Why is it a big deal that Muslims have a day of prayer?

there should be none at all for any religion...religion skews logical thinking...

You are so wrong. Religion doesn't "skew" logical thinking. It smothers thought of any kind and destroys common sense.

There are no Muslims in my neck of the woods...where I live. But I attend trainings with and mingle with Muslims when I go to the city, and anyone who ever flies interacts with Muslims in probably the most frightening and otherwise uncomfortable place in the world....airports.

I have never advocated taking rights from any Muslim, except those who are criminal. I have never proposed that Muslims be prevented from gathering at the capitol.

I don't treat ppl in Muslim attire any different than anyone else. I would die first.

That said, it's STILL stupid to pretend Islam isn't a threat to the peace and safety of the world.

At one time or another, people who take their religion too seriously are a threat to the peace and safety of the world. Don't blame the religion, blame the people...just like don't blame the gun, blame the people.

Setting aside the fact that they are Muslims, will someone please explain to me why one group's religious request was honored and taxpayer money spent in the form of street and grounds cleaning & care, electricity for speakers and microphones, security, etc., (which was probably heightened due to possible confrontations) while all other religious groups were denied (because the president made the decision to cancel it) the opportunity to participate in what has been, for years, the NATIONAL Day of Prayer event.

That is the basis of the complaint. Good Muslims or bad, it was wrong to show favoritism to them, whle denying everyone else the same freedom.

I don’t have a problem with thousands of Muslims gathering to pray for America but I bet Allah is getting a bit confused.

“Death to America, Bless America, you people don’t know what you want. If you don’t shut up I am going to come down there and give you the stoning of your life! And you, 13,101 Muslim in the right back row, that better not be a beer I see in your hand!”

Last edited:
Setting aside the fact that they are Muslims, will someone please explain to me why one group's religious request was honored and taxpayer money spent in the form of street and grounds cleaning & care, electricity for speakers and microphones, security, etc., (which was probably heightened due to possible confrontations) while all other religious groups were denied (because the president made the decision to cancel it) the opportunity to participate in what has been, for years, the NATIONAL Day of Prayer event.

That is the basis of the complaint. Good Muslims or bad, it was wrong to show favoritism to them, whle denying everyone else the same freedom.

What? The National Day of Prayer event was cancelled? Are you sure?

Here is what I don't understand about this whole situation.

Many times on this forum, I hear people say, "where are the moderate Muslims and why don't we hear from them" ?

So here are thousands of loyal and patriotic Muslims having a day of prayer for America and all of her people.

But both the media and people of this forum act like it's a meeting of radicals shouting "Death to America"
What is a moderate muslim ?Is there a moderate Islam?
What are they praying for?

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/12390/judging
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/98301/judging
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/974&ln/judging

Allaah has commanded us to refer matters to His judgement and to establish Sharee‘ah, and He has forbidden us to rule with anything else, as is clear from a number of aayaat in the Qur’aan, such as the aayaat in Soorat al-Maa’idah (5) which discuss ruling according to what Allaah has revealed, and mention the following topics:

The command to rule according to what Allaah has revealed: “And so judge between them by what Allaah has revealed . . .” [aayah 49]

Warning against ruling by other than what Allaah has revealed: “. . . and follow not their vain desires . . .” [aayah 49]

Warning against compromising on any detail of Sharee‘ah, no matter how small: “. . . but beware of them lest they turn you far away from some of that which Allaah has sent down to you . . .” [aayah 49]

Forbidding seeking the ruling of jaahiliyyah, as is expressed in the rhetorical question “Do they then seek the judgement of (the Days of) Ignorance?” [aayah 50]

The statement that nobody is better than Allaah to judge: “. . . and who is better in judgement than Allaah for a people who have firm Faith?” [aayah 50]

The statement that whoever does not judge according to what Allaah revealed is a kaafir, a zaalim (oppressor or wrongdoer) and a faasiq (sinner), as Allaah says: “. . . And whoever does not judge by what Allaah has revealed, such are the kaafiroon.” [aayah 44]; “. . . And whoever does not judge by that which Allaah has revealed, such are the zaalimoon (polytheists and wrongdoers)” [aayah 45]; “. . . And whoever does not judge by what Allaah has revealed (then) such (people) are the faasiqoon (rebellious or disobedient).” [aayah 47].

The statement that it is obligatory for the Muslims to judge according to what Allaah has revealed, even if those who seek their judgement are not Muslim, as Allaah says: “. . . And if you judge, judge with justice between them. . .” [aayah 42]

The Muslim Day of Prayer was just a local group of muslims who decided to get together and have a prayer day for America.

It was not sponsered by the government or any government organization.

That the President cancelled a National Day of Prayer, had zero to do with local muslims having their own pro America day of prayer.

Just curious..it seems some people here and in the media are upset that muslims are going to D.C. for a day of prayer.

Why are you upset by this?

I fully admit I have VERY LITTLE information about the situation other than a bunch of Muslims are going to gather for a day of prayer so maybe you guys can enlighten me as to the big deal:

Is it a government funded gathering?
Are other religions exluded from doing the same type of thing?
What is your specific issue with this gathering?

Any other bits of information are welcome.

I believe the women were not allowed to sit with the men. I have a problem with that. In fact, it may be illegal.

However, if no one objected, it doesn't affect me in the least.

Are other religions afforded the same? I don't know the answer. Just asking.

In Islam there is a complete segregation of the sexes.

At the mosque there are separate entrance/exit doors for men and women.

The prayer area is also divided into a women and men's area. Many times divided by a curtain.

Also, all dinners, classes, lectures, weddings, parties, etc., are also held in different areas of the mosque for men and women.

Last edited:
Just curious..it seems some people here and in the media are upset that muslims are going to D.C. for a day of prayer.

I fully admit I have VERY LITTLE information about the situation other than a bunch of Muslims are going to gather for a day of prayer so maybe you guys can enlighten me as to the big deal:

Me personally...I could care less what people do on public property. It's everyones right to do what they want as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of their fellow citizens. Having a muslim prayer meeting on the Capitol grounds though? I would think that some would complain about separation of church and state since the motivation for the prayer meeting was Obama's speech in Cairo and his inauguration as President. I guess as long as no federal money was spent on it it should be OK as long as they complied with all applicable ordinances.

When I was back there in seminary school, there was a person there that put forth the proposition that you can petition the Lord with prayer...

Petition the Lord with prayer.....

Petition the Lord with prayer.....

YOU CANNOT PETITION THE LORD WITH PRAYER!

[youtube]1XlqCFi6o-E&feature[/youtube]

• Thanks
Reactions: del
In Islam there is a complete segregation of the sexes.

At the mosque there are separate entrance/exit doors for men and women.

The prayer area is also divided into a women and men's area. Many times divided by a curtain.

Also, all dinners, classes, lectures, weddings, parties, etc., are also held in different areas of the mosque for men and women.
What is a moderate muslim ?
Is there a moderate Islam?

Excellent question(s).

Forum List

Back