Why is it?

The far left loons are anti war and are anti gun, A lot of Liberals are also anti war and anti gun. claiming otherwise is hilarious indeed.

And the far right psychos are anti-individual rights and pro-theocracy despite the separation of church and state... which makes them anti-American and anti-Constitution, IMO.

you know how that goes, right?

But are we having a discussion about extremes? If we are, then stop generalizing. It makes you sound absurd.

Gun control is a perfect example of how distorted political labels have become. The true freedom loving liberal position is to support an individual's right to bear arms. Seeking to ban guns is decidedly authoritarian.

And the far right psychos are anti-individual rights and pro-theocracy despite the separation of church and state... which makes them anti-American and anti-Constitution, IMO.

you know how that goes, right?

But are we having a discussion about extremes? If we are, then stop generalizing. It makes you sound absurd.

Liberals are against war and against guns in most cases, few are for either and if they openly say they are they suffer the fate of Lieberman.

Do not even try to talk about what is or is not Constitutional, you have proven time and again on this board you have not got a single clue about our Constitution.

As for the far right it has almost no power in the Republican party as opposed to overwhelming power for the far left loons in the Democratic party.

What I love is one of you claims Bush is far right, the man is closer to the left then the right. And McCain is even farther left then Bush.

The far left loons are anti war and are anti gun, A lot of Liberals are also anti war and anti gun. claiming otherwise is hilarious indeed.

Nope. The left wing is anti-war and anti-gun. For the most part so are Progressives. I know the distinction is lost on you but it certainly exists.

Liberals are against war and against guns in most cases, few are for either and if they openly say they are they suffer the fate of Lieberman.

Your definition of "liberal" is wholly politicized and bastardized. Do you really hate individual freedom? Do you really hate the Bill of Rights? Do you really think the government should be allowed to infringe upon your personal life in any way it sees fit? If you answer no, then you support the true concept of liberalism.

Well I should hope not.

btw: Did you understand what I said? Because I certainly didn't say nor did I even remotely imply this.

Prolly not because you were calling yourself right-wing for a couple of ideals that are actually shared by the majority of Americans.

Do not even try to talk about what is or is not Constitutional, you have proven time and again on this board you have not got a single clue about our Constitution.

As for the far right it has almost no power in the Republican party as opposed to overwhelming power for the far left loons in the Democratic party.

What I love is one of you claims Bush is far right, the man is closer to the left then the right. And McCain is even farther left then Bush.

Lieberman isn't a liberal. There's a huge difference between being against one particular war (Iraq) and being anti-war.

Prolly not because you were calling yourself right-wing for a couple of ideals that are actually shared by the majority of Americans.

Yes. And I didn't refer to those when discussing liberal vs. authoritarian for a reason...because it doesn't apply.

What are you talking about? The whole democratic party, which you declare is far-left-liberal-kook-ect...cliche..., voted to send our troops into War in the middle east. You seem to be confused between being anti-war and being anti-pointless war. You have repeatedly labeled Obama a liberal, as if it is a bad word, and yet Obama clearly supports war on terror and vows to continue to attack terrorists.

Anti-guns? I'm a liberal and I support the 2nd amendment, but I also support gun control.

The problem with specifically you and GunnyL is your RushLimbaugh syndrome. You believe EVERYTHING must be black and white. There are no intermediate positions on issues. Either someone is pro-gun or they are a kook far left liberal anti-gun loon.

I either need more coffee or you need to rewrite your post. Remember, liberals make sense.

;)

For someone with your obvious education and intellect, you honestly surprise me with how you misunderstand things that seem quite obvious to me.

Three dimensions:

1. right wing - left wing: Essentially the level of involvement by the government in the economy and free markets. right wingers favor less involvement which requires less taxation and regulation.

2. conservative - progressive: Relates to the rate of change. conservatives favor slow change, progressives favor rapid change.

3. liberal - authoritarian: Individual freedom vs conformity to the norms of the majority.

Now, if you go and re-read my post: On these three dimensions...

Do you get it now?

For someone with your obvious education and intellect, you honestly surprise me with how you misunderstand things that seem quite obvious to me.

Three dimensions:

1. right wing - left wing: Essentially the level of involvement by the government in the economy and free markets. right wingers favor less involvement which requires less taxation and regulation.

2. conservative - progressive: Relates to the rate of change. conservatives favor slow change, progressives favor rapid change.

3. liberal - authoritarian: Individual freedom vs conformity to the norms of the majority.

Now, if you go and re-read my post: On these three dimensions...

Do you get it now?

Now that you've totally changed the meaning of your post, yes I get it.

And thanks for the compliment. I'm actually not much smarter than your average fence post.

I consider myself right-wing (capitalist, small govt.)

Implying that capitalism and small government are ideals held only by the right wing.

right wing - left wing: Essentially the level of involvement by the government in the economy and free markets. right wingers favor less involvement which requires less taxation and regulation.

Backtracking to say that it's only less regulation of capitalism that you are attributing to the right wing.

Meaningless to you perhaps, but a world of difference, imo.

Forum List

Back