Why is it?

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
I wonder why it is that with Democrats firmly in control of the Legislature and the White House and set to retake the Judiciary that so many liberals are busy reminding every one every day that the Republicans are , well what ever comes to mind insert here.

If as you claim the party is done for and won't recover and can never get elected again, why do you spend so much time bitching about the party YOU claim is done for?

To what end besides beating a dead horse do you aspire IF as you post, there is no hope and chance?

Just curious.

One of my fondest dreams is seeing the GOP in the gutter begging for some love and getting spit on.

It's just too good to pass up pointing out that they are.

I wonder why it is that with Democrats firmly in control of the Legislature and the White House and set to retake the Judiciary that so many liberals are busy reminding every one every day that the Republicans are , well what ever comes to mind insert here.

If as you claim the party is done for and won't recover and can never get elected again, why do you spend so much time bitching about the party YOU claim is done for?

To what end besides beating a dead horse do you aspire IF as you post, there is no hope and chance?

Just curious.

Because their prior policies, wars, and governance are still relevant to today's debates even if they never see power again.

Just curious.

Because their prior policies, wars, and governance are still relevant to today's debates even if they never see power again.

How can that be? We have listened for 8 long years to you and your buddies insist that anything Clinton did became irrelevant the minute he was no longer President.

Just curious.

How can that be? We have listened for 8 long years to you and your buddies insist that anything Clinton did became irrelevant the minute he was no longer President.

Well that's a total strawman if I've ever seen one and you've certainly never heard that from me.

Try another route.

Well that's a total strawman if I've ever seen one and you've certainly never heard that from me.

Try another route.

Sure thing MATE.

Try another route.

Sure thing MATE.

Whatever, guy. You're delusional if you think you have made or proven any kind of point thus far.

Partisan politics are for the weak Sarge, it's the ultimate diversion of inept governance, and by god i don't care what political stripe one opines from, they've been f'ing things up for the middle class for quite some time now

think about it, weather one is a rep or dem, we really want the same things, don't we?

we'd like to be free, have a lifestyle that doesn't bust our balls, and leave things better for our kids, agreed?

so when this doesn't occur, those at the helm of of country play the biggest blame game in town, partisanship politics

now if we really and truely follow the $$$, we'll find that the lobbyists grease either faction quite well, and they both operate acccording to their wishes than that of the overall welfare of the middle class

failure's no orphan in the political arena, it's foisted upon the loosers every time the pendulum of power swings here, we're all just collectively lame enough to buy into it....

Dems fear they will lose the grip on power they have waited and worked for, for so long so they are keeping up the tactics that brought them victory.

The downside is they will have nobody to scapegoat when the economy shatters from this spending spree but themselves.

Clinton did became irrelevant the minute he was no longer President.

Please post some of these threads. I never justified Clinton's BJ or perjury. I did say he handed off a surplus to Junior who then went and squandered it and handed off the largest deficit in our lifetime.

For me it's a feeling of justification. After the right owned the entire structure for 4 years and did what they wanted, told the left to piss off, did whatever Bush told them to do, now we see them in utter dissaray. They had control and could have kept it, but instead played the absolute corruption card and lost big time.

Now, they are following a radio talk show host. Their leader of the RNC apologizes to a man who once said all druggies should be thrown in jail and then turned out to be a druggie.

I hope they continue to kneel at the altar of Rush. They will only attract the most rabid of the right wing and will alienate the independents. They will not get back into power with him at the helm.

I hope that clears up my remarks.

Plus, all the crap that happened under Bush's watch is still with US today.

Just curious.

Perhaps it has something to do with the republicans who are left fighting tooth and nail to keep the status quo in power and the people in the peasantry of paperwork and debt.

The democrats need to be balanced by fiscal conservatism, not special-interest cronyism. I look forward to seeing the new republican party that is evolving... it may be worth something - if not, it will die.

-Joe

Clinton did became irrelevant the minute he was no longer President.

Please post some of these threads. I never justified Clinton's BJ or perjury. I did say he handed off a surplus to Junior who then went and squandered it and handed off the largest deficit in our lifetime.

For me it's a feeling of justification. After the right owned the entire structure for 4 years and did what they wanted, told the left to piss off, did whatever Bush told them to do, now we see them in utter dissaray. They had control and could have kept it, but instead played the absolute corruption card and lost big time.

Now, they are following a radio talk show host. Their leader of the RNC apologizes to a man who once said all druggies should be thrown in jail and then turned out to be a druggie.

I hope they continue to kneel at the altar of Rush. They will only attract the most rabid of the right wing and will alienate the independents. They will not get back into power with him at the helm.

I hope that clears up my remarks.

Plus, all the crap that happened under Bush's watch is still with US today.

Here's a better idea. You go look for them. They aren't impossible to find and anyone who has been here more than a year KNOWS they exist. But then, you KNOW no one's going to take the time to prove anything to you so you can ignore it, twist it or deflect into one of your usual tirades against anything to the right of you; which, would appear to be most everyone but Che.

