Why is it ok for black people to love watermelon but it's racist to notice?

I used to work with a black guy who lived in a white neighborhood.

One time he invited me and my family over for a picnic at his house.

Since we lived in the south; it was mandatory that you served watermelon at any picnic during the summer.

When I asked his wife, "Hey, where's the watermelon"?

She just started laughing; and said that he refused to buy a watermelon at the grocery store.

Because he didn't any of his white neighbors to see him carry it into the house. :lol:

Shit, in America it's OK for a gang of blacks to rape, torture and murder a group of white teens in a Kansas wheatfield, but "racist" for whites to notice it was blacks who did it.

What if white people starting fighting back?

I am Caucasian, and don't mind the slightest that certain types of food or activities are associated with groups of Whites (German, Italian, etc.). I therefore cannot understand why Blacks are offended when certain foods, such as fried chicken or watermelon, are associated with their race.

I thought it was well know that certain cultures and ethnicities favored certain foods and that pride was involved in the preparation and consumption of these foods.

When I say that Blacks, on average, have a stronger preference for fried chicken than Whites, on average, I am not criticizing or mocking anyone or anything.

Perhaps I am too insensitive to the feelings of Blacks, or it could be that some Blacks need to stop seeing everything in terms of racial overtones.

Maybe I am old and simplistic. But when I see a Black man eating a watermelon, all I see is a man refreshing himself with something cold, sweet and delicious. It makes me want to trade places with him. My refresher of choice is alcoholic, but to each his own.

Whatever you do with Afros, you're always guilty of racism. Whatever Afros do, even hunting down whites to rape, torture, and kill, they're not racist... nor even "bad", they're just victims of oppression.

racist fucking asshole

wow..... from the fucking racist bitch herself

I'm half black and I could give a damn if somebody called me a watermelon man, I like to eat watermelon from time to time during the season, so what? you don't know as much about Black people as you think.

thanks Oreo

Truth Matters always goes on record to speak for Black people and than when she doesn't like what she hears the racial slurs come out, isn't that right truthdoesn't matter?

racist fucking asshole

wow..... from the fucking racist bitch herself

I'm half black and I could give a damn if somebody called me a watermelon man, I like to eat watermelon from time to time during the season, so what? you don't know as much about Black people as you think.

thanks Oreo

Truth Matters always goes on record to speak for Black people and than when she doesn't like what she hears the racial slurs come out, isn't that right truthdoesn't matter?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/215280-truth-matters-is-a-racist.html

Forum List

Back