Why is it ok to say "Whites won't vote for Obama"?

For the record: I disagree with your interpretation of her comments.

However, for the sake of argument, I'll consider your interpretation that she probably does think Obama will get the votes of these die-hard democrats in the general. Of course this begs the question: On what basis then does she think she is more electable than Obama?

On the basis that, oh I don't know, the polls prove it? She leads McCain by a larger margin in many polls.

Also, being someone who actually studies demographics, it's also been proven that Republicans are more likely to vote for Clinton over their dissatisfaction with McCain. Whereas more Clinton supporters are more likely to vote for McCain over their dissatisfaction with Obama. I don't have the link to these polls, they were performed during the recent primaries.

Clinton can guarantee wins in Pennsylvania, Florida, Michigan, Arkansas, Ohio, and New Jersey. She actually stands a chance in West Virginia, Tennessee, and possibly even Texas.

If Obama is the nominee, expect to see the aforementioned states turn red this November.

Wikia, you make it sound like being black is something to be ashamed of.

Hardly the case, I am very proud. :cool: Just pointing out a few things that some people might have overlooked as a cause for her losing the African American vote.

Hardly the case, I am very proud. :cool: Just pointing out a few things that some people might have overlooked as a cause for her losing the African American vote.

I read through your list and I don't understand how talking about different groups of people offends any group of people. The only comment I can see anyone taking offense to, and even that's a bit of a stretch, is Bill Clinton's remark about Jesse Jackson. On Ferraro, I don't recall her saying what you posted. Teen drug use? Give me a break.

But please do explain to me why no one is allowed to talk about black people without being accused of being racist or playing the race card. I tried substituting different groups of people in the comments you posted to see if I'd feel differently, but I didn't.

I read through your list and I don't understand how talking about different groups of people offends any group of people. The only comment I can see anyone taking offense to, and even that's a bit of a stretch, is Bill Clinton's remark about Jesse Jackson. On Ferraro, I don't recall her saying what you posted. Teen drug use? Give me a break.

But please do explain to me why no one is allowed to talk about black people without being accused of being racist or playing the race card. I tried substituting different groups of people in the comments you posted to see if I'd feel differently, but I didn't.

People can say whatever they want actually, about any group of people, my point is that some of her camps comments might not have sitted well with the African American community. I do not recall saying she is a racist, I said she brought race into this election. I think you can agree with that?

People can say whatever they want actually, about any group of people, my point is that some of her camps comments might not have sitted well with the African American community. I do not recall saying she is a racist, I said she brought race into this election. I think you can agree with that?

No. I don't think anyone brought race into the campaign. You can't bring in something that exists, though if you want to get technical I'd say it was Obama when he was trying to prove he was black enough.

No. I don't think anyone brought race into the campaign. You can't bring in something that exists, though if you want to get technical I'd say it was Obama when he was trying to prove he was black enough.

I remember him commenting on how people said he wasn't Black enough nor was he White enough. But how is defending who you are making race an issue? He's not saying he should win because hes Black and White or because a lot of Black people are voting for him. However, Hillary is saying that, as I pointed out she stated she is winning the White vote and how that vote is what will win a nomination.

Oh and here are some of Ferraro comments:
“If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any colour) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept.”

"Former Clinton Campaign Fundraiser Geraldine Ferraro said "what I did was I was talking about the historic campaign. Why is it a historic campaign? Is it because he's a Senator from Illinois? I don't think so."

Bottom line is some may or may not take offense to these comments, I was just offering possible answers to why a high percentage of African Americans are not in favor of her.

I can't wait until this primary is over, it's just really tearing people a part and although I am sick of hearing about race and gender I can't help but respond.

I remember him commenting on how people said he wasn't Black enough nor was he White enough. But how is defending who you are making race an issue? He's not saying he should win because hes Black and White or because a lot of Black people are voting for him. However, Hillary is saying that, as I pointed out she stated she is winning the White vote and how that vote is what will win a nomination.

Oh and here are some of Ferraro comments:
“If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any colour) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept.”

"Former Clinton Campaign Fundraiser Geraldine Ferraro said "what I did was I was talking about the historic campaign. Why is it a historic campaign? Is it because he's a Senator from Illinois? I don't think so."

Bottom line is some may or may not take offense to these comments, I was just offering possible answers to why a high percentage of African Americans are not in favor of her.

I can't wait until this primary is over, it's just really tearing people a part and although I am sick of hearing about race and gender I can't help but respond.

I understand that you are explaining that a high percentage of blacks are not in favor of her but I'm just not grasping why that is true. I can think of a few reasons to not be in favor of her but the one's you've offered don't really make any sense to me.

btw, you are the one that started the thread so your last statement makes absolutely no sense at all.

My problem, I really do not like McCain.

That is the positive thing for the Dems to win. Unless Ron Paul runs as an independent and HIllary does also, McCain's umpopularity among those on the right should help elect a Dem president.

Gobama.:clap2:

And a lot of his ties to people like Reverend Wright and Farrakhan don't sit well with white people.

What's your fucking point?

If anyone made race a major issue in this election, it was the media.

Throughout this election the media and supporters of Hillary and Obama have made comments with respect to which group of people will support who. Most predict that majority (not all) of the Democrats who are White in these categories: working class population, the elderly, the uneducated, and/or who live rural areas will not Vote for Obama.

What does this really mean?

Polls and other predictions also reveal that most states that are populated with more Whites support Hillary. Thus implying Whites will not vote for Obama because of his race.

However, some people will argue well Blacks are only voting for Obama b/c he's Black. Yet, how long have Blacks been voting for White candidates vs. how long have Whites been voting for non-White candidates?? This should tell us that Black people do not have a problem voting for someone who is not Black, but Whites might have a problem voting for someone who is.

So my question is why is this acceptable? and what does this primary really say about America and its progress or lack of with respect to racial issues??

There were other reasons people who happened to be white were not going to vote for Obama.

What percentage of the groups listed above voted for Obama in 2008?

For the record: I disagree with your interpretation of her comments.

However, for the sake of argument, I'll consider your interpretation that she probably does think Obama will get the votes of these die-hard democrats in the general. Of course this begs the question: On what basis then does she think she is more electable than Obama?

The economy. The probable fact that the Republicans will swift-boat his ass into
oblivion. Iraq. Terrorism.

She's just got bigger balls than Obama. He's a cupcake supported by eggheads and hippies.

:rofl:

That was Ravir's take on Obama once upon a time...

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back