Why is LA our 2nd largest city, but one of the most failed cities in the US

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I guess you can say it starts with leadership! First, I want to mention with 1/2 the population latino, 25% White (of that 90% liberal) and the rest black and Asian, any LA politician will be a person who fully agrees to one day hand LA to Mexico!

But again its starts with leadership! Mr. Antonio Villaraigosa! So was Mr. V a successful businessman? Nope. Was he a successful politician running a smaller city? Nope

So what are his qualifications:
(1) Villaraigosa was a labor organizer (in other words he was good at killing jobs not creating them, ironically that is what LA does today
(2) Villaraigosa attended the unaccredited People's College of Law (meaning it is such an unqualified school, they don't give it a rank!), but after graduation, he failed the California Bar exam on all four attempts - but the man should run the 2nd largest city in the US. That makes perfect sense!
Antonio Villaraigosa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(3) Villaraigosa was a leader of MEChA at UCLA! OK the 2nd largest city mayor was a member of Latino separatist movement! AMAZING! Would you be cool with a KKK Mayor of Atlanta? Nope, but a more dangerous movement MeCHA leader is just cool!
MEChA is an acronym for "Movimiento Estudiantíl Chicano de Aztlán" - Chicano Student Movement of Aztlan. The goal of Aztlan is the secession of the Southwest U.S.A., which it calls Aztlan. The MEChA Constitution clearly calls for "the struggle for the self-determination of the Chicano people for the purpose of liberating Aztlán". Another key document , "El Plan de Aztlan", states that "Aztlan belongs to those who plant the seeds, water the fields, and gather the crops and not to the foreign Europeans. We do not recognize capricious frontiers on the bronze continent....We declare the independence of our mestizo nation...Nationalism as the key to organization transcends all religious, political, class, and economic factions or boundaries. Nationalism is the common denominator that all members of La Raza agree upon." The MEChA slogan "Por La Raza todo. Fuera de La Raza nada" (Everything for the Race - Nothing oustside the Race) -what is that if not racism? According to Miguel Perez , mechista of Cal State Northridge, "The ultimate ideology is the liberation of Aztlan....Non-Chicanos would have to be expelled....opposition groups would have to be quashed because you have to keep the power." "National revolution" was the theme for the 1997 MEChA conference, which called for becoming " a nation within a nation with a national plan of action as new soldiers in our struggle for national independence and an emerging XICANO nation." Simply judging from its own documents and statements, MEChA is a racist, anti-American separatist hate group, and actually shares much in common with such groups as Aryan Nations, and the White Aryan Resistance, another California-based organization.
FrontPage Magazine - MEChA, Villaraigosa And The LA Mayoral Campaign

(4) Next the man was head of the ACLU! Yep that great hypocritical organization that preaches civil liberities as long as the liberty is for far left movements, if its for the opposition, they try to squash those people's rights.
Oh yea did I forget to mention the ACLU is a job killa!
Welcome to the Mayor's Office

(5) Did I mention he is a Tax man!
Villaraigosa has tripled the city's trash collection fee from $11 per month to $36.32 per month for single-family homes. Villaraigosa supports Proposition O, which currently adds $10.22 to the property tax bill of a $350,000 home and will eventually climb to $35. The mayor also campaigned last fall for two education bond measures that will increase the size of property tax bills over the next decade
Villaraigosa backs mail-in ballots on fee increases - Los Angeles Times

(6) I will make LA the Greenest City! In english translation: I will force regulation down the population and business throats sending more businesses and people elsewhere, so I am yet again showing my great ability to KILL jobs!
LA to be Clean Technology Capital? - LAist

(7) Did I forget to mention he is not only a sancutary mayor he openly supports Illegal immigration! Why because Mr. V wants LA to be part of Mexico! I have no doubt that it will happen one day!

Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante and L.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa after they attended a pro-illegal immigration rally.
For example, the Legislature creates costly programs and policies that beckon poor families to leave their rural villages in Mexico, including a free education and health care. If our pols start heavily pandering in the wake of big demonstrations demanding amnesty for illegal immigrants, we'll see more of the same.

