Why is it ok to say "Whites won't vote for Obama"?

Not to my knowledge.

Agreed. Next question:

In Hillary's comment (that kicked off the hullabaloo): In explaining why she is more electable than Barack, did she not at least imply that some of her white supporters would not vote for him?

Agreed. Next question:

In Hillary's comment (that kicked off the hullabaloo): In explaining why she is more electable than Barack, did she not at least imply that some of her white supporters would not vote for him?

Toss up. I don't know what was going through her mind. She said that she had the support of the majority of white, working class people as the polls reflected. That doesn't mean they wouldn't vote for Obama if he was the nominee.

Toss up. I don't know what was going through her mind. She said that she had the support of the majority of white, working class people as the polls reflected. That doesn't mean they wouldn't vote for Obama if he was the nominee.

For the record: I disagree with your interpretation of her comments.

However, for the sake of argument, I'll consider your interpretation that she probably does think Obama will get the votes of these die-hard democrats in the general. Of course this begs the question: On what basis then does she think she is more electable than Obama?

For the record: I disagree with your interpretation of her comments.

However, for the sake of argument, I'll consider your interpretation that she probably does think Obama will get the votes of these die-hard democrats in the general. Of course this begs the question: On what basis then does she think she is more electable than Obama?

The economy. The probable fact that the Republicans will swift-boat his ass into
oblivion. Iraq. Terrorism.

She's just got bigger balls than Obama. He's a cupcake supported by eggheads and hippies.

The economy. The probable fact that the Republicans will swift-boat his ass into

She's just got bigger balls than Obama. He's a cupcake supported by eggheads and hippies.

That's what you think, and maybe you're right. But we were talking about Hillary's comment, not what you think.

I'll take your standard distraction technique as an act of concession. Consider yourself mani-pwned. :eusa_doh:

That's what you think, and maybe you're right. But we were talking about Hillary's comment, not what you think.

I'll take your standard distraction technique as an act of concession. Consider yourself mani-pwned. :eusa_doh:

Wow, answering YOUR question means I'm distracting from the issue?

bwahahahahahahaha!

What a retard.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :clap2:

lmao! You worded that so well!!! OH, my gosh! :rofl:

Care

Wow, answering YOUR question means I'm distracting from the issue?

bwahahahahahahaha!

What a retard.

You didn't answer it.

You've been once again exposed as an intellectually dishonest agenda whore, courtesy of yours truly.

This has been a USMB public service by your friendly neighborhood manifold.

Please read everything I am saying:

Hillary and her camp along with the media have stated that her vote comes from the non educated white working class and by Hillary focusing on that she is implying that other groups, Blacks, Asians, Hispanics etc. don't really matter, hence having an influence on why Blacks aren't voting for her. Obama has never really concentrated on where his vote comes from yet, he tries to attract everyone.

Furthermore, how long have Blacks been voting for White candidates running for president??? ALWAYS! FOREVER! So I doubt they have a problem voting for Hillary, and most Blacks will vote for her if they have too. On the other hand, how long have Whites been voting for Non-White candidates?? This would be their first real opportunity to do so.

In addition, the states he is losing are full of non-educated White people...hmmm so put two and two together: White educated people have no problem voting for him however, non-educated Whites do?? And we all know southern Whites usually are not fond of electing someone who does not look like them, hence how the south became republican because they promised to fight for segregation. The sad part is these people neglect the fact this his policy is pretty much the same as hers; But I bet when McCain starts talking about how the War will continue and tax cutts for the rich they will change their mind.

Also, some people are saying, well if you do not vote for her your sexist. Well, explain why some women are NOT supporting her? Explain why NARL did not support her? It has nothing to do with her gender, there are a lot of woman who are senators, governors, congressman etc. it's about her character and her tactics that turn people off.

Besides, would a Black or Hispanic or Asian woman have made it this far even if she had just as much credentials as Hillary? Probably not; So again, race is the key factor in why Midwestern, down south uneducated White folk will not vote for a Black person, regardless if its Obama or someone else.

Please read everything I am saying:

Hillary and her camp along with the media have stated that her vote comes from the non educated white working class and by Hillary focusing on that she is implying that other groups, Blacks, Asians, Hispanics etc. don't really matter, hence having an influence on why Blacks aren't voting for her. Obama has never really concentrated on where his vote comes from yet, he tries to attract everyone.

wikia,

it is not hillary that has set up these categories of statistics on citizen votes. the democratic PARTY has not had the majority, white, working class, under 50k a year worker since 1964 according to all polls over the years since then...we've had a good deal of them, but never a majority!

This is an incredible feat for any Democrat to be pulling in this category of voters to the democratic side of the aisle....this could seal the Democratic party as the majority for the next half century!!!

especially coupled with the Repub's own mess ups, ie. president bush, cheney, repub majority congress, exploding national debt, war in iraq managed poorly, slow economy, oil / gas prices, etc...

