CDZ Why is lying on the campaign trail legal?

Free speech.
Besides, without lies, the Right wing would have nothing.

Ya know it's funny I actually did believe obama in 2008 with "hope and change" a "transparent government " I thought him being a black guy, a outsider, he would have been different .

But that dude was the worse of the worse in his lies, with white people I wouldn't have felt let down as I did with obama.

You feel more let down by Obama because he is black! That's racist!
I intended my statement to be humorous. That being said, most humorous statements need an element of truth to be funny. I can understand that you felt more let down by Obama because you had higher expectations for him as the first black president.

That's not why people had high expectations for him.
Apparently bear513 did because he was black (and an outsider).
Hope and Change -- Hope and Change!

Well I knew Damn well if it was a carrier white politician I wouldn't have believed it, no one would

Free speech.
Besides, without lies, the Right wing would have nothing.

Ya know it's funny I actually did believe obama in 2008 with "hope and change" a "transparent government " I thought him being a black guy, a outsider, he would have been different .

But that dude was the worse of the worse in his lies, with white people I wouldn't have felt let down as I did with obama.

You feel more let down by Obama because he is black! That's racist!
I intended my statement to be humorous. That being said, most humorous statements need an element of truth to be funny. I can understand that you felt more let down by Obama because you had higher expectations for him as the first black president.

That's not why people had high expectations for him.
Apparently bear513 did because he was black (and an outsider).
Hope and Change -- Hope and Change!

That "s/he's an outsider" based hope is sophistic. Once one becomes elected, if not sooner, one necessarily becomes an insider. Individuals who use their business position or personal wealth to influence legislative and regulatory decision making are just as much insiders; they just aren't well known by the general public whereas elected and appointed officials are at least known merely because their name is published as having something to do with a given law or regulation's enactment or enforcement. Who were/are these people? Some examples:
  • Board members of the Media Ratings Council
  • Justices on the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court
  • Execs and board members of Mindgeek
  • Andrew "Yoda" Marshall
  • Vernon Jordan
  • Kaushik Basu
  • Ding Xuedong
  • The lobbyists engaged by Fortune 500 companies

In the case of Barack Obama, the idea that his blackness made him an outsider is just absurd. The man is a trained attorney and among the most capable ones minted. That alone made him a legal insider. Then he won elected offices, making him more of an insider.

As for the "change" thing, perhaps the type of change certain audience members sought and the type Mr. Obama was offering aren't the same things? For my own part, I think folks are naive if they think all that much is actually going to change merely because of who becomes President. I mean really...we don't elect absolute monarchs/dictators; we elect Presidents and ask them to implement their vision with the same damn Congress members that were in place before the new President. Just how much change is going to happen in that scenario? In my mind, not much at all.

Forum List

Back