CDZ Why is it that the only "good job" that folks seem willing to do is a manufacturing job?

The gap between openings and hires is because some businesses advertise for new workers they have no intention of hiring. It helps keep the old workers in check. As for manufacturing, it used to provide an economic floor to most communities. Even if you couldn't get a better job, at least you could eventually get a job in the factory if you knew somebody or waited long enough. That is no longer the case. Heck to even get a job at most of the factories in our area now you have to go through some drawn out 7, 8, 10 step interview process that can take weeks and weeks.

The gap between openings and hires is because some businesses advertise for new workers they have no intention of hiring.

Wtf? So now you think it is a grand conspiracy plot by the evil HR. Lady?

Tell me more please..

No the HR lady does what she is told.

Lmao I still can't believe you said company's would waste their time putting up help wanted signs , with no intentions of hiring anyone.

Lmao..

I can see it now.

The boss man to the HR lady " hey hr lady I am bored, let's mes with the public and put up help wanted signs"

HR lady says " ok, but you know my phone will blow up"

Boss man says " it will give you something to do"

The gap between openings and hires is because some businesses advertise for new workers they have no intention of hiring. It helps keep the old workers in check. As for manufacturing, it used to provide an economic floor to most communities. Even if you couldn't get a better job, at least you could eventually get a job in the factory if you knew somebody or waited long enough. That is no longer the case. Heck to even get a job at most of the factories in our area now you have to go through some drawn out 7, 8, 10 step interview process that can take weeks and weeks.

The gap between openings and hires is because some businesses advertise for new workers they have no intention of hiring.

Tell me more please..

Lmao I still can't believe you said company's would waste their time putting up help wanted signs , with no intentions of hiring anyone.

Lmao..

I can see it now.

The boss man to the HR lady " hey hr lady I am bored, let's mes with the public and put up help wanted signs"

What makes you think it is a waste if it keeps your employees in check knowing they can be replaced if they start demanding more wages. I know of two different local businesses that have run ads that required responding to a PO Box and then fired their current employees who sent in a resume. Perfectly legal in my state but their justification is that employees planning on leaving are at an increased risk of stealing company property like client/vendor lists and so forth. Some companies will run the ad even when they have already filled the position from within.

Tell me more please..

Lmao..

I can see it now.

What makes you think it is a waste if it keeps your employees in check knowing they can be replaced if they start demanding more wages. I know of two different local businesses that have run ads that required responding to a PO Box and then fired their current employees who sent in a resume. Perfectly legal in my state but their justification is that employees planning on leaving are at an increased risk of stealing company property like client/vendor lists and so forth. Some companies will run the ad even when they have already filled the position from within.

Iknow of two different local businesses that have run ads that required responding to a PO Boxand then fired their currentemployees who sent in a resume.

Damn talk about urban legends, so they couldn't fire them any other way?

Why would a company fire someone. for sending out a resume?

Tell me more please..

Lmao..

I can see it now.

Iknow of two different local businesses that have run ads that required responding to a PO Boxand then fired their currentemployees who sent in a resume.

Red:
Reason would suggest the employees sending their resumes and being fired were coincidentally related rather than causally so. Absent specific evidence indicating their resume submission is what inspired their being fired, I would not accept that as the reason why they were fired, not even if the employees, and no the firm's HR department, were to tell me so. Were the fired employees to ascribe their dismissal to their tendering resumes, I wouldn't think they are deliberately lying (though that possibility wouldn't be eliminated from the realm of ones that may explain the event) nor would I accuse them of doing so. I would hold simply that they are mistaken.

Tell me more please..

Lmao..

I can see it now.

Red:
Reason would suggest the employees sending their resumes and being fired were coincidentally related rather than causally so. Absent specific evidence indicating their resume submission is what inspired their being fired, I would not accept that as the reason why they were fired, not even if the employees, and no the firm's HR department, were to tell me so. Were the fired employees to ascribe their dismissal to their tendering resumes, I wouldn't think they are deliberately lying (though that possibility wouldn't be eliminated from the realm of ones that may explain the event) nor would I accuse them of doing so. I would hold simply that they are mistaken.

