Why is it ok for black people to love watermelon but it's racist to notice?

I am Caucasian, and don't mind the slightest that certain types of food or activities are associated with groups of Whites (German, Italian, etc.). I therefore cannot understand why Blacks are offended when certain foods, such as fried chicken or watermelon, are associated with their race.

I thought it was well know that certain cultures and ethnicities favored certain foods and that pride was involved in the preparation and consumption of these foods.

When I say that Blacks, on average, have a stronger preference for fried chicken than Whites, on average, I am not criticizing or mocking anyone or anything.

Perhaps I am too insensitive to the feelings of Blacks, or it could be that some Blacks need to stop seeing everything in terms of racial overtones.

Maybe I am old and simplistic. But when I see a Black man eating a watermelon, all I see is a man refreshing himself with something cold, sweet and delicious. It makes me want to trade places with him. My refresher of choice is alcoholic, but to each his own.

I love fried chicken, I love watermelon...help I'm a black person in a white person's body.....!!!

I know a guy who lost his job because he bought a watermelon.

It was the EZ-Lube. It was screamingly hot and the manager brought in a watermelon iced down in an ice chest for the guys. The one black guy on the crew walked off and refused to have any. He later lodged a complaint of racial harassement against the manager for bringing in the watermelon and the company just let him go.

Are you serious?

I'd doubt it.

She has all kinds of wacky 'I know someone who' stories.

HaHa I just had fried chicken and water melon for dinner last night. Yeah I'm black so tfw.

It was the EZ-Lube. It was screamingly hot and the manager brought in a watermelon iced down in an ice chest for the guys. The one black guy on the crew walked off and refused to have any. He later lodged a complaint of racial harassement against the manager for bringing in the watermelon and the company just let him go.

Are you serious?

S/He's seriously full of shit, yes.

White guy by way of Irish genes and I am a watermelon addict in the summer. And the only reason I don't eat them in the winter is I can't find any that taste as good. Been dealing with the same guy at the local farmers' market for about 10 years now, and because he knows I'm coming by and loyal to him and his melons mine are always set aside for me. Selected by the watermelon master himself.

And after a nice watermelon feast a little fried chicken for dessert is always nice.

I wish I had a watermelon dealer.

I hope he sued the shit out of EZ-Lube!

I am Caucasian, and don't mind the slightest that certain types of food or activities are associated with groups of Whites (German, Italian, etc.). I therefore cannot understand why Blacks are offended when certain foods, such as fried chicken or watermelon, are associated with their race.

I thought it was well know that certain cultures and ethnicities favored certain foods and that pride was involved in the preparation and consumption of these foods.

When I say that Blacks, on average, have a stronger preference for fried chicken than Whites, on average, I am not criticizing or mocking anyone or anything.

Perhaps I am too insensitive to the feelings of Blacks, or it could be that some Blacks need to stop seeing everything in terms of racial overtones.

Maybe I am old and simplistic. But when I see a Black man eating a watermelon, all I see is a man refreshing himself with something cold, sweet and delicious. It makes me want to trade places with him. My refresher of choice is alcoholic, but to each his own.

That's what I was thinking!
But within the 2nd post I was called a "racist fucking asshole" by a troll.

You have to excuse Truthmatters. She's a lying hypocritical racist, and a slumlord.

I hate lying hypocritical racist, slumlords! Is she the reason I have all of those red blocks?

Nothing beats watermelon and grape soda !!!

I like watermelon and orange crush.

smallfriedchickenandwatermelon.jpg

Forum List

Back