Why is Liberal a 4 Letter Word?

dilloduck said:
Flaming??---I'm operating with constraint !

Damn...you have way more patience than I...this person needs to mellow out...less they give themselves a hernia... from taking themselves too seriously! :huh:

Max Power said:
Then perhaps you would like to elaborate on what exactly you know about my nature?
you asked me for one example---I could give you a million

I gave you one--just one and you didn't like it

That's how I can tell your nature!

Why is there such a necessity to label everyone as "liberal" or "conservative?"
Do we all need labels? Should all "liberals" be assigned a Scarlet Letter, sort of like the Jews were in Nazi Germany?

"You damn liberal! We're all coming to burn down your business tonight! Get out of town or die!" :dev2:

Gabriella84 said:
Do we all need labels? Should all "liberals" be assigned a Scarlet Letter, sort of like the Jews were in Nazi Germany?

"You damn liberal! We're all coming to burn down your business tonight! Get out of town or die!" :dev2:
Haven't seen the above happening, but I've read a lot of, "NeoCon=Stupid" pronouncements from you.

manu1959 said:
how about that you can'twear perfume or colonge to city meeting in california
Never heard of that. Link?

dilloduck said:
I thought that's the only thing a modern day lib cared about---doing anything they feel like!
Damn straight. That's what it's like to live in a free country!

freeandfun1 said:
A more apt six letter word for liberal is....COWARD!
If you think that someone who puts priority on personal freedoms is a coward, I guess George Washington and pretty much all of our founding fathers are cowards.

fuzzykitten99 said:
because in liberal minds, nothing is absolute, so they make up their own language

LOL That's a funny one.

Gabriella84 said:

That's weak. Next time someone calls you a troll, remember this post. Nothing but a weak attempt to associate yourself with someone that is being treaty unfairly, and an extreme case at that.

Well, anyway...

I think I'm as guilty as anybody of classifying all Liberals as one. Generally speaking, when someone is talking about Liberals, they are talking about the far left wing Liberals. Cherry picking the Constitution, twisting what they don't pick, putting no worth in personal responsibility, constantly complaining about the government getting involved in our lives, yet wanting the government to provide them with every thing. Reminds me a bit of a spoiled teenager. This isn't literally what every Liberal is, though some others aren't far off.

In the whining about Liberals, what has been lost is that Liberals do the same thing to Conservatives. To a Liberal, every Conservative is a "religious fanatic", even though not every Conservative is particularly religious. To a Liberal, every Conservative is racist, and that most certainly is not the case.

Comparing a "classic Liberal" to a Liberal of today is comparing apples to oranges. Thomas Jefferson probably turns over in his grave at what the average Liberal has become, and even Franklin Roosevelt is more along the lines of today's Moderate Republican.

But, that's just my opinion.

Gabriella84 said:

Dude you are so right. I mean, today, I wanted to go over to a friend's house. So I got in my automobile, and turned it on using the key...just like they did in Nazi Gemany! Is that scary or what?

Jimmyeatworld said:
That's weak. Next time someone calls you a troll, remember this post. Nothing but a weak attempt to associate yourself with someone that is being treaty unfairly, and an extreme case at that.

Weak but another classic example of how liberals attempt to gain pity and sympathy by throwing around some words that describe the plights of others---not thiers.They seem to think that if you just say the words it's the same as actually doing something.

Forum List

Back