Why is it always Atheists vs Christians?

Why is it always Atheists versus Christians? Why are they seldom against Muslims, or hindus or Jews?

Muslims in particular are the most mysogenistic and homophobic of all religions. They have a doctrine of world domination and are completely intolerant of not only other religions, but of atheists as well. Their extremists murder people whereas Christian extremists seldom do.
The Fact that Both doctrines is irrational is obvious like the sun :cool:

The American Muslim (TAM)
Christian Violence in History
The Facts About Islam: Christian Terrorists Making the World a Dangerous Place
Canadian Terrorist Richard Henry Bain: "I am a Christian soldier. I fight for freedom, democracy and justice" | loonwatch.com

Read or download Only Love Can Defeat Terrorism
Global Impact - Atheism is The ''root Of Terrorism''

Besides, Atheists are the most deluded people and a muslim once said he is shy because he was a former atheist.
Just watch this (definitely worthy to watch):

Last edited by a moderator:
I think so too. The people who are the most warm and fuzzy about Islam and other oppressive regimes are the ones who have never, in their entire lives, felt fear or witnessed suffering on a wide scale. It has never entered into their consciousness, and because they've had it so good, they just assume everybody else is in the same boat.

Or they're just straight up pro-Islam because they LIKE what they represent, and do. I think 3/4 fall into that category, honestly. I can't adequately express in what low regard I hold progressives.

Generalizations like yours display ignorance. The average Muslim is no different to the average Christian. Here is a true story about a Muslim couple who lived in the Lebanon shortly after WW2. One cold night there was a knock on the door and a man, woman and their infant son who were traveling to Mecca needed shelter for the night. As good Muslims they made them welcome but in the morning both of the adult guests were very sick. A couple of days later they both died. Although this couple had children of their own they raised the infant boy as one their own and made sure that he had a good education just like their own children did. When he came of age they gave him his inheritance which included every cent of the money that his deceased parents had on them that night. They never took any of it for themselves even though they fed, clothed, housed and educated him. They did that because of the teachings of their religion. They were just ordinary people like everyone else but they did what the Quran told them was right.

Christians are the biggest on imposing their beliefs on others. Jews? Not so much. It's an "exclusive" club with them.

Same basically with Muslims.

About the Jews I agree. That's why I think that http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/285017-judaism-is-the-best-religion.html

Regarding the Muslims we'll have to agree to disagree - I find them even more evangelical than the Christians. At least the Christians are less likely to shoot you for turning down their particular offer of eternal life.

I've never seen Muslims or Jews proselytizing in the streets in NYC..or anywhere else in the United States. Christians? It's a daily thing. Add in, every one of their holidays are in your face. And you can't walk more than a couple of blocks in this city without bumping into a church or something. I am treated to church bells every hour on the hour in my new neighborhood. And it was the same in my old neighborhood.

:eusa_hand:

I think its lack of experience and exposure to Islam, they know nothing about it and think only Christians are bad.

Been exposed to it plenty.

Most muslims I deal with don't go on and on about religion. I knew one guy that was sort of fanatic about it. He wanted his wife to wear a burka.

She kicked his ass out..and he begged her to forgive him.

She let him back in..and the fanatic shit stopped. :cool:

Why is it always Atheists versus Christians? Why are they seldom against Muslims, or hindus or Jews?

Muslims in particular are the most mysogenistic and homophobic of all religions. They have a doctrine of world domination and are completely intolerant of not only other religions, but of atheists as well. Their extremists murder people whereas Christian extremists seldom do.

Because in this country the christer are the majority and they proselytize , not so with Jews

Because in this country the christer are the majority and they proselytize , not so with Jews

Belief is almost irrelevant to Judaism. Abraham is not told to BELIEVE in God, but to walk with God. What is important to Judaism is action, not belief. Doing the right things for the wrong reasons is viewed as sinful (or at best, ambiguous) in Christianity; but in Judaism, doing the right things for the wrong reasons still means you've done the right things. Thus, being Jewish is not about believing in God, but about doing the right things.
Thus, it is not inconsistent for an atheist to be Jewish. But if someone who is Jewish converts or calls themselves a "messianic jew" they are considered dead to the Jewish community and not considered party of the Jewish people not so with a Jew who says they are an Atheist.

Yeah, the jews have been getting it wrong for a long time.

You'd think they'd learn, but they don't.

Christians are the biggest on imposing their beliefs on others. Jews? Not so much. It's an "exclusive" club with them.

Same basically with Muslims.

About the Jews I agree. That's why I think that http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/285017-judaism-is-the-best-religion.html

Regarding the Muslims we'll have to agree to disagree - I find them even more evangelical than the Christians. At least the Christians are less likely to shoot you for turning down their particular offer of eternal life.

I've never seen Muslims or Jews proselytizing in the streets in NYC..or anywhere else in the United States. Christians? It's a daily thing. Add in, every one of their holidays are in your face. And you can't walk more than a couple of blocks in this city without bumping into a church or something. I am treated to church bells every hour on the hour in my new neighborhood. And it was the same in my old neighborhood.

:eusa_hand:

I don't know, Bro'... I can always present a crazy enough personality to get sales people to stop talking to me, it's the ones that feel they should shoot me when I tactfully tell them to fuck off that I have to keep two eyes on. :eusa_shifty:

I think it's somehow wrapped up in some fuzzy re-writing of history that includes a weird understanding of what the crusades were, and how Christianity spread...wrapped up with the vague notion that cars are bad and everybody should just live together in concrete jungles and leave the natural world alone, while harvesting unborn babies for nutrition and skin products.

It's called "progressivism".

