Why is it always Atheists vs Christians?

No idea. I have nothing against Atheists. Atheism may be completely illogical (as I've explained multiple times before) but people are free to believe it if they want to. If I can't convince them my way is better, than it's my obligation as a disciple of Christ to lift, encourage, and exhort them any way possible.

No idea. I have nothing against Atheists. Atheism may be completely illogical (as I've explained multiple times before) but people are free to believe it if they want to. If I can't convince them my way is better, than it's my obligation as a disciple of Christ to lift, encourage, and exhort them any way possible.

Religion is the denial of all logic and reason in order to believe in a myth that has no credible evidence to support it's snake oil promise of an "afterlife".

Religion is the denial of all logic and reason in order to believe in a myth that has no credible evidence to support it's snake oil promise of an "afterlife".

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

You might find that illogical. But that doesn't change the fact that it's the right thing to do.

It's left vs. right. Left (regarding liberal/godless atheists) believes in no deity existing and other progressive features (such as being pro-choice, pro-LGBT), right (regarding Christian rightists) believes there is one and has other conservative features (such as being pro-life and anti-LGBT), both sides act accordingly, thus you have strife and discord as always when it comes to debates and arguments.

I myself am an atheist but am not a progressive liberal (I identify as a nationalist and I'm pro-life for the most part), and I see absolutely no point about why the conflict between atheists and Christians is ongoing. We have opinions, we have beliefs, so do other people, and both sides should just quit it and get along. We can all sing kumbaya at the camp fire and smoke doobies and snort coke all the same.

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."

You might find that illogical. But that doesn't change the fact that it's the right thing to do.

Why do you illogically assume that only believers "visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction"?
Why do you illogically assume that only believers can keep themselves "unspotted from the world"?
Why do you illogically assume that only believers know what is "the right thing to do"?

First, this is not a left/right issue. The left is not synonymous with atheist and right is not synonymous with Christian.

The case is, as others have pointed out, a matter of effect. Muslims do not affect atheists in this nation to a large degree where Christians do affect them greatly. There are essentially no Muslims or Jews or any other religion getting into office demanding that they follow their religious tenants. There are MANY Christians doing exactly that. Every time you cast a ballot, you are voting for a Christian. Every president in history has been a Christian. They are all over the government and Judeo-Christian values and tenants pulse throughout the government and law systems. Why would an atheist speak to any other religion?

Conversely, the Christians are not dealing with demands of instituting sharia law. No one is demanding that pork or beef be outlawed. There are no inroads that other religions are making into our government. On the other hand, atheists are trying to take religion out of government. Atheists are the only challenge to Christianity in the realm of politics (as little of a challenge as it is) so why would Christians speak to any other religions. It is secularism that they have to deal with.

Essentially, it has to do with influence over our lives. We are going to challenge that which has the greatest influence over us.

Christianity isn't making "inroads" into our government. Why don't you give us evidence of recent "christian" legislation that is being proposed?

Atheists maintain that any legal action motivated by the desire to do good is necessarily "Christianity" interfering with the state. It's crazy.

Why do you illogically assume that only believers "visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction"?
Why do you illogically assume that only believers can keep themselves "unspotted from the world"?
Why do you illogically assume that only believers know what is "the right thing to do"?

Because thats what religion is and you hate religion.

And if you knew the right thing to do. You wouldnt mock God.

Because thats what religion is and you hate religion.

And if you knew the right thing to do. You wouldnt mock God.

Does your religion tell you to hate and lie about others who don't share your own personal beliefs?

Why is it always Atheists versus Christians? Why are they seldom against Muslims, or hindus or Jews?

Muslims in particular are the most mysogenistic and homophobic of all religions. They have a doctrine of world domination and are completely intolerant of not only other religions, but of atheists as well. Their extremists murder people whereas Christian extremists seldom do.

It is because of their erroneous use of moral relativism. They hark back to the Crusades and the Salem Witch trials and use those things which occurred when people were ignorant and following the dictates of leaders of theocracies as the moral equivalent of muslims using modern technology and social networking to plan horrific crimes on modern day people. They seem to think, it's time for the muslims to get one on the Christians. But the never stop to consider that they atheist too is considered an infidel and that islamic terrorist aren't going to let them off the plane before they crash it.

