Why is it when you pay for something with cash...

Very few people carry pocket watches any more. Most wear a wrist watch or use their phone. When I was wearing Levi's? That was where my change went.
It's called a watch pocket no matter what you claim.
Are you getting defensive?

MikeTx isn't defensive Indeependent, he's a troll looking for a fight. :trolls:
I like him...he's hilarious.

You're one of the few then. Me? I find him tiresome and boring. If he could come up with a bit more creative stuff when he insults someone, then MAYBE I'd find the humor. But, he's tedious and repetitive, and that bores me.
Translation...
Liberals hate MikeTx.

I'm not shocked.

It's called a watch pocket no matter what you claim.

You're one of the few then. Me? I find him tiresome and boring. If he could come up with a bit more creative stuff when he insults someone, then MAYBE I'd find the humor. But, he's tedious and repetitive, and that bores me.
Translation...
Liberals hate MikeTx.

I'm not shocked.

I don't dislike him because I'm a liberal, I dislike him because he uses the same freaking insults to disparage my service in the U.S. Navy. If he could get creative, maybe I'd see the funny, but he doesn't, so I don't.

By the way, I'm an Independent voter. Have been that way most of my life. I don't vote along party lines, I vote for the person I think has the best handle on the issues. Sometimes I vote Democrat, sometimes Republican.

Translation...
Liberals hate MikeTx.

I'm not shocked.

I don't dislike him because I'm a liberal, I dislike him because he uses the same freaking insults to disparage my service in the U.S. Navy. If he could get creative, maybe I'd see the funny, but he doesn't, so I don't.

By the way, I'm an Independent voter. Have been that way most of my life. I don't vote along party lines, I vote for the person I think has the best handle on the issues. Sometimes I vote Democrat, sometimes Republican.
I read everyone's posts here...you're not an Independent by any means.
You served...mazel tov. I have several dozen people in my neighborhood who served.
You want some preferential treatment?
You're not getting it.

I know people in business who are honest and some who aren't.
Do the honest one's get preferential treatment?
Yes.
In the form of business and income.

They give your receipt back laying on your bills?

That shit pisses me off, ( I rarley pay with cash) so you have your wallet in one hand , and now your stuck with wasting time pulling out the receipt before you stick the bills back in your wallet or like me your stuck with old receipts in your wallet you don't want ...

Then every few weeks your stuck cleaning out your wallet...

Unless it's actually something you need a receipt for just drop it on the counter and tell the clerk to dispose of it. That's what I do.

I usually pay with my watch. :)
A quick touch to the card reader and I’m done. Depending on the purchase, I’ll sometimes wait for a receipt.

That shit pisses me off, ( I rarley pay with cash) so you have your wallet in one hand , and now your stuck with wasting time pulling out the receipt before you stick the bills back in your wallet or like me your stuck with old receipts in your wallet you don't want ...

today the guy gave me my change back laying on an 8th of pot.....

I hate that shit. And you can't sort it out right then, you have to get out of the way so the next guy can go through the same thing. And when they hand you the "stack", they give you that look like they're daring you to take more than 3 seconds to put the money in your pocket and get the hell out of there. Bastards!

Exactly, your like WTF, you don't want to hold up the line so I jam it all in my wallet..I don't want a damn receipt from McDonald's or when I get smokes or something..

Exactly. And why would you NEED a receipt, in case they stopped you outside and accused you of stealing the shit??? It's not like you can write it off on your taxes or anything.

Yeah but... If the cops erroneously pick you up for the torture and murder of 16 chickens from farmer Grubs farm... you can prove you were risking botulism or ecoli or some dread shit at the neighborhood McDonalds instead of being a chicken terrorist.

Yeah, I hate that as well. So annoying. I usually jam the change, bills and receipt in my pocket and sort it out later.

That's another thing some people do that with coins as well so now I am stuck with nickels and dimes in my wallet..

You should write a book about this dark part of your life.

What’s even worse is they stack your coin change on top your paper money.

Throw it at her forehead. That'll learn her.

I have no wallet. I just put cash in my pocket and my credit cards in my watch pocket.

A suit jacket? Or that little pocket in your jeans that no guy in america knows what use their is for it now a days?

View attachment 213844

It's a watch pocket

Very few people carry pocket watches any more. Most wear a wrist watch or use their phone. When I was wearing Levi's? That was where my change went.

You have tiny fingers

Why pay cash when you can get a credit card that will give you cash for using it?

If you pay cash you are losing money

And paying stupid amounts of interest for using the damned things!
You don't pay interest if you pay the balance every month. You didn't know that?

Between the cash back card we have for the business and our personal cash back card we get over 10 grand back in tax free money for buying stuff we would be buying anyway.

Last edited:
Why pay cash when you can get a credit card that will give you cash for using it?

You know, I've timed it, and even with having to separate my change from my bills, and taking the receipt out, it's STILL faster to pay with cash than with a credit/debit card. About half the time, those things don't work on the first shot, and you have to redo all the button pushing.

Paying with cash is faster.

But you don't get tax free money paid to you when you pay cash

and really is your time is so valuable that the few seconds difference matters if at the end of the year you get a couple grand as a tax free rebate

You know, I've timed it, and even with having to separate my change from my bills, and taking the receipt out, it's STILL faster to pay with cash than with a credit/debit card. About half the time, those things don't work on the first shot, and you have to redo all the button pushing.

and really is your time is so valuable that the few seconds difference matters if at the end of the year you get a couple grand as a tax free rebate

I'm retired and don't buy enough stuff in my day to day living to make any difference that way.

I'm retired and don't buy enough stuff in my day to day living to make any difference that way.

Cell phone bill
Internet bill
cable or satellite bill
groceries
gas
anything you can put on a card

I'll bet it'll add up over a year

2% of all your expenses over 1 year in a tax free rebate should mean something if you are on a fixed income

Tell the cashier you don't want a receipt. You're Welcome!

Now, back to real problems like American workers not making enough money.

Forum List

Back