My "favorite" program is the in-state college tuition break given since 2002 to illegal immigrant students.

Students unlucky enough to be "outsiders" from places such as Oregon must pay steep out-of-state tuition. But if you're here illegally and attended California high school, you'll get several thousand dollars' worth of in-state tuition breaks. Taxpayers also pay vast sums to house more than 10,000 illegal immigrants from Mexico in California prisons -- a stunning $31,000 per convict annually. Billions have been spent. But it's very hush-hush, because our state legislators are busy loudly pointing fingers at more politically correct causes for prison overcrowding.

Catering to the illegal immigrant lobby

Its failing because its the 2nd largest city.

Its easy running Mayberry or Hooterville or Hazard County.

Villaraigosa will NEVER, I repeat NEVER, be able to make L.A. MEXICO! He's way too dumb! Now, if L.A. eventually does become Mexico, it will be the USA who let it happen.

HIS last name was Villar.....his wife's last name was Raigosa = VillaRaigosa - that's the wife he dumped but whose name he kept.

The name change was his own doing - 'John and Ken' had not a thing to do with it. It was Antonio's doing with the help of his latino mentality. - as hard as it might be for you to believe.

Don't forget the horrible governor of the state as well, raiding property tax revenue from cities to attempt to balance the state budget

It's because all of the liberals screwed it up just like everything else they put their mitts on.

'What kind of acid are you dropping anyway?'

I would venture to say the same kind of acid that you are dropping.

Why is LA in trouble?

I presume it's because too few people are making enough money to pay for the services that the city's population requires.

Bad leadership (assuming their leadership is bad, I really do not know) certainly isn't going to help either.

Why is LA in trouble?

I presume it's because too few people are making enough money to pay for the services that the city's population requires.

Bad leadership (assuming their leadership is bad, I really do not know) certainly isn't going to help either.

Of course as a liberal, you will ignore the 10K gorilla in the room! Sanctuary City Status and illegal immigration supporting of a mayor who considers himself above all a citizen of Mexico (joining La MecHa is a the equivalent of treason)!

Why is LA in trouble?

Of course as a liberal, you will ignore the 10K gorilla in the room! Sanctuary City Status and illegal immigration supporting of a mayor who considers himself above all a citizen of Mexico (joining La MecHa is a the equivalent of treason)!

A huge part of those not making enough money and therefore not paying enough taxes to support the social services are probably illegal immigrants.

I am on the record on this board as being completely in opposition to both the REPUBLICAN AND DEMOCRATIC decision to ignore illegal immigrants.

I'm sorry I cannot live down to your goofy notion of what a liberal is, and I cannot be the cartoon cutout you want to make of anyone who you IMAGINE is a liberal, but there it is.

Christ on a crutch! Hook, you are so blinded by your partisnship that don't even understand when somebody is basically agreeing with you, do you?

Your partisan simplistic US v THEM view of this nation, and the people you share it with is completely pathetic.

Last edited:
Why is LA in trouble?

A huge part of those not making enough money and therefore not paying enough taxes to support the social services are probably illegal immigrants.

I am on the record on this board as being completely in opposition to both the REPUBLICAN AND DEMOCRATIC decision to ignore illegal immigrants.

I'm sorry I cannot live down to your goofy notion of what a liberal is, and I cannot be the cartoon cutout you want to make of anyone who you IMAGINE is a liberal, but there it is.

Christ on a crutch! Hook, you are so blinded by your partisnship that don't even understand when somebody is basically agreeing with you, do you?

Your partisan simplistic US v THEM view of this nation, and the people you share it with is completely pathetic.

I apologize I was writing the post in the middle of a boring conference call!

I thought you were pointing to tax payers and not illegal immigrations.

I am not as partisan as you might think. I wholeheartedly fault the Republicans who had the House, Senate, Presidency and Supreme Court for 6 yrs and did nothing on the border, nothing on illegal immigration, did nothing to punish sanctuary cities etc. I started a thread on it a while back.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1005795-post1.html

Forum List

Back