The right never did what they wanted. More importantly, the right never did what its constituents wanted. That is why that particular group on the right is no longer in power. Oh, that's right, you think you leftwingnut hacks did that.

If you TRULY feel justified, please burn your voter registration. You're too damned dumb to be allowed to vote.

Tell me, oh justified one ... what's the difference between the GOP shoving its stupid policies down our throats and the Dems shoving its stupid policies down our throats?

The answer is NONE. Meaning, when the American public gets sick and tired of your stupid party and its failed promises; which, I might add you are well on your way toward, you'll be back out on your ear, just as you have been most of the past 30 years.

The ones we need to keep our eyes on is the democrats. The republicans have little power right now and the money will gravitate toward the power - be on the look out for democrats in congress getting caught with their hands in the special-interest cookie jar.

-Joe

Try another route.

Pointing out an obvious double standard is hardly a strawman, even if you personally did not participate.

The problem with your theory about what is relevant is that it is used to ignore CURRENT policies, wars and governance. Taking military personnel from an unpopular war and reassigning them to one the left finds more popular is simply called a shell game. Nothing more. Where is there a policy difference there?

When fiscal responsibility is what is required to get this Nation economically sound again, how is spending enough money to make anything Bush spent look like chump change bailing out failed powerbrokers an change in policy?

What has changed about governance? Our government hasn't changed bit that I can see.

But then, if you listen to some, just the fact that Obama is more articulate than Bush is "a change." Big whoop.

Kind of hard to tout "change" that doesn't exist.

The American political system is built in such a way that it's almost inevitable to have 2 parties - a byproduct of single-district plurality elections. The GOP is down but certainly not out. Anybody who says they're done for is delusional. The permanent decline of the GOP would require one of two things: Heavy loss of influence of Christianity in America, yielding something like moderate libertarians, or if the idealization of capitalism declined instead, this could lead to some kind of conservative populism like Lou Dobbs. :lol:

Last edited:
The American political system is built in such a way that it's almost inevitable to have 2 parties - a byproduct of single-district plurality elections. The GOP is down but certainly not out. Anybody who says they're done for is delusional. The permanent decline of the GOP would require one of two things: Heavy loss of influence of Christianity in America, yielding something like moderate libertarians, or if the idealization of capitalism declined instead, this could lead to some kind of conservative populism like Lou Dobbs. :lol:

The GOP is not going away. Neither will the Demcoratic Party depart.

They need each other so they can continue to delude the truly very stupid.

Try another route.

Pointing out an obvious double standard is hardly a strawman, even if you personally did not participate.

The problem with your theory about what is relevant is that it is used to ignore CURRENT policies, wars and governance. Taking military personnel from an unpopular war and reassigning them to one the left finds more popular is simply called a shell game. Nothing more. Where is there a policy difference there?

When fiscal responsibility is what is required to get this Nation economically sound again, how is spending enough money to make anything Bush spent look like chump change bailing out failed powerbrokers an change in policy?

What has changed about governance? Our government hasn't changed bit that I can see.

But then, if you listen to some, just the fact that Obama is more articulate than Bush is "a change." Big whoop.

Kind of hard to tout "change" that doesn't exist.

It's not an obvious double standard. I admit I wasn't all that involved when Bush first took office but to think that suddenly exonerates Clinton from every mistake he made is ridiculous. I mean seriously, who the hell takes that position? So why should I defend from that position? Better yet, who is the OP really taking to here?

I'd guess the policy change would be within Iraq. They'll still have floaties on but we'll be sending them off into the deep end. But you make a fair point moving troops to Afghanistan doesn't change the broader war policy. The change I think will be more of a focus on diplomacy from Obama.

To me, there's a difference between bailing out Wall Street and the spending bill. At least the spending bill will produce something tangible. I don't think anyone knows what the hell happened to the money we gave the banks.

Time will tell how Obama ends up governing because right now I think he's kind of flailing about trying to find himself.

Just curious.

Sure, I'll insert what comes to mind. Fucking stupid! When the head of the RNC apologizes to a druggie radio jock for justified critisism of that idiots speech, what else can be said. When we are trying to stem the tide of the Second Great Republican Depression, and the Republicans do nothing but insist on continueing or expanding the very policies that created the debacle, what else can you call it.

Obama entered office with this nation involved in two failed wars, teetering on the brink of a great depression, with a disparity of wealth between the classes higher than at any time in our history. He has his hands full. Americans of good conscience hope that he can see a way to spare us from the worst of the policies of the past that have put us where we are today. But he is just one man, and if too many of us, in continueing the partisan politics such as Limpbaugh represents, fight every suggestion that eminates from this administration, simply because it does come from this administration, then he will fail, and all Americans will suffer from that failure.

If you TRULY feel justified, please burn your voter registration. You're too damned dumb to be allowed to vote.

Look in the mirror yourself. Your partislip is showing again or great administrator.:lol:

So you are saying when the Republicans owned the whole shebang, they didn't shove this down the Dems throats. They didn't block dem bills from being brought up for vote.

Obama actually tried to reach out to Repubs. They told him to stick it.

Good to hear from you again.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back