Why is it always Atheists vs Christians?

Personally, I believe that it's just typical left wing hypocrisy. I know that not all atheists are lefties but most are.

Hypocrits like the N.O.W. who are only FOR Democrat women, or the NAACP who only promote and protect Democrats blacks, or anti-war people who only protest wars when the GOP is in power. Atheists only care about percieved threats when those threats come from Christians.

Atheist activists are vile people. They need to spread hate and destruction. This feeds their need for attention and gives them personal satisfaction. They are a disgusting lot.

Personally, I believe that it's just typical left wing hypocrisy. I know that not all atheists are lefties but most are.

Hypocrits like the N.O.W. who are only FOR Democrat women, or the NAACP who only promote and protect Democrats blacks, or anti-war people who only protest wars when the GOP is in power. Atheists only care about percieved threats when those threats come from Christians.

Atheist activists are vile people. They need to spread hate and destruction. This feeds their need for attention and gives them personal satisfaction. They are a disgusting lot.

For a period in my life I was an atheist, despite that I never bashed anyone for their beliefs. What is the point?

As an athiest, I have never had my belief's attacked by Muslims or Jews. However, in my community, there are many Christain people who would ostracize me if I were to announce that I was am athiest...even my own brother. They barely tolerate me if I claim to be agnostic. In fact, I recently had an experience with someone who dropped me like a bad habbit, just for saying I was agnostic. I am no activisit. However, I do feel pressure by the Christain community to keep my beliefs to myself. It is only on an annonymous message board that I can be totally honest about it, without having to pay a price. I resent that, and, given enough time putting up with it, I could easily become an athiest activist.

Why is it that you’re making broad, sweeping generalizations about Atheists?

In the West, secular laws tend to act as a choke collar around the necks of pious religionists. Let’s not pretend that wannabe Field Marshall General Ayatollah Jerry Falwell is any less whacked out and dangerous than the pious moslems ruling Iran or the KSA.

If you actually listen to the ideological tripe being uttered by the more excitable of the Christian fundies, it’s pretty clear that moslems have no particular claim to the title of being the “most mysogenistic and homophobic of all religions”.

It is the Atheists who need the 'choke collar' as they want their religion to be the official state religion. The founders wrote that a country is better with 'many sects.' Atheists wan't NO sects but themselves.

You make a common mistake of defining Atheism as a "religion" when it is no such thing.

It's a belief system that defines your view of life

You make a common mistake of defining Atheism as a "religion" when it is no such thing.

Yes it is. See my previous post.

I saw your previous post. It was falsely configured.

Please define for us the rituals, practices and tenets of Atheism which are analogous to religious rituals, practices and tenets.

What is the “book of Atheism” that would be analogous to a religious “holy book”.

Is there a particular location where Atheists regularly gather to not believe”?

Atheism has no practices, customs, beliefs or “philosophies.” Atheism is simply the rejection of the Theistic model as undemonstrated, unsupported and bereft substantiation.

Fortunately, I’m not saddled with the compulsive admonition of “believe as you’re told or be consigned to everlasting pain and torment.” Think about it, what is the best way to get someone to believe as you wish for them to? FEAR. Scare the hell out of him. Tell the people that “evolutionists”, “those who don’t believe as you do”, etc., are on a paved road to hell....and you will deter them (for a time) until they LEARN better.

You made a few mistakes in your earlier post. First in assuming if there is a god, then we have to establish which god it was that created. If there is a god, then there is only one God, and that by the very definition of the term God.

So first, you must define your terms here. What do you mean by "god(s)"? There are many conceptions of gods, ranging from incorporeal entities to long haired hippies walking around in sandals. Additionally, there have been something on the order of 14,000 “versions” of god(s). Can you make the irrefutable case of your conception of god having primacy over all others?

I’m not assuming that god(s) exist or don’t exist. I’m reaching a conclusion based upon the evidence at hand. The fact is, there is no evidence that god(s) exist.

****A set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.****

Doesn't say it ALWAYS involves rituals or practices.

Atheists are so anti-religion they can't simply admit they have one too.
They even get just as defensive as a member of any other religion when theirs is questioned, or even just pointed out to them.

It's okay to admit it.
It's not like you're going to confession and saying five Hail Marys or anything

:cool:

A set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies
This is exactly why atheism is not a religion. It is non- belief in any of that. Atheism has no beliefs whatsoever concerning anything. It is the simple rejection of all known religious beliefs. You are thoroughly confused as to what atheism actually is.