Furthermore, how long have Blacks been voting for White candidates running for president??? ALWAYS! FOREVER! So I doubt they have a problem voting for Hillary, and most Blacks will vote for her if they have too. On the other hand, how long have Whites been voting for Non-White candidates?? This would be their first real opportunity to do so.

blacks have never had the opportunity to support a strong, viable, black, presidential candidate vs a white viable candidate in the primary before....

this is the first time they have had a choice, other than 2-10 white candidates to choose from...yes, there was shirley chisholm, with getting 158 delegates, but that's as close as it has gotten.

In addition, the states he is losing are full of non-educated White people...hmmm so put two and two together: White educated people have no problem voting for him however, non-educated Whites do?? And we all know southern Whites usually are not fond of electing someone who does not look like them, hence how the south became republican because they promised to fight for segregation. The sad part is these people neglect the fact this his policy is pretty much the same as hers; But I bet when McCain starts talking about how the War will continue and tax cutts for the rich they will change their mind.

See, this is where you went wrong, and the media tried to push racism as being the main reason that these people in the south were not voting for Obama, It turns out that the statistics show that in the 2000 and the 2004 presidential election, these same voters voted for bush instead of gore and bush instead of Kerry, even though they are Democrats...their reasoning was that they could not identify with Kerry and Gore because they were Elitists to them.... and this is how they view Obama, as an elitist....someone who doesn't care or even know, about them...30% of them said they would vote mccain if Hillary did not get the nomination, but 37% of them in the primary in 2000 said they would vote Bush instead of Gore, if Gore won the nomination back then....

So COLOR or being racist, is really not the core issue behind these voters, but more about whether they can relate to the candidate and the candidate can relate to them.

Also, some people are saying, well if you do not vote for her your sexist. Well, explain why some women are NOT supporting her? Explain why NARL did not support her? It has nothing to do with her gender, there are a lot of woman who are senators, governors, congressman etc. it's about her character and her tactics that turn people off.

most female voters are supporting her, and some are not. I don't it has anything to do with her being a female to like her, I believe that she is the strongest candidate, that ALSO happens to be a female. Those that do not support her don't do such because of their own various reasons.

The complaint is not that voters are being sexist....the Media with calling for her to QUIT BEFORE Obama has even won, when she is within a sliver of actually tying or winning would NEVER have happened to a male or another black person rivaling for the spot against Obama, that has been sexist along with continually making fun of Hillary's pant suits has been sexist, and the DNC to a degree has been sexist towards her candidacy...

Besides, would a Black or Hispanic or Asian woman have made it this far even if she had just as much credentials as Hillary? Probably not; So again, race is the key factor in why Midwestern, down south uneducated White folk will not vote for a Black person, regardless if its Obama or someone else.

Shirley Chisholm was and African American Congresswoman that ran for the Presidency decades ago....I think McGovern won the nomination. YOU ARE SIMPLY reflecting what YOUR inner feelings must be telling you...on this issue maybe, but this is NOT what the statistics show with these Democratic voters...and i really think that people, that are calling this racist prematurely, only make racial relations worse in the country imo.... just think about it.....?

Care

can you say welfare
can you say inner city
can you Cadillac
can you say affirmative action
can you say single parent
can you say poverty
can you say lazy
can you say dumb
can you say welfare
built into the view of many starting with their birth milk
can you say affirmative action
can you say....

it isn't right it just is and the constant talk demonstrates that too clearly.

If Hillary somehow wins the nomination, blacks will vote for her.

The fear-mongering implication being peddled...

the implication Clinton is peddling is clear...these white, diehard democrats are indeed racist. To suggest otherwise is ignorant at best and wholly disingenuous at worst.

:eusa_wall:

Throughout this election the media and supporters of Hillary and Obama have made comments with respect to which group of people will support who. Most predict that majority (not all) of the Democrats who are White in these categories: working class population, the elderly, the uneducated, and/or who live rural areas will not Vote for Obama.

What does this really mean?

Polls and other predictions also reveal that most states that are populated with more Whites support Hillary. Thus implying Whites will not vote for Obama because of his race.

However, some people will argue well Blacks are only voting for Obama b/c he's Black. Yet, how long have Blacks been voting for White candidates vs. how long have Whites been voting for non-White candidates?? This should tell us that Black people do not have a problem voting for someone who is not Black, but Whites might have a problem voting for someone who is.

So my question is why is this acceptable? and what does this primary really say about America and its progress or lack of with respect to racial issues??

Why isn't it okay? That's how the demographics are broken down and that's who is voting for whom. If the statistics say Hillary is getting the majority fo working class white voters, and it is based on statistical analysis, then it is fact.

