Why is it so hard to have a civil discussion in the Israel/Palestine forum?

Like I said, this whole thread is a joke. The person who started it is the number one cause of why we can't have a civil conversation.

You are not exactly a self-aware person, are you Roudy??!!

Honestly...has this forum ever seen anyone as constantly abusive, so constantly off-topic or so childishly dishonest as you?

There is no one else even in the same league...and I do think it is notable that when you are not here the standard of debate is a little better.

Anyway....I'll leave it there. I suspect this thread will run for aother 50 pages.

Like I said, this whole thread is a joke. The person who started it is the number one cause of why we can't have a civil conversation.

You are not exactly a self-aware person, are you Roudy??!!

Honestly...has this forum ever seen anyone as constantly abusive, so constantly off-topic or so childishly dishonest as you?

There is no one else even in the same league...and I do think it is notable that when you are not here the standard of debate is a little better.

Anyway....I'll leave it there. I suspect this thread will run for aother 50 pages.

I have very little tolerance for whiners, liars, false propagandists, and bigots in disguise like you. But then again, I never created a whiney thread. complaining about the oven is so hot. Those like you and Billo who dish it out, should expect the same in return.

Resistance is not the issue the acts of terrorism are. You keep on attempting to justify the killing of noncombatants, civilians, women and children by the Palestinian terrorists with no valid reason. Then you have the nerve ask why there is no civil discussion in the Israeli/Palestine forum.
Why is it, you cannot address a single point I made? Why is it, you refuse to discuss the many acts of terrorism Israel commits? Why is it, you insist on lying about what I am saying?

What acts of terrorism have Israel committed then ?

I must admit that there is an inordinate amount of name calling and terse replies by both sides. I thought that at least some sort of link to back one's claim was either part of the rules or at least a common courtesy so that all could see where the information to back the argument was coming from and the context with which it comes from as well.

I have seen some posters do this on a regular basis, is it perhaps that some of the others have gotten tired of posting the same links over and over again? I do not know. I do know that sometimes I do get frustrated having to do so in thread after thread.

Then of course, it is always nice to be accused of being paid to post here; that one goes miles towards civility, especially when that is the only rebuttal the poster has meaning several posts in a row claiming the same thing.

Just thought I'd throw this out there . . . . .

I must admit that there is an inordinate amount of name calling and terse replies by both sides. I thought that at least some sort of link to back one's claim was either part of the rules or at least a common courtesy so that all could see where the information to back the argument was coming from and the context with which it comes from as well.

I have seen some posters do this on a regular basis, is it perhaps that some of the others have gotten tired of posting the same links over and over again? I do not know. I do know that sometimes I do get frustrated having to do so in thread after thread.

Then of course, it is always nice to be accused of being paid to post here; that one goes miles towards civility, especially when that is the only rebuttal the poster has meaning several posts in a row claiming the same thing.

Just thought I'd throw this out there . . . . .

Links and sources aren't required Teddy, but they do help bolster a person's argument. I do get tired of posting the same things over and over (to the same people) so I don't always supply links anymore.

More civility would be nice but I wouldn't hold your breath. When things get heated up, usually with a large influx of new posters or a sudden flare up in the ME - civility goes down the tubes imo. Keep in mind - you might get accused of being paid to post here. I get accused of being a terrorist supporter with ties to the MB and worse. So take your pick. It does get old.

But I do appreciate your civil attitude here, along with others like Tinmore, Rocco and Aris and Amnity (though she no longer posts here). It makes for better discussions :)

So, please tell me what you mean by "bullshit reasons"? Do you think the kidnapping and murder of the three kids was made up? Do you think that Israel went in a fired rockets on themselves from Gaza?
They said Hamas did it, when Hamas didn't do it.

Nope, one of Hamas' clerics was caught on video in Turkey admitting to it.

"Hamas' clerics"

you mean, "cleric" as in -- these pathetic, scraggly-bearded, pajama-wearing, backward, cro-magnum/neanderthal-thinking "spiritual cleric" leaders who ...'spiritually' counsel vicious, cut-throat islamic terrorists ???

yeah yeah, run "cleric," run....GO counsel your ...flock

So we should simply discount all your past trolling, verbal attacks, insults and profanity, just because suddenly you opened this ridiculously hypocritical thread? :cuckoo:
No, I'm not saying that at all. I'm responsible for everything I've ever said.

Links and sources aren't required Teddy, but they do help bolster a person's argument. I do get tired of posting the same things over and over (to the same people) so I don't always supply links anymore.

More civility would be nice but I wouldn't hold your breath. When things get heated up, usually with a large influx of new posters or a sudden flare up in the ME - civility goes down the tubes imo. Keep in mind - you might get accused of being paid to post here. I get accused of being a terrorist supporter with ties to the MB and worse. So take your pick. It does get old.

But I do appreciate your civil attitude here, along with others like Tinmore, Rocco and Aris and Amnity (though she no longer posts here). It makes for better discussions :)
The jury is still out on Aris.

You're right about Tinny and Rocco. Was that a cartoon? Rocco and his friends? Or was it a Beatle song?

Rocco raccoon
stepped in to his room
only to find
Tinmore's bible!

I have very little tolerance for whiners, liars, false propagandists, and bigots in disguise like you. But then again, I never created a whiney thread. complaining about the oven is so hot. Those like you and Billo who dish it out, should expect the same in return.

:thup:

It is a form of discourse used in desperation or by those spreading disinformation
referred to as adhominem and logic fallacy
I think I had it out of order. I believe the correct order of the phrase is "if you can't argue the facts argue the logic. If you can't argue the logic attack the messenger"
The point being people who resort to this are being intellectually dishonest
When you learn debate and public speaking, you are warned about what not to do and how to handle those who do resort to this behavior.

Everyone should be aware not to make personal attack, but teasing or making fun of some aspect of what another person says is hard for some to avoid, even having a joke at the attacker's expense. There are also ways of belittling or insult a person in a round about way that can sound like a compliment. Or if you are insulted or attacked you can turn it into a compliment and undercut the attackers ability to insult your. Take the steam out the balloon.
I know what you meant, I was just fuckin' with ya!

you mean, "cleric" as in -- these pathetic, scraggly-bearded, pajama-wearing, backward, cro-magnum/neanderthal-thinking "spiritual cleric" leaders who ...'spiritually' counsel vicious, cut-throat islamic terrorists ???

This is a great example of the kind of posting we end up wading through en masse. Someho I don't think 'member' is very interested in informed debate.

Forum List

Back