I learned about these incidents from someone I used to work for when I was asking why they had their resumes sent to a PO Box. They said it was to avoid people showing up in person and then said others do it for other reasons and told me which two businesses had done this. Knowing those business reputations, didn't surprise me in the least.

Tell me more please..

Lmao..

I can see it now.

Are you serious? That is actually pretty common. Why do you think many job application ask "is it okay to contact your current employer?" Why, it's because many employers fire employees who are looking for another job.

Tell me more please..

Lmao..

I can see it now.

Are you serious? That is actually pretty common. Why do you think many job application ask "is it okay to contact your current employer?" Why, it's because many employers fire employees who are looking for another job.

Well it must be in some industry I never worked in, manufacturing, construction...I never heard that devious story before, I just tried to back up your claim and skimmed a few pages of Google.

I am not saying you are lying I was mistaken to say it in the above post, because I know H.R. they are capable of anything.I just think its funny and I want to read a few story's on the subject.

Lmao..

I can see it now.

Well it must be in some industry I never worked in, manufacturing, construction...I never heard that devious story before, I just tried to back up your claim and skimmed a few pages of Google.

I am not saying you are lying I was mistaken to say it in the above post, because I know H.R. they are capable of anything.I just think its funny and I want to read a few story's on the subject.

Looking for a New Job? It Could Get You Fired

10 Tips for Finding a New Job Without Getting Fired

Hide your tracks when looking for another job

Lmao..

I can see it now.

Unbelievable, but true, some companies don't want their employees looking to improve themselves. I myself would NEVER work for such a company, but they are out there.

Lmao..

I can see it now.

Damn after reading these links I am going to have to be more careful in the future.

Damn after reading these links I am going to have to be more careful in the future.

I think it is a psycho thing for an employer to do personally, but reality is psychotic at times. What they are really doing is discouraging people from even trying to move up within their own company by acquiring additional skills/training IMO.

I've even heard stories, and believe them, of fast food companies rotating schedules around so that an employee simply doesn't have a set schedule so that they can get a second job if they desire one. Because they want those employees available to come in on a whim should they need extra help.

THAT my friend is disgusting behavior.

I've even heard stories, and believe them, of fast food companies rotating schedules around so that an employee simply doesn't have a set schedule so that they can get a second job if they desire one. Because they want those employees available to come in on a whim should they need extra help.

It is, especially as we move to an era when people may have to have 2 or 3 part time jobs instead of one full time job. Hopefully more employers will have to become more set in their scheduling to keep workers but transitions are tough, especially when people become obstinate.

They do that in manufacturing now also, unheard of a few years ago a worker works fulltime on 1sr for a week then switches to 2nd.

It is, especially as we move to an era when people may have to have 2 or 3 part time jobs instead of one full time job. Hopefully more employers will have to become more set in their scheduling to keep workers but transitions are tough, especially when people become obstinate.

I have an ex friend who owns a McD franchise. A few years ago he had to remodel his store, requiring they close for a week He told his employees the day before the remodel started that they would be off for a week with no pay. That was the end of our friendship, I don't agree with treating people that way. He knew MONTHS in advance and could have given those people more advance notice than that.

You think he's the only one though?

They do that in manufacturing now also, unheard of a few years ago a worker works fulltime on 1sr for a week then switches to 2nd.

And of course the ONLY reason for that is to ensure that their employers can't schedule another job. It doesn't benefit the company in any other way.

And of course the ONLY reason for that is to ensure that their employers can't schedule another job. It doesn't benefit the company in any other way.

I never realized that till today, I thought the employees liked it or something, I would never do a schedule like that, either all days or all on third.

Forum List

Back