BTW ... that DOESN'T say "whites won't vote for Obama." It says a majority of working-class whites are voting for Clinton. So what you are attempting to push as "acceptable" isn't even a real issue.

What is acceptable is that the statistics are what they are. The message you are sending loud and clear is that you don't give a damn about the facts if they don't support what you want.

What it really means is you can be counted on to present the truth only if it is coincidental with your skewed views.

Maybe they don't agree with him? Why is it OK that over 80% of Blacks are voting for Obama? They all agree with all he says? Or they fall in line along racial lines? It's more than obvious.

That'll never sell to the left. Don't you recall last election? Anyone who voted for Bush was just too stupid to be allowed to vote?:rolleyes:

The elitists know what is best for you. You must be assimilated. Resistence is futile.;)

And, of course, we can't talk about the fact that he has 90% of the black vote. Now *that's* racist.

Weird, I just thought it was demographics.

Well Hillary is 'white' and 'female', so demographics say she should carry 90% of female and 90% of white Democrats? I don't think so. Within each interest group, there are those that would find more pressing issues. Which is why McCain picks off some of hers. BTW some of Obama's too.

Question is, why does Obama get the 90's of black vote? Clinton and McCain would be idiots to not point out, both are not idiots.

Well Hillary is 'white' and 'female', so demographics say she should carry 90% of female and 90% of white Democrats? I don't think so. Within each interest group, there are those that would find more pressing issues. Which is why McCain picks off some of hers. BTW some of Obama's too.

Question is, why does Obama get the 90's of black vote? Clinton and McCain would be idiots to not point out, both are not idiots.

And of course you have only the best interests in the outcome of the election in saying that. :rolleyes:

and i really think that people, that are calling this racist prematurely, only make racial relations worse in the country imo.... just think about it.....?

Care

I agree, but let’s look at some of the comments made by the Hillary camp:

1. Hillary’s comments in her interview with USA Today:
“I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on,” she said in the interview, citing an article by The Associated Press as evidence that “found how Senator Obama’s support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me.”
“There’s a pattern emerging here,” she said
While she said her remarks weren’t meant to be divisive, they’re already whipping around the Internet. “These are the people you have to win if you’re a Democrat in sufficient numbers to actually win the election. Everybody knows that,” she said in the interview. (NY Times)

2. Bill Clintons comments: I think it’s been immensely impressive to me to see in the audiences whether they were predominantly African American, predominantly....white, or totally integrated, there has not been a great deal of difference in the questions people ask....

3. More of Bill’s comments, he was asked about the comments Senator Kerry made toward him and how Obama is taking on not just Hillary but himself as well, this was his response: BC: [Laughs] That’s just bait, too. Jesse Jackson won South Carolina twice, in ‘84 and ‘88. And he ran a good campaign, and Senator Obama's run a good campaign here. He’s run a good campaign everywhere, he’s got a, he is a good candidate, with a good organization.
(Bill had no reason to bring up Jesse Jacksons win other than to inject race into this election.)

4. Ferrero saying Obama is only here because of Affirmative Action.

5. Mr. Begala, a Clinton supporter, said on CNN “the party could not win in November with just “eggheads and African-Americans,”

6. In a 10-minute confab on the cold air strip at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Clinton said sorry to her Illinois rival for the controversial remarks of her top New Hampshire adviser Bill Shaheen, who on Wednesday said Obama's teen drug use might sink him in a general election.

7. Hillary Clinton supporters John Lewis and Andrew Young declared that Obama made race an issue. However, these two have a history of making race an issue to incite racial tensions, look at the ad for Fulton County Commission Chairman John Eaves at the end of the 2006 election cycle they participated in.

8. Hillary down playing the role of MLK- “ Dr. King’s dream began to be realized when President Lyndon Johnson passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964,” Clinton told FOX News last week in remarks that sparked the current conflict. “It took a president to get it done”.

9. Garin brags, specifically and explicitly, about her strength with the white vote, comparing North Carolina's white voters in North Carolina to those in Virginia,"We lost the white electorate in Virginia, started even in North Carolina among the white electorate just two weeks ago, and ended [with] a very significant win of 24 points among those voters," he said, acknowledging that among black voters, Clinton "did not do as well as we would want or need."

So you are telling me Hillary or people in her camp DID NOT MAKE race an issue?? You don’t think that some of those comments had a backlash i.e losing a lot of the African American Vote?

“Regrettably, they have resorted to distasteful and condescending language that appeals to our fears rather than our hopes. I sincerely hope that they'll turn away from such reactionary, disparaging rhetoric."

You seem to be suggesting that whites illogically vote against blacks, while blacks logically vote for whites, or blacks. But you miss many things, starting with the obvious point that a first opportunity to vote for a co-ethnic is hardly evidence that prior votes for non-ethnics were heartfelt. Beyond that, it sounds like you just don't like whites.

Forum List

Back