Why is it so important to atheists to evangelize?

Adds to the discourse, livens the debate, and it can be fun! :)

Edit: Then again... I don't spend a lot of time on this. But it's fun to read sometimes.

Really, why?

If G-d doesn't exist then why do you spend soooo much time and resources writing books and movies, posting on message boards, etc... to slander a god that doesn't exist.

I mean really, why not divide your time between G-d and Santa Clause?

Athiests don't argue with fairy tales. They don't find fault with god. They find fault with people like you. We are just trying to make the human race smarter. You are trying to make people dumber..we resent that.

I useta know a man whose brain
was small.
Couldn't thinka nothin'
at all.
He wasn't like you and me.
He didn't dig poetry​

Man, that guy was so un-hep
When you said Dylan..
He though you was talking 'bout
Dylan Thomas
(Whoever he was!)

The
Man
Ain't
Got
No
Culture

Paul Simon​

Last edited:
Really, why?

If G-d doesn't exist then why do you spend soooo much time and resources writing books and movies, posting on message boards, etc... to slander a god that doesn't exist.

We don't have santa clause coming to our doors 52 weeks a year. We have JW and LDS though.

Really, why?

Athiests don't argue with fairy tales. They don't find fault with god. They find fault with people like you. We are just trying to make the human race smarter. You are trying to make people dumber..we resent that.

:rolleyes:

Atheist are just as entitled to free speech as JW, LDS, Moonie, etc. Atheists don't go door to door or accost people in the street like Fred Phelps does. Atheists don't call other people demons like Neubarth does. Atheists are not evangelists.
Definition evangelical: : emphasizing salvation by faith in the atoning death of Jesus Christ through personal conversion, the authority of Scripture, and the importance of preaching as contrasted with ritual.

Last edited:
Atheist are just as entitled to free speech as JW, LDS, Moonie, etc. Atheists don't go door to door or accost people in the street like Fred Phelps does. Atheists don't call other people demons like Neubarth does. Atheists are not evangelists.
Definition evangelical: : emphasizing salvation by faith in the atoning death of Jesus Christ through personal conversion, the authority of Scripture, and the importance of preaching as contrasted with ritual.

Well, atheists don't believe in daemons, so what is it to an atheist to be called a daemon?

Really, why?

We don't have santa clause coming to our doors 52 weeks a year. We have JW and LDS though.

Either you have really bad karma or you live in a bad neighborhood.:lol:

Seriously? You have a JW or LDS person come by every week? They must think you are such a nice or interested person in their twisted deception.

And you should at least get Santa to come by one out of 365 days. You should consider moving. ;)

Standing naked on the front porch with and erection and a shot gun works too.

Well, atheists don't believe in daemons, so what is it to an atheist to be called a daemon?

For me personally it has no meaning. The word shows how confused the bearer of the "insult" is. There is no more impact than if called "the tooth fairy".

The JW have gotten cheap these days and don't give out magazines. They used to have the Watchtower and the Awake. One of them actually was newsy and enjoyable to read.

I see no reason to get annoyed when religious sales people arrive at your door. You can quickly send them on their way with a polite "Thanks, I'm not interested in your church". It's such a non-problem.

Really, why?

Not only is this a wide sweeping generalization, it's actually a mis-generalization.

Sure, some atheists might fit your description, but I'd say it's a very small percentage and they no more represent atheists in general than Fred Phelps represents people of faith in general.

And even evangelical atheists still haven't asked me for any money. :D

Forum List

Back