Most other religions don't proselytize, which is a tenet of the Christian religion, and they don't like someone making them uncomfortable by talking about it. If they were secure in their own 'knowledge' then a few Christians 'testifying' wouldn't send them through the roof. They don't want creationism taught in schools, but I wonder how many ways they are going to spaz out when they start teaching the ancient alien 'man was genetically engineered by the Anunnaki' (those who from the heavens came) as the explanation for their being an impossible jump in the evolution of man with no 'missing link.'

On forums, I have never purported to be any particular religion, but I get regularly attacked by Atheists when I point out such things as their flawed moral relativism and other things such as Timothy McVeigh being an agnostic, and Eric Rudolph prefering Nietzsche to the Bible. Atheists are closed minded bigots who want their religion to be the official state religion.

Last edited:
Why is it always Atheists versus Christians? Why are they seldom against Muslims, or hindus or Jews?

Muslims in particular are the most mysogenistic and homophobic of all religions. They have a doctrine of world domination and are completely intolerant of not only other religions, but of atheists as well. Their extremists murder people whereas Christian extremists seldom do.

Why is it that you’re making broad, sweeping generalizations about Atheists?

In the West, secular laws tend to act as a choke collar around the necks of pious religionists. Let’s not pretend that wannabe Field Marshall General Ayatollah Jerry Falwell is any less whacked out and dangerous than the pious moslems ruling Iran or the KSA.

If you actually listen to the ideological tripe being uttered by the more excitable of the Christian fundies, it’s pretty clear that moslems have no particular claim to the title of being the “most mysogenistic and homophobic of all religions”.

It is the Atheists who need the 'choke collar' as they want their religion to be the official state religion. The founders wrote that a country is better with 'many sects.' Atheists wan't NO sects but themselves.

In the West, secular laws tend to act as a choke collar around the necks of pious religionists. Let’s not pretend that wannabe Field Marshall General Ayatollah Jerry Falwell is any less whacked out and dangerous than the pious moslems ruling Iran or the KSA.

If you actually listen to the ideological tripe being uttered by the more excitable of the Christian fundies, it’s pretty clear that moslems have no particular claim to the title of being the “most mysogenistic and homophobic of all religions”.

It is the Atheists who need the 'choke collar' as they want their religion to be the official state religion. The founders wrote that a country is better with 'many sects.' Atheists wan't NO sects but themselves.

You make a common mistake of defining Atheism as a "religion" when it is no such thing.

Atheism is not a religion.

Yes it is. Just becaue you don't want it to be doesn't mean that it isn't. There are definitely things Atheists worship, power and control being two of those things and they want to force those things on the whole of society.

Last edited:

You make a common mistake of defining Atheism as a "religion" when it is no such thing.

Yes it is. See my previous post.

Yes it is. See my previous post.

I saw your previous post. It was falsely configured.

Please define for us the rituals, practices and tenets of Atheism which are analogous to religious rituals, practices and tenets.

What is the “book of Atheism” that would be analogous to a religious “holy book”.

Is there a particular location where Atheists regularly gather to not believe”?

Atheism has no practices, customs, beliefs or “philosophies.” Atheism is simply the rejection of the Theistic model as undemonstrated, unsupported and bereft substantiation.

Fortunately, I’m not saddled with the compulsive admonition of “believe as you’re told or be consigned to everlasting pain and torment.” Think about it, what is the best way to get someone to believe as you wish for them to? FEAR. Scare the hell out of him. Tell the people that “evolutionists”, “those who don’t believe as you do”, etc., are on a paved road to hell....and you will deter them (for a time) until they LEARN better.

You made a few mistakes in your earlier post. First in assuming if there is a god, then we have to establish which god it was that created. If there is a god, then there is only one God, and that by the very definition of the term God.

So first, you must define your terms here. What do you mean by "god(s)"? There are many conceptions of gods, ranging from incorporeal entities to long haired hippies walking around in sandals. Additionally, there have been something on the order of 14,000 “versions” of god(s). Can you make the irrefutable case of your conception of god having primacy over all others?

I’m not assuming that god(s) exist or don’t exist. I’m reaching a conclusion based upon the evidence at hand. The fact is, there is no evidence that god(s) exist.

Yes it is. Just becaue you don't want it to be doesn't mean that it isn't. There are definitely things Atheists worship, power and control being two of those things and they want to force those things on the whole of society.

Please provide substantiation for the Atheist "book of worship of power and control".

Please provide substantiation for the Atheist "book of worship of power and control".

Go to law school. You will find it.

Illogical. The law is not religion. Are you now admitting that Atheism is not a religion?

Forum List

Back