Why is jesus not a jew in churches?

That's like saying "George Bush is Caucasian, AKA German. " Surely you're not that fucking retarded.
You understand the difference between nationality and race, don't you?

You understand the definition in the context here of "caucasian" and "semetic", right?

Somehow, from your respsonse: That's like saying "George Bush is Caucasian, AKA German. ", I'm not sure you do understand the meaning of those words.

Somehow you don't understand my analogy. I'll break it down in simple terms for your simple mind:

All Arabs are Semites, but not all Semites are Arabs.
All (white) Germans are Caucasians, but not all Caucasians are (white) Germans.
All A's are B's, but not all B's are A's.

Have you ever taken basic logic?

So in stating "Jesus was a Semite, AKA Arab," one is making a completely illogical statement. Do you understand now, numbskull?
Semitic people (olive skin, dark eyes and hair) are Arabic. Not from Saudi Arabia, but the Arab region. Caucasians people (fair skin and hair) are not from Germany. More properly, the Caucasian Mountains in southwest Russia.

A convenient way to describe physical characteristics of people is to assign them in one of these commonly known groups. Not all Negroes are African. Not all Orientals are Chinese. But, it is safe to say that the vast majority of people born and raised in China will be Oriental and the vast majority of people born and raised in sub-
Saharan Africa will be Negroes.

So, saying African people are Negroes or Chinese people are Oriental or Arab people are Semitic is not folly, numbskull.

book and chapter for that please?

It's irrelevant. Ravi seems to think those verses justify outsourcing our care for the poor to the government. But they don't. It's not the governments responsibility to take care of people. It's ours. As individuals.

It's the same attitude Ebeneezer Scrooge had at the beginning of A Christmas Carol. He thought he was helping the poor already because he paid taxes to the government and they had programs for the poor. But thankfully he learned through the night that He had an obligation to share with the poor. He was supposed to be their friend and lift their spirits.

You can't learn charity by outsourcing your responsibilities to the government. Charity comes from our own personal ministry. You have to be involved.

Nor can those who recieve learn gratitude without the interaction between the giver and reciever. If they believe they are entitled to other people's property, then they lose that gratitude and it destroys their soul.

Our nation is very much in danger of going the way of Sodom and Gommorah, not only because of our immorality, but also because we lack charity. We, as a society, think we are entitled to government money for whatever we want. We are idle. We neglect our personal charity.

We have all been called to our own personal ministries. We just need to figure out what they are and work.

There is no mention in Scripture that Sodom 'mistreated the poor'. Using various texts Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed for their great wickedness and immorality--not even ten righteous men could be found there--and as an example to others of what their fate would be if they did not repent. That was the perception of those who wrote of the event whether or not it was accurately perceived.

And since the destruction of Sodom is dated up to and/or more than 2000 years prior to the birth of Jesus, and the written acounts of the Old Testament were completed many hundreds of years before any New Testament writings were produced, I think your remarks are much more irrelevent than mine.

Again,
49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
God directly mentions that the city of Sodom not helping the poor and needy was part of the "sin" that led to their destruction.

If you want to make the case that Jesus doesn't agree with God on this matter, go for it. :thup:
Ezekiel 16 - PassageLookup - New International Version, ©2010 - BibleGateway.com

It's irrelevant. Ravi seems to think those verses justify outsourcing our care for the poor to the government. But they don't. It's not the governments responsibility to take care of people. It's ours. As individuals.

It's the same attitude Ebeneezer Scrooge had at the beginning of A Christmas Carol. He thought he was helping the poor already because he paid taxes to the government and they had programs for the poor. But thankfully he learned through the night that He had an obligation to share with the poor. He was supposed to be their friend and lift their spirits.

You can't learn charity by outsourcing your responsibilities to the government. Charity comes from our own personal ministry. You have to be involved.

Nor can those who recieve learn gratitude without the interaction between the giver and reciever. If they believe they are entitled to other people's property, then they lose that gratitude and it destroys their soul.

Our nation is very much in danger of going the way of Sodom and Gommorah, not only because of our immorality, but also because we lack charity. We, as a society, think we are entitled to government money for whatever we want. We are idle. We neglect our personal charity.

We have all been called to our own personal ministries. We just need to figure out what they are and work.
Apparently God disagrees with you as he destroyed a city in part because said city did not care for the poor.

EPIC FAIL, propogated by follow-on fails...

Jesus' father wasn't a Jew.

Fucking idiots. :rolleyes:
Here's your pitard. Hoist yourself upon it.

Judaism is maternal. If your mother was Jewish, so are you.

Hoist it yourself dumbass. That doesn't automatically make you "look" Jewish you fucking retard. :rofl:
If you were born 2000 years ago in Palestine, chances are pretty good you didn't have blond hair, blue eyes and a fair complexion. Most people did not travel more than 100 miles from where they were born then, so you get a very homogeneous population.

The only reason Jesus is portrayed as looking more like Kenny Loggins than Omar Sharif is because the folks drawing the image were fair, blue-eyed Caucasians.

God destroyed Sodom in part because of how the city treated the poor...so your comments are irrelevant.

There is no mention in Scripture that Sodom 'mistreated the poor'. Using various texts Sodom and Gommorah were destroyed for their great wickedness and immorality--not even ten righteous men could be found there--and as an example to others of what their fate would be if they did not repent. That was the perception of those who wrote of the event whether or not it was accurately perceived.

And since the destruction of Sodom is dated up to and/or more than 2000 years prior to the birth of Jesus, and the written acounts of the Old Testament were completed many hundreds of years before any New Testament writings were produced, I think your remarks are much more irrelevent than mine.

