they prove themselves innocent. And, there isn't any kind of objective standard for how it's applied.

If someone makes racist comments, I'm going to point out the fact that their comments are racist. But, I don't think people clearly understand even what the term means right now, they're just deathly afraid of being labeled and professionally destroyed.

Let me clue you in here. You take claims by some people that say racism has no meaning, and you take claims by COMPLETELY different people that being accused of racism is hurtful, and you mash them together and tell us that it's the same people.

Is it clear now?

Here's the thing about that though...I never see one correcting the other. So it comes off as trying to have your cake and eat it too.

Clear as mud?

It strengthens my opinion that it's racist people who find racism where it none exist.

If you mention Obama and fried chicken or watermelon... etc..in the same sentence a racist will say that it was racist to say such a thing.
Key word here folks...opinion.

Yep.

hilarious.jpg

Yeah. Interestingly enough, though, the people who'd choose that as an avatar on an online forum are almost all racist fucktards.

Coincidink? I think not.

This guy must be a racist huh?

Black Confederate - YouTube

The same with these men.

ffusctre.jpg

Sunday in the South: Black History Month in Whiteville, NC

Anyone...?

Let me ask you a question. Do you consider the quote in this linked post to be racist?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-relations-racism/220037-is-this-racist.html#post5176490

It appears Ravi posted it completely out of context (I know, no surprise right). As it sits there, it is racist.

In response to your post, I think things are significantly better than they've ever been. However, I've seen a lot of people make racist comments in regards to the Trayvon Martin case. I find it pretty disheartening, to be honest.

I believe that 99% of the racist comments concerning the Trayvon Martin case are made by supporters of Martin. (The racist garbage from the one or two resident white supremists not withstanding).

Most white people I'd say. Black folks are quite prepared and ready to discuss this topic.

I believe that the reason you listed is perhaps the same reason why so many whites, particularly on the right seems to be of the belief that Obama is the most racially divisive President in history.

You see, with finally having a black President, race is constantly in your face. So many white folks, particularly on the right, his internalized and/or interpreted that as Obama being the racially divisive one, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

A clear example is when Obama made a totally correct, proper and related statement saying that IF he had a son he would look like Trayvon. That is a true statement, Trayvon did actually look more like our President than he did any of his own parents. The President made a statement that was proper and also deferring to the victim's parents in the time of grief. Yet, the RepubliCON$ managed to turn and twist that into a racist and/or racially divisive statement.

The truth of the matter is, just about everything and anything Obama says will be racially divisive to those people, simply due to it coming from Obama's mouth...the first black President.

I don't consider Obama particularly divisive on the subject of race. But then, I'm a white woman who works in a predominantly minority field in communities with large populations of brown and black people. I've had people LITERALLY in my face making racial comments, so there's nothing that Obama's done that is particularly troubling to me, in comparison. And, I don't have any problems talking about race, because it's something I've had to do--alot--for both personal and professional reasons.

Plus, my kids are half-Filipino, and have friends who are a veritable rainbow coalition.

So, in my house, race is just a sort of constant background noise. It's never not there, but most of the time, I just accept it and don't pay a lot of attention to it, until something shoves it my face again.

It is what it is, which is basically how my black friends seem to think about the subject.

Last edited:

Coincidink? I think not.
It's so blatant.

These people were fighting to maintain their bigotry, racism, prejudice and segregation. That's what their flag stood for, and they lost. Yet, you find many today carrying that same VERY SYMBOLIC flag around TRYING to PRETEND that that's not what it's about.

Uncanny!

*SMH*

Forum List

Back