Why is jesus not a jew in churches?

casper4020322

Dec 20, 2009
If Jesus was born in Jeruselem then he is Jewish right? But, in every church I have visited both Black and White he is not as the bible describes: woolly hair, brown skin. Instead he is a White man. Why is that?

jew_jitsu-12953.jpg

If Jesus was born in Jeruselem then he is Jewish right? But, in every church I have visited both Black and White he is not as the bible describes: woolly hair, brown skin. Instead he is a White man. Why is that?

No clue where you would get something that absurd. All Christian churches know Jesus was a Jew. :rolleyes:

Jesus was a semetic person, aka arabic.

The "pictures" that portray him as a blond blue eyed white man are example of how wrong religion is and the racism and arrogance of humans in their worship of their gods.

I got a whipping for asking about this in sunday school one time.
Question nothing in church is how I was raised.
btw it is the same denomination as Palin belongs to.

Last edited:
I have never seen Jesus portrayed as a gentile with blue eyes. And since no one who portrays Him has ever seen Him, I highly doubt ANY portrayal of Him.

Some of you might like THIS though:

obama-jesus.jpg

The pictures of him are people who drew depictions of him from the local population. In Norway he looks Norwegian, in Italy he looks italian.

The guy is 2010 years dead and buried. There is not a lot of data on his appearance.

Hair might have been red or brown, we don't know. David, who was a relative, had red hair.

Since he had a job that required lots of physical exertion, he must have been eye candy for the women. He was, after all, a god.

The pictures of him are people who drew depictions of him from the local population. In Norway he looks Norwegian, in Italy he looks italian.

The guy is 2010 years dead and buried. There is not a lot of data on his appearance.

Hair might have been red or brown, we don't know. David, who was a relative, had red hair.

Since he had a job that required lots of physical exertion, he must have been eye candy for the women. He was, after all, a god.

Google 'black Jesus.'

Jesus was not only Jewish but one can make a very good case he was primarily not preaching to or that concerned with non Jews.

It is Paul (who never met Jesus, except in a epileptic fit) who turns Christianity into a global religion.

No clue where you would get something that absurd. All Christian churches know Jesus was a Jew. :rolleyes:

You don't get what I am asking. I know all churches know that Jesus is Hebrew. I was asking why he is always shown as a White Man in the portrait of him and not the Hebrew man that he was depicted in the bible. Can you answer that question?:confused:

You don't get what I am asking. I know all churches know that Jesus is Hebrew. I was asking why he is always shown as a White Man in the portrait of him and not the Hebrew man that he was depicted in the bible. Can you answer that question?:confused:

What does 'a Hebrew man' look like?

Here is a list of Jewish actors. Which one of them most resembles Jesus?

Category:Jewish actors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia'

Would it be Kirk Douglas? Jack Benny? Or Maybe Jeff Goldblum?

Last edited:

Category:Jewish actors - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Umm that is about 2000 years ot of date.
Show Americans for Jesus time, how would they look vs now?

Give me the list of Americans in Jesus time.

Give me the list of Americans in Jesus time.

Umm no list but I do know they were Indians and such and did not look like the vast majority of current Americans. Just like jews.

Forum List

Back