Why is it?????????

Yes I do, don't know how to do that but then again it wouldn't matter..... My wife wants the land line.........

Aaaahh. In any case, internet providers like Charter and Mediacom advertise phone with their cable, but you don't need it. Any fax/scanner/copier/printer combo and you're good to go even without the phone bundle.

I have the entire bundle through Verizon Fios. I assume my land line runs through their cable network if that's what you mean.
My bundle is through Comcast. I assume my land line runs through their cable network if that's what you mean.

Why is it that when you're driving on the freeway and no one else is on the road, you pull out your penis to rub one out, and then all the sudden there's a line of tractor trailers that drives by you in the other lane and catch you whacking it?

Damnit you're bringing up bad memories!

Who still has a land line anyway?

I do. I prefer a landline to talking on a cell.

I do too. But you can't take a land line with you where ever you go.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

We still have a land line. I thought you had to have one with DSL. Learned last week you didn't. The switcher-thingy in the Verizon box (outside of the neighborhood) broke and we lost the phone service but internet was ok. A little hokey at first but still usable. Verizon guy came and fixed the broken switcher-thingy.

We also have two cells ala Virgin Mobile, like Ringel, but we just pay-as-we-go. I'm not much of a phone talker. . . hmmm, maybe we should drop the land line altogether and save some bucks.

Aaaahh. In any case, internet providers like Charter and Mediacom advertise phone with their cable, but you don't need it. Any fax/scanner/copier/printer combo and you're good to go even without the phone bundle.

I have the entire bundle through Verizon Fios. I assume my land line runs through their cable network if that's what you mean.

Could be. But phone wires and coaxial cable are two entirely different animals. You should be able to tell which one your phone is hooked up to.

Completely wireless here. Sat Tv, wireless internet. AT&T micro cell 3G network inside the home for cel phone use.

Could be. But phone wires and coaxial cable are two entirely different animals. You should be able to tell which one your phone is hooked up to.

Completely wireless here. Sat Tv, wireless internet. AT&T micro cell 3G network inside the home for cel phone use.

Completely wired here. No wireless security to have to deal with.

what security issues. My house is 5 miles from the nearest paved road, I suppose if someone wants to sneak onto my property and break my WEP protection to jack some free internet, they can do so.

what security issues. My house is 5 miles from the nearest paved road, I suppose if someone wants to sneak onto my property and break my WEP protection to jack some free internet, they can do so.

Like my primary concern is someone simply using my internet service........

Who still has a land line anyway?

I have a land line. I have to have one because of a cardiac monitoring device in my bedroom. Every night it sends info to my cardiologist. If I croak one of these nights, he will be the first to know or at least he will know what time I checked out.

Why is it Christmas music is played in the stores, earlier and earlier every year?

I don't really know why but I can tell you that every time my wife hears "Jingle Bells" she starts spending money like there won't be any come tomorrow...:lol:

why is it ... men refer to their package as junk?

Because they don't know what to do with it?

I jest, of course. I believe that it's just another one of those bizarre American slang words that has no objective relevance to the object it's describing. It was most likely coined on the Ricki Lake show by an agitated guest.

We Brits are far more exotic. We call it things like 'todger', 'silent partner', 'willy', 'pink oboe', 'pirate of men's pants', 'pump-action porridge gun etc etc...

We affectionately call female genitals: 'lady garden', eye of mordor, 'velvet sausage wallet' etc etc...

Forum List

Back