(My bold)

Nah, you're thinking about the Matrix series of movies ...

Personally, I believe that it's just typical left wing hypocrisy. I know that not all atheists are lefties but most are.

Hypocrits like the N.O.W. who are only FOR Democrat women, or the NAACP who only promote and protect Democrats blacks, or anti-war people who only protest wars when the GOP is in power. Atheists only care about percieved threats when those threats come from Christians.

(My bold)

You may be too young to remember - As the Vietnam war raged during LBJ's term - he was a Democrat - the protest against the War - on the street, in the media, in the military, in the universities & in the churches peaked. Although LBJ moved Civil Rights legislation like no one since, his stance on the war tore the party & the country apart.

Prexy Nixon had won election on his "secret plan" to end the War. He also received a lot of protest, as he invaded Cambodia, Laos, & returned to bombing N. Vietnam to force negotations.

A film series that progressives loved, I might add.

(laughing) OK, I've looked around on the 'Net, but I don't see a reference to how the fans of The Matrix series break down by political views. Why do you say that Progressives loved the movies?

I assumed it was the mythologization of Modernity, plus Kung Fu & bullet time, the beautiful special effects, costumes, the man against the machines plot. It was straight politics instead? That doesn't seem right ...

A film series that progressives loved, I might add.

(laughing) OK, I've looked around on the 'Net, but I don't see a reference to how the fans of The Matrix series break down by political views. Why do you say that Progressives loved the movies?

I assumed it was the mythologization of Modernity, plus Kung Fu & bullet time, the beautiful special effects, costumes, the man against the machines plot. It was straight politics instead? That doesn't seem right ...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk6iI1Fh4VQ]Pink Floyd - Welcome To The Machine (music video) - YouTube[/ame]

Why is it that you’re making broad, sweeping generalizations about Atheists?

In the West, secular laws tend to act as a choke collar around the necks of pious religionists. Let’s not pretend that wannabe Field Marshall General Ayatollah Jerry Falwell is any less whacked out and dangerous than the pious moslems ruling Iran or the KSA.

If you actually listen to the ideological tripe being uttered by the more excitable of the Christian fundies, it’s pretty clear that moslems have no particular claim to the title of being the “most mysogenistic and homophobic of all religions”.

In the West, secular laws tend to act as a choke collar around the necks of pious religionists. Let’s not pretend that wannabe Field Marshall General Ayatollah Jerry Falwell is any less whacked out and dangerous than the pious moslems ruling Iran or the KSA.

If you actually listen to the ideological tripe being uttered by the more excitable of the Christian fundies, it’s pretty clear that moslems have no particular claim to the title of being the “most mysogenistic and homophobic of all religions”.

You cannot be serious.

Personally, I believe that it's just typical left wing hypocrisy. I know that not all atheists are lefties but most are.

Hypocrits like the N.O.W. who are only FOR Democrat women, or the NAACP who only promote and protect Democrats blacks, or anti-war people who only protest wars when the GOP is in power. Atheists only care about percieved threats when those threats come from Christians.

(My bold)

You may be too young to remember - As the Vietnam war raged during LBJ's term - he was a Democrat - the protest against the War - on the street, in the media, in the military, in the universities & in the churches peaked. Although LBJ moved Civil Rights legislation like no one since, his stance on the war tore the party & the country apart.

Prexy Nixon had won election on his "secret plan" to end the War. He also received a lot of protest, as he invaded Cambodia, Laos, & returned to bombing N. Vietnam to force negotations.

The Democrat Party was a LOT different then. I'm talking about recent history.

Self-identified Christians make up the majority of the US. That means that those of us who live here tend to have MUCH more direct exposure to Christianity. So the religion atheists in the US are most likely to oppose often is Christianity.

Do Christians tend to worry more about atheists than members of other religions? If that's the case, I can only guess that it's because of arguments that our government needs to remain secular are seen as attacks on their right to express their belief. I think there's also some pandering; again, Christians making up the majority of the country, anyone who wants to sell the idea of persecution against a religion is better off using Christianity than any other religion(s).

For the most part I think it's about amount of exposure. Christians are more likely to bump heads with atheists (or agnostics) and vice versa than any other beliefs in the US.

You cannot be serious.

Yes, I'm serious.

Religion in Western cultures is largely a personal and private matter. By and large, it is not forced upon others or dragged into the public arena as with other cultures. In a representative republic such as ours in the U.S., one has the right to believe (or not) as you wish, and you have every expectation of that right being honored by others (even if grudgingly) and protected by law. This is demonstrative of the plurality in democracy which makes us strong. This tends also to fire the debates we engage in (without recourse to killing each other, burning down buildings and beheading one another in the streets) which help to insure and preserve our freedoms. This also promotes a de facto secularly defined social milieu which has allowed science and the arts to flourish, thus improving our own lives and our ability to help others improve theirs. The positive impacts of liberal Western democracies on humankind cannot be overstated. We've provided the mechanism to allow our societies to evolve, we are governed by laws which are applied equally, irrespective of religious affiliation. We promote the right and encourage the means whereby others can be free and we understand there are benefits to ourselves when we engage democratic allies rather than totalitarian and fascist enemies. We have made huge mistakes but have managed to avoid the pitfalls of allowing a single, rigid ideology that discriminates against large portions of its population.

I hope to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won’t have any public schools. The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them.

What a happy day that will be.
Jerry Falwell

Ah, yes. Religious fascism under the burqa of Christianity.

There will never be world peace until Gods house and Gods people are given their rightful place of leadership at the top of the world.
Pat Robertson

Lovely, lovely people.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back