Why is it that the most heavily populated cities vote for Kerry?

Because it takes a village to raise idiots tricked into thinking they CAN be self-sufficient but they just don't want to?

Obviously, those idiots are drawn to the larger villages.

-Cp said:
Because it takes a village to raise idiots tricked into thinking they CAN be self-sufficient but they just don't want to?

Obviously, those idiots are drawn to the larger villages.

:rotflmao: .....oh wait I'm in one of those larger villages.. :wtf:

don't get mad, but i think it might have something to do with the huge variety of life in cities.
For example people are exposed to lots of different people, lifestyles, races, ways of living, ways of thinking etc etc...in a sense maybe they are even exposed to too much!. i think this overexposeure leads in a way to a kind of relativism, in that people see that there is not one right way of living, but there are many, not one right job, there are many, not one right ethnic cusine, but many etc etc... i think this realisation leads people to be more tolerant of difference in many ways. one of the ways this is reflected is in a more liberal, libertarian political viewpoint. just a theory but it makes sense to me.
:afro:

Redz said:
don't get mad, but i think it might have something to do with the huge variety of life in cities.
For example people are exposed to lots of different people, lifestyles, races, ways of living, ways of thinking etc etc...in a sense maybe they are even exposed to too much!. i think this overexposeure leads in a way to a kind of relativism, in that people see that there is not one right way of living, but there are many, not one right job, there are many, not one right ethnic cusine, but many etc etc... i think this realisation leads people to be more tolerant of difference in many ways. one of the ways this is reflected is in a more liberal, libertarian political viewpoint. just a theory but it makes sense to me.
:afro:

No. It's because you metrosexuals are so anxious to be considered intellectual and chic that willingly eschew the knowledge inherent in your own cultural heritage in order to appear "open minded" and "politicially correct". That's the real truth. Don't get mad.

:beer: Let's have a Harp! That stuff rocks!

I personally believe it is the education system in bigger cities. They are extremely liberal and if your viewpoint is different than theirs, especially in college, then you are considered, a racist, homophob, idiot, you name it.

The smaller towns I have lived in have a much more nuetral education system, might be because parents are more involved, I don't know.

Also, it is true, more people suckin off of the ol' gov ***

rtwngAvngr said:
No. It's because you metrosexuals are so anxious to be considered intellectual and chic that willingly eschew the knowledge inherent in your own cultural heritage in order to appear "open minded" and "politicially correct". That's the real truth. Don't get mad.

:beer: Let's have a Harp! That stuff rocks!

what knowledge inherant in cultural heritage?
i'm naturally open minded and i don't like political correctness as it is a form of censorship.
remember i'm a relativist and i don't believe in truth, only what works!
i won't get mad

ps. any ideas on the adminstrations straussian myth yet?
i know what my money is on!

Harp is nice..Guniness is better tho..its like a meal and a drink

The night of the election, Ron Reagan Jr. called rural America "homophobes". Frankly, he is the BIGGEST homophobe on TV. Any gay man that denies he is gay for whatever personal reasons, is, in my opinion, a homophobe himself. If he is so proud of homosexuals, then HE needs to come out of the closet. It is so obvious he is gay it is pathetic, but he continues to hide behind his wife and kids in an attempt to appeal to an audiance.

Zhukov said:
Whatever the reason, I think it's a pretty clear indication people weren't meant to live that densely amongst each other.

it is also pretty clear people weren't meant to be that dense!

-Cp said:
Is it because there's a higher concentration of morons or?

Watch Jay Leno some night when he does his "J" walking segment, and your question will be answered.

'Course that's L.A., the land of fruits and nuts.

Pale Rider said:
Watch Jay Leno some night when he does his "J" walking segment, and your question will be answered.

'Course that's L.A., the land of fruits and nuts.

Hell, Hannity's "Man on the Street" was funny as hell too. He would send his assistant, Flipper, out on the street and have her ask people who they were voting for. Bush, or Curry and they would reply with "curry". Then he would ask, "ok, do you know the name of his running mate?" [you hear silence], "you know, his running mate, Stu Peed". They would reply, "oh yeah, him, yeah, he's good". I mean, these folks would be clueless! ALl they knew was, they weren't voting for Bush.

The morning talk radio, 780 AM here in Reno was doing a real funny segment on the "youth vote", and them "not showing up". They have these two kids talking and saying "we were sooo like going to show up, but we got into this all nighter party, and we were like really wasted, and too burnt out to show up". Funny thing is, I said exactly the same thing would happen right here on this board probably two months ago, and it will never change.

Pale Rider said:
The morning talk radio, 780 AM here in Reno was doing a real funny segment on the "youth vote", and them "not showing up". They have these two kids talking and saying "we were sooo like going to show up, but we got into this all nighter party, and we were like really wasted, and too burnt out to show up". Funny thing is, I said exactly the same thing would happen right here on this board probably two months ago, and it will never change.

actually the youth vote did show up in considerably larger numbers than previous elections... their effect was just marganialized by the higher turnout of Americans in general.

NATO AIR said:
actually the youth vote did show up in considerably larger numbers than previous elections... their effect was just marganialized by the higher turnout of Americans in general.

there numbers were bigger, but the percentage, 17% was the same. Furthermore, they split their vote almost 50-50 so they really had NO impact.

Could it be due to how big cities cater to 'education' or 'intelligence' whereas small towns cater to 'wisdom'?

It's quite possible to be so educated or so intelligent basic, common sense is shed.

-=d=- said:
Could it be due to how big cities cater to 'education' or 'intelligence' whereas small towns cater to 'wisdom'?

It's quite possible to be so educated or so intelligent basic, common sense is shed.

It could also be that the large urban areass have the infrastructure to support those looking for welfare and handouts. Pretty hard to look for free food, handouts, etc.(and sympathy) in Smalltown USA where most folks are more than happy to help those in need but are reluctant so provide aid to those who want to live their lives like that.

Also of interest is that the majority of hard-core environmentalists live, not in the coutnry, but in the city - where the environment has been paved over and pollution is rampant. For most of them, "the environemt" is a place to take Saturday day hikes as a form of recreation and entertainment.

And the monied environemtnalists build virtual palaces in the woods, referring to them as "cabins" to which they drive in their Landrovers.

Forum List

Back