A set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies
This is exactly why atheism is not a religion. It is non- belief in any of that. Atheism has no beliefs whatsoever concerning anything. It is the simple rejection of all known religious beliefs. You are thoroughly confused as to what atheism actually is.

Atheism is a choice to not seek after God. That choice is founded on the idea that there is no God. That idea is fostered by the premise that there can be no God. The premise is the result of a belief that God doesn't demonstrate that He exists. The person who holds such a belief is mad at God because God didn't do something for that individual. So the choice is the result of a belief.

^^^

I don't think that's what it is, it seems like agnostics/atheists are always trying to discover a true answer and they want to know what will happen now and why we are here before death. So it leads to them thinking a lot of several different ideas and they end up claiming to be agnostic but they really have a mixed set of beliefs. They are actually very interested in religion but they want good answers. Which they won't get from most people nowadays and they need the willingness to believe in God first.

Atheism is a choice to not seek after God. That choice is founded on the idea that there is no God. That idea is fostered by the premise that there can be no God. The premise is the result of a belief that God doesn't demonstrate that He exists. The person who holds such a belief is mad at God because God didn't do something for that individual. So the choice is the result of a belief.

That is tragically, comically false.

They also feel compelled to gain converts.

Atheists also believe that their belief somehow bestows upon them superior, even supernatural, understanding and wisdom.

I think its lack of experience and exposure to Islam, they know nothing about it and think only Christians are bad.

Been exposed to it plenty.

Most muslims I deal with don't go on and on about religion. I knew one guy that was sort of fanatic about it. He wanted his wife to wear a burka.

She kicked his ass out..and he begged her to forgive him.

She let him back in..and the fanatic shit stopped. :cool:

Wives are the closest thing to God that men in this world will ever know.

Girlfriends? Gods in training.

Atheists also believe that their belief somehow bestows upon them superior, even supernatural, understanding and wisdom.
And that would be your own warped and ignorant opinion.

I believe no such thing and I am an atheist. It seems that you are confusing what atheism is with some idiots that are not really atheists but anti-thists.

Atheism is a choice to not seek after God. That choice is founded on the idea that there is no God.
You are good up to this point with the clarifying point that the idea that there is no god is because of a lack of proof.
That idea is fostered by the premise that there can be no God. The premise is the result of a belief that God doesn't demonstrate that He exists. The person who holds such a belief is mad at God because God didn't do something for that individual. So the choice is the result of a belief.
And here you go off the reservation. A lack of belief is not a belief. Atheism makes no affirmation that THERE CAN BE NO GOD. THAT would be a religious tenant and those that affirm god as an impossibility are, in fact, prescribing to a belief. I would call that anti-thism. Assign whatever name you wish to it BUT atheism does not require that such an asinine belief be held.

As has been brought up a thousand times before on this board, there is no ‘religion’ that affirms Thor does not exist. Such an idea is asinine. Because you or I do not believe in Thor does not make us part of the anti-Thor religion. That lack of a belief is just that, a lack of belief that is not indicative of any religion whatsoever. That is also exactly what atheism is – a complete lack of belief.

That does not mean that when someone tells you god simply does not exist period does not have some sort of dogmatic religion. The affirmation that there is no possibility of a god is a belief and I will give you that. That affirmation is NOT what atheism is though. The non-belief in god alone (and by extension the idea that god does not exist but it is possible that he/it does) is what atheism is.

Because hate freaks come in Christian and atheist colors: disgusting.

I think its lack of experience and exposure to Islam, they know nothing about it and think only Christians are bad.

Been exposed to it plenty.

Most muslims I deal with don't go on and on about religion. I knew one guy that was sort of fanatic about it. He wanted his wife to wear a burka.

She kicked his ass out..and he begged her to forgive him.

She let him back in..and the fanatic shit stopped. :cool:

You live in New York though, there are alot of Americans who have never met a Muslim and just go off of what they see on tv, every Muslim is Usama Bin Laden.

All atheists are 'religious' in that they have faith that a God whom they cannot disprove does in fact not exist.

No, trust me, you've proven my point.

Atheists believe they are supernaturally endowed with greater powers of reasoning than any religious person, anywhere. They're just that much smarter and more clever, and better.

That is, in and of itself, a loony belief system. And it's what defines atheists.

That and their bizarre desire to convert the world to their worldview. I guess they want everybody to get this special smartness that atheism has bestowed upon THEM.

Forum List

Back