CDZ Why Is It That It's The Younger Generation That Are The MASS MURDERERS?

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
GUNS have been around for CENTURIES, but we never had MASS KILLINGS before like we see today, so the question is simple, WHY IS IT that it's the YOUNGER GENERATION that have turned into the MASS MURDERERS?

OBVIOUSLY this ISN'T a GUN ISSUE. It's a WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE YOUNGER GENERATION ISSUE.

Explain that...

You should explain why you think its a younger generation issue? You do realize most mass murders occurred prior to the 70's?
Really? Find me a link to mass school shooting by an older person in the 70's... I'll wait... in fact, show me ANY link to multiple mass shootings by an older person...

GUNS have been around for CENTURIES, but we never had MASS KILLINGS before like we see today, so the question is simple, WHY IS IT that it's the YOUNGER GENERATION that have turned into the MASS MURDERERS?

OBVIOUSLY this ISN'T a GUN ISSUE. It's a WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE YOUNGER GENERATION ISSUE.

Explain that...

These kids do not value life. They are learning growing up hating themselves on a social-media led world where answers, results and gratification do not come nearly fast enough to meet the demands of their instantaneous, push-button world. They are seeing the world around them and saying they want out.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Explain that...

These kids do not value life. They are learning growing up hating themselves on a social-media led world where answers, results and gratification do not come nearly fast enough to meet the demands of their instantaneous, push-button world. They are seeing the world around them and saying they want out.
Good observation... but is that really bad enough to drive them to mass murder?

Do they think murdering people will make them feel better? Who's teaching them that? Where do they get that idea?

For the same reason young men get in scraps at bars, or do violent things in general. Angry, testosterone, uncaring, disenchanted. In this case, as with most I presume; mental and emotional problems contribute to their actions.

There is no easy solution.

Their sensitive parents. Their parents taught them that they were part of the master race and now they realize their parents lied to them.
Just so you know... I reported that post... it's PURE TROLLING, and you know it.

Last edited:
The other component IMO is media glorification. We need to stop naming them, and putting out their pictures and their manifesto and their social media crap etc etc. They need to be declared non-persons because the fame is appealing to someone who is at the end of his rope. "This way, everyone will know my name, at least I will be famous!"

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Explain that...

Good observation... but is that really bad enough to drive them to mass murder?

Do they think murdering people will make them feel better? Who's teaching them that? Where do they get that idea?

The message that life is cheap and full of hate is coming from them from every direction: their families, the news, their schools, movies, social media, everywhere. They know it is WRONG, but unlike the NY man who is cutting up his AR-15 as a symbol of his rejection, these kids are simply cutting up themselves and their part of the world and rejecting life. Pink Floyd's The Wall has finally come to fruition.

For the same reason young men get in scraps at bars, or do violent things in general. Angry, testosterone, uncaring, disenchanted. In this case, as with most I presume; mental and emotional problems contribute to their actions.

We've had those things forever and never had mass school shootings.

Times were a lot tougher back in the depression, and I we didn't have kids going to school and shooting everyone. There's something about these kids that has infected their brain... and dare I say it has something to do with what their teaching them in schools, since schools are always their target.

Why don't they go shoot up a walmart, or somewhere else? It's got something to do with schools, and who runs the schools?

Explain that...
prior to 60's politics this was never a problem

Here's my take on it, FWIW:
WE ARE ALL TO BLAME!!!!!!
My part is that I consume media that glorifies, and obsesses about violence. That will stop today.
The media makes this crap, passes it off as "art" and then tells you that you are somehow deficient if you don't consume it with glee. However, they are merely giving us what we want, they are in the business of making money after all. Therefore:
YOU are to blame if you consume this drivel, as I have stated about myself.
YOU are to blame if you have not used what voice you have to stand up and tell the media you don't want it.

To break it down then, if you are serious about putting an end to the violence, do something TODAY to send a message to the media that you have had enough.

That said, It's not just the media. How many of these shooters have come from stable, healthy families, that have a firm moral grounding, with BOTH parents present? Another part of the puzzle.

Plus, the availability of guns. Yes, we need to look at the possibility of changing gun laws. There MAY be a part there, there may not. Let's have a rational discussion of actual ideas that can realistically, and constitutionally be implemented.

Lastly, mental health certainly is a part of the puzzle as well. Do we need laws that make it easier to lock people up against their will if they are a threat? Maybe, let's talk about it. Are there nearly always warning signs that were dismissed, or out right ignored? Sure. Let's have a discussion about that too. There was a time, I'm told, that people knew their neighbors. Not just their names, but their lives too. Now, people are seen as "nosey", or "gossips" if they want to know the people around them like this. That has a part to play as well.

That should about sum it up, and offend pretty much everyone. If I missed you, it was purely by change and an accidental oversight but, by all means, be offended about that as well. Which illustrates my last point. If you missed it, well, to damn bad, I'm not going to spell it out for you.

OBVIOUSLY this ISN'T a GUN ISSUE. It's a WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE YOUNGER GENERATION ISSUE. Explain that...
It's our culture.

Music, teevee, video games, movies, internet.

They're steeped in violence and numb to death and suffering. And then they're isolated by the internet.

This is a self-inflicted wound, no pun intended. We're allowing this to happen. It's right in front of us.

Last edited:
Children are raised with the okayness of death. Kill the unborn. Kill the old. Kill the disabled. Take LOTS of drugs. Be indulged. Call it, attack of the killer snowflakes.

We've had those things forever and never had mass school shootings.

Times were a lot tougher back in the depression, and I we didn't have kids going to school and shooting everyone. There's something about these kids that has infected their brain... and dare I say it has something to do with what their teaching them in schools, since schools are always their target.

Why don't they go shoot up a walmart, or somewhere else? It's got something to do with schools, and who runs the schools?

They really hate the kids they go to school with.

Why Is It That It's The Younger Generation That Are The MASS MURDERERS?
Because prudence and perspicacity take time to develop, and some people don't develop those qualities until "it's too late."

Forum List

Back