Again,
49 “‘Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. 50 They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.
God directly mentions that the city of Sodom not helping the poor and needy was part of the "sin" that led to their destruction.

If you want to make the case that Jesus doesn't agree with God on this matter, go for it. :thup:

Again Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed sometime near 2000 B.C. Ezekial was addressing Isralites from exile in 6th Century B.C. The only Hebrew reference to the "poor" in Sodom and Gommorah is translated as inhospitability to the stranger/traveler which was a big deal in that culture and almost certainly related to the incident of the townspeople wanting to rape Lot's visitors. (Being aware of that requirement and being the great guy that he was, he offered them his daughters instead.) And since Ezekial used the same Hebrew word it is safe to assume that was also his intent in recounting the story unless he himself misunderstood which we cannot know. Remember if you take the whole context of the Sodom and Gomorrah into literal consideration, God also included the 'poor' among the unrighteous and wicked there.

Jesus wouldn't be along for more than 600 more years after Ezekial and there is no indication that he encouraged or expected God's wrath to rain down on the uncharitable. He certainly called for the destruction of nobody. His tactic was much more likely to be repent, go and sin no more.

Jesus was certainly not opposed to concern for the poor. He wouldn't, however, have called YOU charitable if you gave somebody else MY money. :)

Again,

Ezekiel 16 - PassageLookup - New International Version, ©2010 - BibleGateway.com
just as i thought
look at what it says in the KJV

48As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.
49Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
50And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

doesnt quite say the same thing

Last edited:
Dunno what color His eyes were, but I'd probably bet on blue, seeing as it's one of God's favorite colors.

As far as what He actually looked like? Well, if you get a chance, check out the History Channel sometime when they re-play the series "Death Masks". One of them is called "The Real Face of Jesus", and there is a group of scientists who did SIGNIFICANT research on the Shroud of Turin.

Using computer imaging as well as some other really high tech stuff, they came up with a 3 dimensional representation of what was on the Shroud.

Interestingly enough, He pretty much looks like what you'd think. And.....FWIW.......Jewish people in Israel at the time were pretty much Caucasian.

One of the main things that set Him apart from everyone else is the fact that He was over 6 1/2 feet tall. Most Hebrews top out at around 5'6.

Dunno what color His eyes were, but I'd probably bet on blue, seeing as it's one of God's favorite colors.

As far as what He actually looked like? Well, if you get a chance, check out the History Channel sometime when they re-play the series "Death Masks". One of them is called "The Real Face of Jesus", and there is a group of scientists who did SIGNIFICANT research on the Shroud of Turin.

Using computer imaging as well as some other really high tech stuff, they came up with a 3 dimensional representation of what was on the Shroud.

Interestingly enough, He pretty much looks like what you'd think. And.....FWIW.......Jewish people in Israel at the time were pretty much Caucasian.

One of the main things that set Him apart from everyone else is the fact that He was over 6 1/2 feet tall. Most Hebrews top out at around 5'6.
except there is no conclusive proof that the shroud of Turin is from Jesus
in fact, didnt they carbon date that to have been made from material several hundred years AFTER Jesus death?

just as i thought
look at what it says in the KJV

48As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.
49Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
50And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

doesnt quite say the same thing
Actually it does...they were prideful, gluttonous, idle and did not help the poor, and were haughty and committed abominations.

You seem to have forgotten what the word and means.

All these things added together caused the destruction of Sodom.

YES
how things were done was extremely important

and the give unto Caesar part only further clarifies that he WASN'T telling the government to do it

well, i might have missed something in my readings (though i don't think so). but certainly, i'm no theologian, just a hobbyist.

what do you think backs up your belief that jesus would have been offended by government helping the poor?

First of all, the idea that God subscribes to the theory of "the end justifies the means" is ludicrous. Second of all, God is much more concerned with the state of our souls than He is with the condition of our bodies. So to suggest that He would approve of any method of caring for those bodies in a way that breaks down the fiber of our characters and makes us less as human beings is also ludicrous.

1/2 right or
1/2 wrong.
You can not have one without the other.
But I will ask God next time I see him or her to clarify which.

Here's your pitard. Hoist yourself upon it.

Judaism is maternal. If your mother was Jewish, so are you.

Hoist it yourself dumbass. That doesn't automatically make you "look" Jewish you fucking retard. :rofl:
If you were born 2000 years ago in Palestine, chances are pretty good you didn't have blond hair, blue eyes and a fair complexion. Most people did not travel more than 100 miles from where they were born then, so you get a very homogeneous population.

The only reason Jesus is portrayed as looking more like Kenny Loggins than Omar Sharif is because the folks drawing the image were fair, blue-eyed Caucasians.

You might be right.

But if Jesus is the son of God, which to Christians he is, it seems pretty silly to argue that he's supposed to look like a rabbi. :)

Blue-eyed folks like me are really freaks among the humans. The vast majority of human eyes are brown.

Find me the blue-eyed Oriental/Hispanic/Negro.

Blue+Eyed+Black+Baby+Boy.jpg

You might be right.

But if Jesus is the son of God, which to Christians he is, it seems pretty silly to argue that he's supposed to look like a rabbi. :)
The Jewish people worship the same God as I. I'm not quite sure what type of theology you practice, but in mine, the God of Abraham is the God of St. Peter/St. Paul and Father of Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus was a rabbi. He was Jewish in every meaning of the word. So what's so silly?

You might be right.

Maybe God's first name is Isreal.

Forum List

Back