Why is it...

Xenophon

Gone and forgotten
Nov 27, 2008
In your head
Why is it that people always have the worst emergencies late at night or on weekends?

Last night i had a double dip, my old man called at 12 telling me he was dizzy and had pains (he's 83).

So after ariving there and a trip to the nearest hospital, it was a 4 hour wait to hear that he had a strangulated hernia and needs emergency surgury, but they can't reach his GP and heart dr just yet...

That lil problem was solved by 9, and he's in the recovery room now, and I still haven't slept since yesterday.

OK go back to pissing and whining about the GoP and BO now.

I'm glad he got to the docs on time. Maybe one should take a break about "pissing and whining about the GoP and BO" for now...

Glad your dad is going to be OK xeno! Thank goodness you were close enough to go over there, then get him to a hospital!

Now get off of here and go take a nap! :)

Sleep will come soon, right now I am lounging in sweats on the easy chair with the laptop, doing one of my favorite things...

Mocking mocking mocking...

Xenophon - Hope all is going to be ok with your Dad. My thoughts are with you. Now, close up your laptop and go take a long snooze...

Why is it that people always have the worst emergencies late at night or on weekends?

Last night i had a double dip, my old man called at 12 telling me he was dizzy and had pains (he's 83).

So after ariving there and a trip to the nearest hospital, it was a 4 hour wait to hear that he had a strangulated hernia and needs emergency surgury, but they can't reach his GP and heart dr just yet...

That lil problem was solved by 9, and he's in the recovery room now, and I still haven't slept since yesterday.

Don't know why but emergencies always happen at inopportune times. Hope all is going well with your dad, Xeno. My mom (81) just had the exact same thing happen - femoral hernia, emergency surgery. All went well until one week post surgery, she developed pneumonia. Another 3 days hospital stay. She's been home a week and a half, mending slowly. When the parental units start falling apart . . . it sucks. :sad:

Oh my goodness, he must have been in some pain. Hope all is ok.

when spring and summer comes people over exert themselves...no telling what he had been doing all day...moving rocks from here to there ...you know how the old coots are....

it is just like..o its summer let me overdo.....to you he is 83...in his head he is still a young man....all they are all just madder than hatters

You know, while I seriously hope X's dad is doing well, this thread has heartened me. It seems that more of us are understanding that we owe something to our parents, who gave us so much.

I'm going to say a few more prayers for X and his dad, and start a new thread.

Here's wishing a speedy recovery for your dad and some good rest for you, Xenophon. :)

i'm glad your dad's okay, Xeno.
my father in law had the same surgery at about the same age and we recently celebrated his 90th birthday. :cool:

Forum List

Back