Why is jesus not a jew in churches?

Jesus was a semetic person, aka arabic.
That's like saying "George Bush is Caucasian, AKA German. " Surely you're not that fucking retarded.

No, it's not.

George Bush wasn't born in Germany.
Not all Caucasians are Germans, as not all Semites are Arabs. That is the analogy. there was no concept of an Arab ethnicity back then. In all historical contexts, Jesus is considered a Jew. Are you dense?
Even today, Israel isn't geographically considered to be in "Arabia."

That's like saying "George Bush is Caucasian, AKA German. " Surely you're not that fucking retarded.

No, it's not.

George Bush wasn't born in Germany.
um, did you read what he was replying to?
if you did, you should understand his sarcasm

I was being facetious, but still... what an ass.

If Jesus was born in Jeruselem then he is Jewish right? But, in every church I have visited both Black and White he is not as the bible describes: woolly hair, brown skin. Instead he is a White man. Why is that?

First, Jews are not a homogenus group. There are White Jews. There are Black Jews.

Second, Jesus is technically only half Jewish. His Father isn't Jewish. Have you seen what His Father looks like? I'm willing to bet that his half of the Genetic code for the Savior is likely the dominant half so He would probably have more physical traits resembling His father. Unfortunately, that makes it difficult to determine what Christ looks like.

Third, the one mention I know of in the Bible showing what Christ looks like said His head was "White as Snow". Of course, This was during the Revelation of John when Christ was a glorified, immortal being who radiated light. It doesn't tell us what He looked like as a mortal.

The real question is: Why does it matter? If he is black or white, light skinned or darked skinned, blonde, red head, or brunette, what does it matter?

He is either the Son of God, or He isn't. And if He is then He has atoned for our sins regardless of what He looked like.

Pray to the Father to in the name of Christ to find out whether He is the Son of God or not for yourself. After you learn the truth, it doesn't matter what He looks like. The Joy of the Saints can be yours.

actually, Jesus wouldnt have had a problem with the government not paying unemployment benefits
nor would he be in favor of gay marriage
and while he did say "judge not" it was followed with "lest ye be judged, by what judgement ye judge ye shall be judged"
not quite the "do not judge" that so many want to make it, now was it?

I've always been amused by how people take that out of context. Especially since he specifically commands those that follow Him to make righteous judgments. I've only ever seen two responses when that is pointed out:

1) They ignore it
2) They argue that it's impossible for us to judge righteously so we can't judge. Which is a ridiculous argument. The Lord does not give us any commandment which cannot be done.

First Jesus was not born in Jerusalem but rather in Bethlehem just south of Jerusalem. He however was a citizen of Nazareth in Galilee which is well north of Jerusalem. Chances are he was more 'Middle Eastern' in appearance but as he descended from the people who migrated into and settled the Fertile Crescent/Mesopotamia he could be almost any hue of skin. All full blooded Jews are not dark skinned or brown eyed but the odds are that Jesus was not a 'blue-eyed European' type.

I like the way that most people envision a Jesus who looks like them. I have no problem with that whatsoever and I'm pretty sure He doesn't either. :)

It makes no difference whether Jesus was a blue eyed blonde or a purple people eater. Faith and belief is something that is in each individual's heart and what we do with that faith or belief that shapes much of our character.

I do think, however, that to compare or describe Jesus as a modern day Republican or Democrat is a bit much. He was neither.

I've always been amused by how people take that out of context. Especially since he specifically commands those that follow Him to make righteous judgments. I've only ever seen two responses when that is pointed out:

1) They ignore it
2) They argue that it's impossible for us to judge righteously so we can't judge. Which is a ridiculous argument. The Lord does not give us any commandment which cannot be done.

It was never Jesus' intent that *man* judge other men. I'm not talking about when laws against theft and murder are broken... those are clearly society's laws to enforce. But I'm talking moral judgments that *don't* injure anyone else but the person in question. So, yes, he said live righteously... but he never said some old busy body should be deiciding who is and who isn't righteous.

How many admonitions did Jesus give to take care of the poor?

1) They ignore it

It was never Jesus' intent that *man* judge other men. I'm not talking about when laws against theft and murder are broken... those are clearly society's laws to enforce. But I'm talking moral judgments that *don't* injure anyone else but the person in question. So, yes, he said live righteously... but he never said some old busy body should be deiciding who is and who isn't righteous.

How many admonitions did Jesus give to take care of the poor?
and how many of those admonitions did he say to lobby the government to do it, and how many were for YOU to do it yourself?

and how many of those admonitions did he say to lobby the government to do it, and how many were for YOU to do it yourself?

do you think he'd have cared *how* it was done? it's not like people doing it themselves ended poverty. but before social security 50% of senior citizens lived below the poverty line. now it's far less and we have far more elderly b/c of greater longevity. so the program was more successful than even the numbers imply

jesus said give unto caesar what is caesar's.

he was a pretty smart guy.

Last edited:

do you think he'd have cared *how* it was done? it's not like people doing it themselves ended poverty. but before social security 50% of senior citizens lived below the poverty line. now it's far less and we have far more elderly b/c of greater longevity. so the program was more successful than even the numbers imply

jesus said give unto caesar what is caesar's.

he was a pretty smart guy.
YES
how things were done was extremely important

and the give unto Caesar part only further clarifies that he WASN'T telling the government to do it

YES

and the give unto Caesar part only further clarifies that he WASN'T telling the government to do it

well, i might have missed something in my readings (though i don't think so). but certainly, i'm no theologian, just a hobbyist.

what do you think backs up your belief that jesus would have been offended by government helping the poor?

YES

well, i might have missed something in my readings (though i don't think so). but certainly, i'm no theologian, just a hobbyist.

what do you think backs up your belief that jesus would have been offended by government helping the poor?
because of WHO he told to do it

now dont take this as me being personally opposed to the government assisting those in need
just don't claim that what Jesus commanded his people to do should be done by the government

because of WHO he told to do it

now dont take this as me being personally opposed to the government assisting those in need
just don't claim that what Jesus commanded his people to do should be done by the government

i didn't say he did command the govenment to do it. his admonition was to feed the poor... over and over again... not a single word about gays... but repeatedly saying the poor were to be cared for.

i just don't think he cared if it was the collective *you* or the individual *you*.

in fact, i'd go so far as to say for his teachings to have been consistent with his jewish religion, he'd very much have believed in a collective *you* taking care of the poor.

In fact, I do believe it is a biblical imperative.
Now this was the sin of Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

In fact, I do believe it is a biblical imperative.
Now this was the sin of Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

So if you figure they aren't giving enough to charity then they need to be blown up with a mushroom cloud....the likes of which if you turned to look at would turn you into a pillar of salt?????

If you really want to get down to brass tacks the Obamas are just like this.

She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me.

Forum List

Back