Why is it

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
that any time I quote scripture, people get angry, I get attacked, and I get threatened with the banhammer? That, and threads tend to get derailed, trolled, flamed, and/or locked. Why can't Christians merely respond to the scriptures or refute the arguments they insist have no merit?

RGS was correct. you are not to challenge mods in public.

that any time I quote scripture, people get angry, I get attacked, and I get threatened with the banhammer? That, and threads tend to get derailed, trolled, flamed, and/or locked. Why can't Christians merely respond to the scriptures or refute the arguments they insist have no merit?

Because your threads are not about getting answers, when people answer you you attack them, call them names or belittle them. All the actions of a troll. You don't want answers, you want to bash Christians. Such threads belong in the FLAME ZONE.

Because your threads are not about getting answers, when people answer you you attack them, call them names or belittle them. All the actions of a troll. You don't want answers, you want to bash Christians. Such threads belong in the FLAME ZONE.

how does he belittle them? I haven't discussed it with him.

Usually calls them mindless drones, stupid or needing crutches. Along those lines.

Usually calls them mindless drones, stupid or needing crutches. Along those lines.

Oh... nice

• Banned
Because your threads are not about getting answers,
Really? I presented biblical evidence against Jesus and asked if anyone had a response or could show how anything said or presented was misconstrued. Like you, these mentally challenged theists had no response but to attack the Reverend, as they had no refutation or rebuttal.

• Banned
I don't belittle anyone. If one is a moron, I'll point it out. If someone offers meaningful, intelligent, and honest answers, the discussion proceeds accordingly. i have had several discussions with kalam and EagleSeven regarding faith. These remain civil because they respond, not attack.

Because your threads are not about getting answers,
Really? I presented biblical evidence against Jesus and asked if anyone had a response or could show how anything said or presented was misconstrued. Like you, these mentally challenged theists had no response but to attack the Reverend, as they had no refutation or rebuttal.

Are they mindless because they are theists?

No. They are mindless and they are theists. One might even argue that they are theists, in large part, because they are mindless. They are not mindless because they are theists. That would be a fallacious assertion as some theists are not mindless, but simply naive or misinformed.

No. They are mindless and they are theists. One might even argue that they are theists, in large part, because they are mindless. They are not mindless because they are theists. That would be a fallacious assertion as some theists are not mindless, but simply naive or misinformed.

What are you risking by taking up Pascal's Wager?

Well, if you play by Pascal's rules, you risk believing the thwe wrong god. PW is a fallacy that assumes a false dichotomy: Jesus or nothing. In reality, however, there are many religions with similar claims, and many of them are mutually exclusive.

Pascal asks the atheist 'what if you are wrong'?' The atheists replies 'What if you are wrong? What if you stand before Ahura Mazda, Anubis, Allah, Thor, or any of the thousands of other deities Man has dreamed up?'

Thus, PW is not valid, for a false dichotomy is logically fallacious. It assumes that one either believes in Jesus or risks eternity in Hell, when the reality is much more complex.

Notice that he went on to state if they are not mindless they are naive or misinformed. He does not seek answers, he seeks to attack. To belittle and to name call.

Pearls before swine, perhaps?

Notice that he went on to state if they are not mindless they are naive or misinformed.

Many are naive and most are misinformed, as evidenced by the sad arguments they out forth, which don't stand up to scrutiny. Also, once again you show yourself a liar. I did not say what you have alleged, as anyone with any reading comprehension skills would know.

Or, like you, ignorant and stupid. I and others have re4peatedly laid out great deals of evidence. You simply ignore it.

I noticed that he disappeared after Pascal's Wager was shown to be fallacious. You people usually disappear after your pathetic 'arguments' are destroyed. Is it any surprise people don't respect your kind?

Forum List

Back